Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

What a find @caitbird! I’m 

IMG_5761.jpeg

A tiny haulette from Marshall’s. There was so much K-beauty there! I’ve heard about these primera before and decided to give them a try.

@JoSometimes, I liked the No Poreblem primer for my T-zone when my skin is more combo-oily. 

@itsfi I’ve used if a few times with my very dry skin. With proper skincare prep, it’s not so bad. I use First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for one final bit of hydration before anything matte and it usually works for me. 

IMG_5174.jpeg

I took my girls to Marshall’s near the house today after they requested to go out after school. They got some cute earmuffs for winter time and I saw this cute little palette. It’s got some deeper blues, purples, and metallics. I don’t have anything similar and it didn’t even crack $10, so I grabbed it. And I’m out of a retinol product right now. I didn’t want to make the trek out to my favourite Asian beauty shop for a replacement, so I grabbed this little bottle. My skin has tolerated every retinol product I’ve ever tried, so I thought it’s a cheap enough experiment.

IMG_4754.jpeg

Unlike other trips to Winners/Marshall’s, I was actually hoping I would come across LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL. I tried a sample of it and loooved it, then remembered that it sometimes pops up at W/M. The polishes were just cherries on top.

@JoSometimes  that's a great mask, very hydrating and soothing! I also have seen it fairly regularly at TJM. Glad you were able to find what you were looking for! 

Thanks @caitbird! Things rotate so often at those stores, there’s never any guarantee something will be there when you need it. I’m glad it was there during that trip. 

IMG_4595.jpeg

I didn’t buy anything today but I did come across this. It’s nice to see and hopefully it gets used quite a bit! 🌎

@JoSometimes happy to see this 

@greeneyedgirl107 Me too! I have a finished brow pencil that could use some recycling. 

@JoSometimes It’s wonderful to see that Winners is also taking back beauty empties! I always get conflicted about bringing my eyebrow pencil empties bc I keep thinking the spoolie “might” get some use and come in handy in the future 🤣

I felt you on that @Guessgal. I’ve been keeping nail polish bottles just in case. I dropped one and it cracked. I thought I could transfer it to one of my empties but it completely fell apart before I could. 

@JoSometimes does this pact have exclusions?  When I looked into the pact program at Sephora, there were a ton.

@greeneyedgirl107 Seems like they might have some. There’s a questionnaire to help figure out what can and can’t go in their bins. I just searched for “Winners x Pact”

oh my goodness 🙌 thank you for sharing that  🌠 @JoSometimes 

@ionianblue Hopefully it’s in all stores and not just a select few. 

Went to a Winners that was beside a Hone Depot because I needed supplies for a job. I walked away from a few Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes (trying to tag the thread, but I can’t seem to find it). I have a highlighter that I haven’t tried yet from my Top Box subscription, so I’m ok skipping that one. 

IMG_3791.jpeg

These ended up coming home with me though. I’ve been wanting to see what the grass is like on the other side when it comes to nail length. I usually keep mine short for work and life in general but I wanted to try something longer for fun once I’m done this project. I thought this would be a quick way to do try and see. The thing that annoys me about these press-on nail sets is that they’re not designed with AMAB hands in mind. If anyone knows of a set that has a 17 or 18 mm thumb, please let me know!

I’ve heard many good thing about the Cosrx cleanser and it was a steal of a deal, so why not?

And the last one was a cute little lip tint from Etude House. I couldn’t say no to this like k-beauty cutie!

@JoSometimes Ooo please tag me if/when you wear the Etude House lip tint (which shade is it?! 😁) I always wanted to try this line but also have a multitude of lippies to get through haha

@Guessgal I’ll try to remember for next time! I’m not sure which shade this one is. I can’t find a name or number on it anywhere. 

I love the CosRX cleanser @JoSometimes. I actually LOOOOOVE their essence and the sunscreen. Been using it for like a decade and I don't try anything else LOL WHAT A HAUL. WTHECK ETUDE HOUSE??!?! I have this tint but paid pull price 🥲

5,267 Replies
testing