Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Treasure hunting at my local TJ Maxx, and found a lot of BECCA products! And I bought a lot of them...can't help...

All BECCA products in photo below (excludes the gloss) are priced at $14.99, great great deal.✌️✌️✌️

I also found a bunch of Pixi by petra 2018 holiday sets at $7.99 and different Japonesque brushes/sets at low price (no photo...)

IMG_20190221_003453.jpg

Has anyone with light skintone tried the Chrissy face palette yet? I'm afraid it might be too dark on me?? (I have light/fairly light with warm undertone, if it's too dark I could give it out as gift for my friend~) Thanks~😀😀😀

Nice becca finds @Sodayui at least someone got lucky 😔 all mine had was some of the gloss. I ended up getting the kitchen set at sephora & I'm loving it!

@sonnydee Haha, my TJ Maxx used to be like that but good things started to pop up since last holiday season, still not quite as good as the Runaway stores though (They have those stores with luxe brands in bigger cities).

I love it too! It's a great set!

@SodayuiGreat finds!  Let us know if you end up keeping the face palette!

@missjeanie  I'm keeping it! I tried today and found I could use the highlighters with light hand, or as blush topper! Very pretty! 😉😉😉

@Sodayuioh fantastic!!

@Sodayui you hit the jackpot on these!

@Sodayui you hit the jackpot on these!

Re: @Sodayui you hit the jackpot on these!

@lmaster  Thank you! I decide to stop by their more often! Can't believe my eyes when I saw them!!

Great finds @Sodayui!

@Sodayui Amazing finds! Love everything 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT  @faeriegirl 

Thank you!!

Great haul! I’m pale too and the palette works for me, enjoy 😃

Thank you!!!😘😘😘

Picked these lovelies up for $4 each. 

98255270-CE33-4432-85E5-660F93C635A6.jpeg

Bite High Pigment Pencils in Grapevine and TanninBite High Pigment Pencils in Grapevine and Tannin

Was browsing Winners today and saw the Anastasia Subculture palette. Even though it was on sale, I was debating getting it because of all the negative reviews. Well, I saw another palette on clearance for CA$24 and figured it was a sign. I guess I lucked out because I didn't get one of those palettes where the powder disintegrates and explodes everywhere like in some of the YouTube videos. I also don't find it so difficult to blend? I really like it 🙂 🙂 🙂

Oh, I should add, in case some of you love the E&J perfumes, there's still some Nirvana White travel sizes and one full bottle of Nirvana Rose at the Yorkville location. These appear to be discontinued so snap them up if you are a fan!

@pocketvenusI've seen some of the Subculture palettes out there as well and like you I thought they might be too powdery and hard to blend.  Maybe I should rethink.... hm....

@pocketvenus @missjeanie If you get the Subculture palettes with the batch number that begins with "E" and has the longer ingredient list stuck on, then that's the reformulated one 🙂 and not the one all the YouTubers got in the beginning

@RNGesusPls @missjeanie , thanks for the tip! I think my batch code starts with A?

From the reviews, it sounds like you get lucky or not? I normally only dab and sweep with my brush and I do get a fair bit of kick up with some shades but nothing unmanagable.

As for blending. I did not have the severity of problems with blending weird or the powder getting streaky/patchy, as some YT reviewers. But I do find because the dark mattes are so pigmented, it is not forgiving if you go in too heavy! I also found some colours easily get muddy when you blend them together. I don't think it's that surprizing when blending two complimentary colours like edge/yellow and rowdy/purple. But of course, complementary colours is what is going to make a look pop! It is not easy to maintain a very vibrant look.

The batch code is a 5 digit code I think? You can also check if there's a sticker placed over the back side of the palette's box.

The eyeshadows are pigmented! Some people go ham into an eyeshadow palette but this one requires a light hand. Gotta pack eyeshadow where you want it and then blend out from there

@RNGesusPls, yes that is def the technique to use! The serial # on my palette is ABH47-18172

Great tip @RNGesusPls !

5,265 Replies
testing