Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

I hear you!  I generally stay away from products that aren't either individually sealed or in the tamper proof containers....and even then I check to see if it looks like it's been tampered with.  I've skipped out or put back many things because I just wasn't sure...better to be safe than sorry. 

I don't think I've ever actually seen stuff in tamper-proof containers at TJ Maxx! Unless it was a high-priced electronic, in which cased it's almost always behind glass. Maybe my TJ Maxx stores just suck lol.

@HunterKathleen , That's a huge bummer!  A lot is just out in the open at mine, but the better eyeshadow palettes and more expensive skin care tend to either be in the plastic containers or with this wire/wrap kind of thing with a sensor on it.  I still even check those though because one time I got something that clearly had been opened even though it was in a sealed container.

Goodness... It's amazing how determined some people are to ruin products like that. Like, all the effort you put in to remove the tamper-proofing and you didn't even like the palette enough to buy it?!

If someone swatches it, it costs the store the same as if...

If someone swatches it, it costs the store the same as if they stole it. It's contaminated and shouldn't be sold.

Re: If someone swatches it, it costs the store the same as if...

I figured as much, so I've always wondered why products that have CLEARLY been opened and used get left on the shelves? I would think that at closing they would at least take away damaged product from the shelves. Unless they just don't care about the unsanitary conditions of their products and wanna make as much money as possible (always a possibility, though a sad one).

@HunterKathleen Same, it’s an epidemic! About my pictures below...I’m in store wading through the mess trying to find decent items. I look up and see a woman openly applying the Smashbox x Casey Holmes highlighter palette to her face. She is going to town with her fingers. She sees me watching and says “ Ya know, sometimes these things aren’t what they say on the outside” She wanted to commiserate with me! I just walked off in stunned silence. I like to photograph what’s out there, but I don’t buy a majority of it because it’s been tampered with. I don’t even look at the lotions anymore 🙄

I just audibly gasped in horror. No!! Oh my god. The AUDACITY... Swatch at stores that offer it!!

@HunterKathleen I’m usually just on the hunt for sheet masks, which are individually packaged. I find a lot of wash off masks there but I make sure they are sealed before checking out. 

Otherwise I wait for the free shipping deals👍🏼

Yeah, I’ve never seen anything wrong with the individual sealed products thankfully! But that’s all I would buy from them, and maybe hair products because those aren’t usually messed with too much aside from being opened to smell. 

@HunterKathleen I've seeing a lot of cringeworthy relics...

@HunterKathleen I've seeing a lot of cringeworthy relics of beautiful makeup items molested in ways no decent human would do. I'm always amazed by what human tornados must have done in a days time to a beautiful organized section. But it does seem like the stores I've been to are trying to crack down, there are more staff hovering and signs posted this week saying it's under surveillance which I've also noticed in a few YouTubers videos as well. The other issue I'm competing with is that there are people buying up the good stock to resell online and that stinks, especially since we are a small town and I typically have to drive 70 miles or order online to get brands like KVD, Lime Crime, or even some of the mainstream. We only have a tiny Sephora JCP and just finally got an Ulta in December. So TJMaxx and the new Marshalls were a breath of fresh air until someone started cleaning up on all the fun brands. I'm only saying that because I've witnessed people buying multiples in all of the shades of these brands.

Re: @HunterKathleen I've seeing a lot of cringeworthy relics...

That sucks! I know if I found a really amazing product or brand I love I’d probably buy 2 if they were available so I had a back-up, but buying ALL of them? Come on. Rude. Leave some for the rest of us!

@HunterKathleen I never find anything good at my closest stores either☹️

Oh trust me, I finally plenty of good stuff. But it looks like the entire corner of the store housing beauty products has been hit by a category 5 hurricane. Palettes have the boxes ripped open and swatched, lip products are leaking all over the place, moisturizers and creams have clearly been dipped into by dozens of sets of fingers... Once I found a KVD palette that had hit pan in every single shade. My local TJ Maxx stores are lawless wastelands and I have no idea how they make any money on cosmetics. I refuse to believe people are actually buying clearly used makeup from them. Yuck!

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

And now I need to seriously stay away from Marshall's/Tjmaxx for the next 2 months....the mini already wore the mint head band-in the car on the way home. And she picked out the mom candle😋 now I have the proof, I'm actually doing a ok job with a teenager.

@sonnydee So many great products! Thanks for sharing! 

Best,

Rebecca

Yay, you got one of the dreamduos! Glad your store had it, @sonnydee!

I, indeed got lucky @quspork they had one. I thought it would be a tad cheaper (it was 39.99) but still better than $59

Great shopping, @sonnydee! My little masker brings the DE products to me asking, “Can I use this? Just a little bit?” It’s the eye stuff too, I was saving that for me. It’s gotta be the packaging.

Awesome finds @sonnydee!

New to me Marshalls finds. The Bobbi Brows highlight was $14.99! Not pictured is the box of assorted jelly beans lol and they have tons more summer DW Home candles in gorgeous colored glass jars

F322459F-CF04-4792-B961-6ED889631F6D.jpeg

2F588889-34D1-4542-9E41-F7B35421A687.jpeg

A06B7570-EFB9-466A-9F82-7219BC025677.jpeg

D5799177-B523-4531-A73C-30309C58DD37.jpeg

0C059277-ECF1-41B4-B303-D4C008B2C1EA.jpeg

8D499CC7-4268-47C8-8430-567053382B61.jpeg

B1808422-203F-4A71-A59A-092B4CC99BB3.jpeg

4645778F-A2AD-4DC1-9174-982CC88B70D8.jpeg

5,267 Replies
testing