Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Anybody know the differences between the old/new packaging? I have a duo from a few years ago that has iridescent outer packaging. Maybe it's because it's a regular duo and the ones at TJ Maxx are Killawatt foil? Not sure. The packaging for the Killawatt foil feels kiiiinda cheap and flimsy.

Or are you just referring to the outer box? Because yeah, I saw two variations in boxes for the same highlighters.

@Nahnom Oh no!! I haven’t personally tried the foundation. I have super sensitive/reactive skin and don’t have any issue with these, but I haven’t had any issues with highlighters causing breakouts. If your friend isn’t super sold on these as just highlighters, might be worth throwing in that I use these as highlight for the face, body, blush (depending on the shade), eyeshadow and even to add dimension as a lip topper! I’ve travelled with the sangria sunset duo for a quick weekend, and it was great for fun “one and done” looks! I’ll probably do the same with the sand castle/mint mojito duo as well 😍 

Tagging @danielledanielle in case you’re interested 🙂

Heh, thanks for the tag @Guessgal 

Great find @cianni! Off topic but love that nail polish you are sporting. 💅🏼 What a beautiful blue! 💙

@itsfi thank you!! The day I got my nails done, it was 20 degrees (Celsius) so I was feeling the spring color palette! Unfortunately, it’s snowed every day since then, so it may have been a little premature 😂

@cianni, I think it was perfectly timed - it’s such a beautiful, calming, spring shade to be able to look at while it’s cold and snowy outside - and a reminder of the warm weather to come! 💙

Surprised to see these at TJs.

IMG_20210821_124101_209.jpgIMG_20210821_124101_278.jpg

@CookieGirl1  Such an awesome find, hope I can find the middle product at my tj maxx.

Ohh that’s a great find @CookieGirl1 ! I love that moisturizer !

I was a bit surprised that all of it was there, @Kim888, and several of each.

😮😲🥳😱🤯

I went to TJM today on the news that the OPI summer collection was already hitting their shelves (none here, which is fine, I didn't actually need any anyways lol), but stumbled on this absolute gem of a deal instead 💕 It was the only one, and while perhaps not the shade I would have picked if I had the whole line to choose from, it's still a shade I'd wear in a heartbeat. The box was a bit worn, which gave me little hope for how the lipstick itself would look, but it's pristine, minus a small gouge in the front where it's rubbing on the inside of the case. Never in a million years would I have expected to find a Rodin at TJM!

IMG_20210731_182228828.jpg

IMG_20210731_182237038.jpg

EIGHT DOLLARS, Y'ALL!!

Few more shades are available now on TJMAXX.com…$7.99 each.

@RGbrown  Okay, this drew me back into this thread because holy cow, what a great find! Especially since the Rodin brand has shut down. Please let me know how it performs for you, once you've tested it out! 

@WinglessOne 

Ooohhh, I had no idea Rodin was gone! 😥 That makes this an extra special find for me now, and it makes a bit more sense as to why it was at TJM to begin with. *Making plans to hit more stores in the near future* 😅

I think these would be right up your alley! Full coverage with just one pass, smooth application, not patchy or streaky. No scent that I can detect. Creamy and comfy. I put it on after I got home tonight, and then made dinner shortly thereafter, so I wouldn't necessarily consider it a full wear test (plus, I forgot I was wearing it to check out how it wore down, but that's mostly a plus to me, as it meant my lips weren't being sucked dry or feeling cakey), but I was surprised when I looked in the mirror a few minutes ago and still had a hint of pink on my lips (6-7 hours later?)...considering dinner was spaghetti and I was liberal with wiping my mouth, the fact that anything was left at all was surprising. It doesn't look like it feathered either, though that's hard to be 100% sure of with so little left. I'd say grab one if you come across any...knowing that your taste lines up fairly closely to mine in terms of comfort, I'm pretty gosh darn certain you'll like these!

Thanks for the review, @RGbrown ! I’m always impressed when a bullet lipstick survives a meal at all, even if it wears all the way down to a light stain. And this one does sound like one I’d like. Now I’m kicking myself for not buying one back when Linda Rodin was still involved with the brand. I bet places like Saks and NM still have these lipsticks in stock, but I’ll keep an eye out at TJM and Marshalls for a far better price. 👍

Meanwhile: I’m glad you like this one! Hooray for a truly great bargain! 

Found a little group of masks that look promising!

FD1CFCB0-A5B4-4EEB-B32F-77871C598FC0.jpeg

This will be the first from Glamfox that I have tried. The Merbliss is a new formula I believe, with lots of love from others. And Lavender and Cactus sounds like an unusual pair, so why not!

The sheet masks are from TJ Maxx, the Korres, KVD, Tocca, and Heart Revolution are from Ross.

Haul 2 Sheet.jpg

Ohhhhh this is a fun peak at what's out there @Samtian Enjoy all the fun new masks!

@missjeanie Thank you!!

testing