Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

That’s an even more amazing deal @mrsmouse! 👀 Woohoo! 🎉 I’ve seen a few Artis sets at an out of town TJ Maxx and went back and forth over them. I passed on them that time but may go back the next time I’m in that area to see if they’ve resurfaced (and maybe be on clearance? Ha! I can hope, right? 😉) Have fun playing with all your goodies! 😃

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find them on clearance @itsfi !  My favorite two right now are the Oval 6 and the Linear 1.  I honestly haven't tried the Oval 3 yet & only tried the Linear 3 once (I need find the time to experiment with those ones when I don't have to go somewhere).  The Oval 7 had a little bit of a learning curve for me.  I think the size lent me to being a little more heavier handed with it and the foundation didn't blend as well as a result.  Once I eased up it was fine, but the Oval 6 was effortless.  Just my 2 cents in case you run across them again and are trying to decide.  🙂

Oh my goodness, thank you @mrsmouse! 🤗 I really appreciated your post. 🥰 Much of my indecision has been over whether I would get enough use of the brushes to justify the purchase. I think I’d like the Oval 6 😍 and I completely understand what you mean about the Oval 7. I saw it in the store and felt it was a tad big but I’ve heard so many raves about it. 🤔 I tend to find more stock and better deals when I’m out of town or I head out of the city so I’ll definitely keep an eye out for them (and other goodies - 😉) the next time either of those scenarios are in play. 🤞🏼😃 Thank you again! It was so helpful to get your feedback! 

I am so happy to help & will tag you in reply to Anastasiya13 where I went a little deeper into the explanation between the Oval 6 & Oval 7 just in case you're interested @itsfi .  I completely understand your hesitation as I had the same thoughts of wondering if the brushes would be worth it.  I've never had good luck with brushes and foundation in the past which is why I always wound up using beauty blenders.  The only reason I took a chance was because I had found the Oval 6 & the Linear 3 at the same time and both on clearance.  I figured I could try one and if it turned out to be all hype, I could return the unopened one.  I really hope you are able to locate them again, and on clearance!

Indeed! @itsfi @mrsmouse 

@mrsmouse So many great finds. I love my hair towel. I use it all the time 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Me too @RebeccaBT !  It's why I grabbed the second one.  😉

It would appear that my local TJ Maxx & Marshall's stocked up while I was on vacation.  I started taking pics of all the things they had & then realized I could be there for quite some time if I kept it up.  Lots of PTR, Kate Somerville, Too Faced, ABH, Shiseido, UD, NARS, etc.  Here's some of the stuff I saw, but didn't wind up getting, so could be coming to or at a store near you.  🙂20190812_104305.jpg20190811_174142.jpg20190811_174126.jpg20190810_100654.jpg

@mrsmouse,

The Sultry palette!!! ❤️

❤️ Melissa

I was definitely tempted by that one @melissabt🙂

So many good items!  I miss going to TJ Maxx 😞

@rockstargina are you doing a no or low buy or did you move away from where a TJ Maxx was?

Low buy and I’m too pregnant to walk to the closest store. 

Wow. Look at all those goodies @mrsmouse 

So many crazy good brands! Loving the tamper proof cases.

So many crazy good brands! Loving the tamper proof cases.

@mrsmouse  Wow that PTR 😮 I always thought the 24k looked sooo lux!

Wow!  All the things!  And I agree with the girl who said she was happy that they are putting cords around these.  I hate going into my Winners or Marshalls and 5 of the same palette are swatched by grubby fingers and there are no pristine palettes. Same goes for lipsticks.  

@mrsmouse 

Exactly @l8totheparty !  In all the time that I have been shopping at TJ Maxx & Marshall's I have bought ONE lip product and it was only because I could tell 100% that it hadn't been tampered with.  Mostly I stick to things that are in the security boxes, wire wrapped alarms, or the bottle itself is sealed.  I have brought things to the counter & asked to look at them while they are ringing everything up explaining that I wanted to be sure it was sealed.  The bargain is just not worth the risk. 

Good thing they put the alarm tags on them so that people can't open them and swatch them. It's one of the things that annoy me when I go makeup shopping at TJMaxx and Marshall's. I don't want my makeup to be contaminated. Especially after I ended up with a skin infection then sepsis after going to a MAC counter in Macy's. 

OMG @ArmyChick84 , that's horrible!  I think that would scare me off of makeovers completely.  I am so sorry that happened to you!!  😞  My local stores tend to put a lot of the higher end brands in the security boxes or wire wrapped alarms and I am grateful.  I have seen so many things I *would* have bought, but I couldn't be sure it wasn't tampered with so passed. I don't get why people think it's okay to open something up and try it there.  

Oh wow I have to go to my local Winners this week lol.  These are awesome

1 Reply
testing