Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Thanks for the recommendation @RebeccaBT !  I really appreciate it!  🙂

@mrsmouse You are welcome! Let me know what you think of it 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I tried out the Oval 7 for foundation @RebeccaBT , and there was a slight learning curve on this one for me that I didn't have with the Oval 6.  I think I've got it now (I suspect I was using a little too much product and pressing just a little too hard), and I'm happy with it, but I do think the Oval 6 is little more user friendly.  I'm still super stoked at discovering these brushes & am so very happy with the purchase.  🙂

Will do @RebeccaBT !  It might be a little bit though.  I'm leaning towards getting the ARTIS - Elite Mirror 3 Piece Brush Set, but with my recent splurge I need to hold off until there is a little more cash flow.  😉

@mrsmouse  I can’t believe that storage box was only $3.99!! It’s so pretty!! ❤️

Right @PinkEvergreen ?!  I had to do a double take on the price tag as I couldn't believe it either.  I have been trying to get my overstock skin care & masks organized and this fit the smaller tubes and GWP products pretty perfectly.  🙂

@mrsmouse  Wow what great finds. How do you like the artis brushes? I am so curious if the hype and price is worth it.

@Anastasiya13  & @alexalicious , I haven't yet tried the Linear 3 brush, but OMG do I LOVE the Oval 6!  I used it to apply my foundation and it was flawless!  I would not hesistate to pick more up if I ever saw them at TJ Maxx/Marshall's again.  I'm even considering purchasing the Oval 8 and using that for foundation, so that I can use the Oval 6 for contour.  I'll likely wait for a sale though as $70 for one brush is pretty steep IMO.  

@mrsmouse  Hopefully i run into a deal like that, super curious to get one for the face.

It's highly likely that I'll grab the Oval 7 in the near future @Anastasiya13 .  I'll try to make a note to come back and let you know what I think of that one vs the Oval 6 for the face. Also, I'll keep my fingers crossed you find them for a discount!  🙂

@mrsmouse  Thank you hon, and I hope you find it on clearance too, cant wait to hear you report back.

@Anastasiya13  Okay, comparing both the Oval 7 & Oval 6 for foundation I found that there was just a little bit of a learning curve with the Oval 7 that I didn't have with the Oval 6.  I think I've got it figured out, but overall I think the Oval 6 is a little more user friendly.  I'm keeping the Oval 7 and using it for foundation, but if I didn't have any of the brushes and was going to purchase one for foundation, I'd grab the Oval 6.  I hope that helps!!  🙂

@mrsmouse  Thank you for the recap. If you dont mind me asking, what learning curve did you have to deal with while using it?

I don't mind at all @Anastasiya13 !  I just hope I can explain it so that it makes sense.  The difference in the brushes is not just limited to the size.  It seems that brush head itself is more domed on the Oval 7 than on the Oval 6.  I mean they both have some curve, but the Oval 7 seems to have a little more of a peak (not pointed, but that's the best way I can think of at the moment to describe it), where the Oval 6 is a little more flat in the center.  I think the size of the Oval 7 lent me to using a little more pressure & being a little heavier handed with it. That in turn was causing that peaked area to rub off some of the foundation rather than blending it.  I didn't understand what was happening at first, so I thought maybe I needed more product.  I quickly realized that wasn't it.  I tried again a few times with a lighter hand and it works great.  The thing is, the Oval 6 worked great from the get go without me having to even think about it, hence why I say I prefer the Oval 6.  I tried to take a pic of the brush heads from the side to help illustrate what I am talking about, but I'm not sure how well it comes through since the "peak" isn't super obvious.  I hope this helps!!  🙂

@itsfi , here's my thoughts on the Oval 6 vs Oval 7

20190814_220351.jpg

@mrsmouse  Thank you so much. I can actually see what your talking about, and its actually interesting considering I did not think it would rub off the foundation. Even from your picture the edges of the bristles look different too. I will be on the lookout not for the oval 6 since I feel i can get more use out of it such as for contour too. Thank you for all the details and the pictures, I appreciate it.

I am super happy to help @Anastasiya13 !  Honestly, if I can across another Oval 6 for a good deal I'd probably pick it up so I have two (one for foundation and one for contour).  🙂

I hope you're able to find one on clearance near you!

@mrsmouse  Thank you hon, I hope you come up on a extra one too at a great price.

Thanks @Anastasiya13 !  🙂

Ditto, so curious if they are worth the hype/price. So co...

Ditto, so curious if they are worth the hype/price. So cool to see them finally clearanced though.

@mrsmouse ! You've outdone yourself again!  So many wonderful finds. Enjoy!

Thanks @l8totheparty !  The plan to stop along the way on my vacation certainly paid off.  I'm pretty sure I'll be doing it that way from now on.  😉

7 Replies
testing