Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need ๐Ÿ˜‰

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Amazing finds @missjeanie !  You super scored on all those lipsticks & I love that Dr Jart sleeping mask too!  I'm curious about your thoughts on the Kaja primer once you've had a chance to try it.  ๐Ÿ™‚

First use on the Kaja today @mrsmouse ! It went on easily enough, no pilling, smoothed out my skin a touch. Weโ€™ll see on longevity after work!

I can't wait to hear the results @missjeanie .  Longevity is so key with primers.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I have had it on for about 13 hours now @mrsmouse .  I wasn't wearing foundation today, but tinted sunscreen, then concealer in the middle of my face.  I'd say that the concealer wore away a little more evenly than it does with no primer at all.  And even in todays muggy heat, it didn't breakdown at all when I was getting a bit sweaty.  I'm going to keep testing for the next bit before I decide, but first impressions are that it's better than wearing nothing, but still doesn't compare to a snapchat filter lol. 

@missjeanie What tinted sunscreen did/do you use?

@ShortErica I use the Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light

I find it gives me a little bit of coverage, and I enjoy that it never runs into my eyes no matter how sweaty Iโ€™m getting. Iโ€™ll go in with a bit of concealer wherever else I need (usually under my eyes , thank you genetics, and two sun spots I have). Do you have a favourite?

@missjeanie I've been using Nivea Sun Protect Super Water Gel SPF 50/PA+++ as my daily sunscreen. It is not tinted but very cosmetically pleasing, though gives a little shine, but works well on its own or under makeup in general. It does have high alcohol which I kinda want to avoid. Looks like the Clarins has it too.

As for tinted, I am using the Australian Gold Botanical SPF 50 Tinted Face Lotion. Last year it was much too dark for me and I couldn't pull it off. So I started using it for sports since I look a mess outside anyway. Well eventually my husband commented how my face looked even and so I bought another one. Then I felt it looked dark again. I've bought a 3rd one since it works quite well for sports (somewhat waterproof and good protection) though a pain to remove. The consistency seems smoother and slightly lighter than the other 2. I still have some left from the 2nd tube I need to cut open. I'm curious to compare swatches. But because of the tint being a bit much I've stuck to using it for sports vs. every day.

Quite a bit of info, but that's where I'm at. The Nivea is a good price and applies well but I worry about the high alcohol content. But going a mineral sunscreen route with a tinted option, I've had poor luck with most ones being dark or having other issues.

@ShortErica I find the tint on the Clarins is a bit dark for me as well, but if I bronze my neck I can make it work.  I just picked up a Dr. Jart Ceramidin day tint tonight from TJ's, but it's only an SPF 15.  I usually like a 40 or higher for my face daily.  I'll need to be wearing an untainted under this one. It's so hard to find a good face sunscreen that doesn't run when you're getting sweaty, let a lone a tinted one.  I bought a tinted SPF 30 from Hawaiian Tropic last year and it had no real tint to it at all.  I wonder if I could get away with your Australian Gold, looking at photos online I'd wager I'm a shade three darker than you are.  I might take a peek next time I'm at the drug store. 

And I love chatting SPF, so long is fine by me! lol

@missjeanie I saw some of the Dr. Jart at the store too. I considered it but tried to be good. I bought some nightgowns instead since I think I'm a bit past my short style PJ bottoms from high school/college. I remember wearing nightgowns as a kid and considering I mainly wear dresses at work, it seems more me. I'll be curious how the Dr. Jart works for you and what you pair it with. Let me know how it goes.

Such luxe finds, @missjeanie ! Those shoes are so adorable too ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™m so excited! Iโ€™m hoping Iโ€™ll start seeing more higher end more often @scott1201 !

Awesome finds @missjeanie

Thanks @faeriegirl !! ๐Ÿ’„

Such amazing finds @missjeanie! ๐Ÿฅฐ Those lippies are so pretty! Youโ€™ll look smashing in them! ๐Ÿ’—

@itsfi @I ended up passing the MUFE along to a co-worker who mentioned to me last night that she wanted to try wearing some glosses.  The other three are so exciting to me. Luxury at winner prices and they were in sealed boxes! 

@missjeanie, Iโ€™m so excited for you too! ๐Ÿ’—

Itโ€™s a victory if you can find products in sealed boxes or untouched. The last few times Iโ€™ve been in a TJ Maxx or Marshalls, the cashier asked me if I had opened the product to make sure it was okay, and if not, if I wanted to. 

That is very sweet and thoughtful of you to pass along the MUFE gloss to your coworker. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@missjeanie What awesome finds! I am also loving those sandles! So cute ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,
Rebecca

Theyโ€™re so comfy @RebeccaBT ! I might need to look for a pair in black!

What amazing finds @missjeanie !

Thanks @emaisgr8 ! Iโ€™m so pumped! 

@missjeanie  you found tom ford! Amazing! Enjoy.

testing