Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Okay, I have a question for those of you who also shop at Marshalls/TJ Maxx etc, how do you feel about buying things that aren't in the hard plastic containers?  Most of the items I purchase from those stores are in the containers, but I have made purchases of things out of the containers if they are sealed.  I am a bit skeptical to purchase some things (particularly lip gloss) if I can't tell if it has been used.  I see so many boxes that have very obviously been opened and have actually one time witnessed some kids sticking their fingers in stuff (yes, I did say something).  I see things I want to purchase all the time, but just can't pull the trigger on it if I am not totally sure it hasn't been used.  What are your thoughts?

@mrsmouse Even if they're in the security "thingies" I ha...

@mrsmouse Even if they're in the security "thingies" I have them check before I buy-to make sure it's not broken. (even if I'm buying at ulta or Sephora I look to see if it's been messed with) Palettes I check to make sure they ain't swatched/broken. Skincare-i see if they're seals are broken. masks, I count to see if there are some missing/open. lip glosses are tricky but usually you can tell by the box. lipsticks I check to see if they've been used. My Tjmaxx/marshalls don't even use those security things . they should but dont. & I see alot go to waste....😢

Re: @mrsmouse Even if they're in the security "thingies" I ha...

@sonnydee, Yeah, I see a lot that go to waste too!  It's kinda sad.  😞

things that arent sealed arent 100% deal breakers, but I usually pass on glosses and mascaras. I think for powder products or a lot of beauty products, you can tell if theyve been swatched or tampered with. If I'm not 100% sure it hasn't been swatched, I generally leave it. Brushes, I've  purchased on clearance where it likely was touched and I just wash with brush cleaner at home! Skincare, if not sealed, especially creams that come in a pot, I generally pass on too!

My Marshalls/TJMaxx rarely ever put things in the hard plastic containers (I think I've seen one makeup product in all of my time shopping there that was in the hard plastic). What I do is I check the box to see if it isn't too terribly damaged and then I open the product and check to see if it hasn't been swatched. As for lip gloss/liquid lipstick, I check the packaging to see if it's 100% brand new (and sometimes I'm lucky and it is so it's usually not tampered with). If the box doesn't seem brand new like what you would typically find at Sephora/Ulta, then I open up the lip product without taking out the applicator completely. I check to see if the stopper has product. If it doesn't then it's good. I avoid buying skincare just because I have no idea from when it's from really and then I don't buy mascara or liquid eyeliner from there either. It's just hard to tell if someone used it or not.

@Starburst24, That's a great idea to check the stopper like that!  

I just go there for the sheet masks, and they are always sealed, @mrsmouse. I have picked a couple of skin care items but one was shrink-wrapped and the other was boxed and had just arrived and wasn’t going to pique anyone else’s interest lol. 

I typically avoid things that aren't definitely sealed, like if there's an unbroken plastic wrap to tell me no one has messed with it. The exception was when I found my discontinued UD foundation at Nordstrom rack. It was clear that the boxes had been opened. In fact, the color I wanted was swapped with another color. So when I got it home, I gave it a good wipe with some rubbing alcohol to sanitize.

Not really sure where to post this, but I guess this thread is the best fit. I wandered over to the mall today (which I never ever do anymore) and went to Macy's. I have no idea how long they have had it, but my store now has a good size chunk of the store (maybe a third or a quarter of one floor) devoted to a "Back Stage Outlet" section...it's like a mini Marshalls or TJMaxx, complete with random beauty and skincare. I didn't spend long, and didn't see any of the nicest stuff you might find elsewhere, but there were full size displays of ELF and Neutrogena, and lots of Creme Shop, Hempz, hair color (Loreal iirc?), OPI, Essie, Cala brushes, and several of the same "off-brand" items I see out and about at the other discount stores...stuff I wouldn't normally think Macy's would have. Plus clothing and home goods and shoes and accessories, of course. One of these days I'll have to go check it out a little more, but I was on a mission tonight and couldn't hang around 😁

@RGbrown My local Macy's recently renovated & the entire top floor is a Backstage now, I was wondering what was up there lol. I'll have to check it out, thanks!

There's a Macy's Backstage store in a mall in Queens in NYC. I shop there sometimes.

Anonymous Insider

RE: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Sorry, guys, I know a lot of you will be jealous, but I am just dying to brag about my tj maxx haul... Unbelievable!!!! All about 60% off!!! Merry Christmas to me :)))

Re: RE: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

@Anonymous Wow!  Those are really great finds!!  🙂

Amazing haul!! I need to get myself over there! 😄

Merry Christmas indeed!!!!! I LOVE it!!! 

Nice haul! That PowerMud is one of my favorite things out there. I should go check my TJs... 🤔🤔🤔

Amazing! I love seeing these hauls! 

Is that a Kevyn Aucoin brush I spy, @Anonymous? So soft!!!!

RE: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Totally regretting not buying the ABH DREAM palette when I saw it randomly in stock at TJM

Mini haul from Marshalls! I was intrigued by the Korres I never tried it before and at that price I thought why not. Couldn't resist the rose gold tweezer. I found some Creme Shop razors, my Marshalls never carry that brand, hope they will sell some masks soon 😊 And the Sand&Fog candle smells delicious, will keep it for summertime. marshall haul nov18.jpeg

RE: Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

That brush looks awesome! And I love Tweezerman Tweezers! When you can find them there it’s such a good deal, they’re my favourite brand of tweezers for sure
7 Replies
testing