Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need Smiley Wink

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

What great finds!  I think this thread was made for you @Shosh85Unidentified😃!

Forgive the 'unidentified ' error.  I've become exhausted of trying to clean it up in my posts....

Haha! Thank you so much, @RachFace2921!! 🤗

Great finds @Shosh85!  Your TJ Maxx needs to be on the list of visitor attractions for your city - I'd go to visit your TJ Maxx!  LOL!  Smiley Happy  So many great items there!

My latest finds.

MARCHALLS:

4 Karuna masks

Boscia Sake Treatment Water

Lancome Macaroon Blushes and Sponges - it didn’t have a price so I asked at the register and they said $6.99?!?!!!!

TJ MAXX:

Boscia Cleansing Water

Esfosio Sheet masks - never tried this brand hopefully they’ll be good but I had to buy, it was such a steal for 10 masks 168E6C79-D8A8-47AC-B911-85334FCD8D2C.jpeg

Great finds, @katkapivarci!! I’ve been curious about the Esfosio sheet masks! My TJ Maxx has a bunch of these too– I’ve been super interested in getting the Pearl and Honey ones! 👌

$7 for the Lancome macarons?!?!?! That's incredible! Nice finds, @katkapivarci!

You scored some great deals on some fab items!  Enjoy all your new goodies, @katkapivarci!

@katkapivarci  The Lancôme macaron blushes were only $6.99?!?? Whaaaa 😱😱😱 that’s such a good deal!!! Hope you love them!!

Lots of PTR and Makeup erasers at the Maxx yesterday. I bought a package of fusion Creme Shop masks and a dress I didn’t need 🙃 When I went to checkout, the cashier literally said what is on the picture above, “did you find everything you were looking for?” And I really wanted to reply with, “first of all, I wasn’t looking for any of this” hah!

909A5DD7-C812-440E-A61E-8A2BD4567D27.jpeg9FAB48E9-81F5-4F3E-81E7-1F0C909D697E.jpeg0F310AD2-07C2-4EC2-B357-AF6BED305E81.jpeg571F7D5B-E9A1-4BF5-AB3A-40F6F393C11E.jpeg

I want that Eve Lom! @scott1201

The cashier asked me the same thing when I went recently and I didn’t say that exact line, but I did say, “I really wasn’t looking for anything”– still made me giggle a little! It made the cashier giggle a little too! 😂

@scott1201 

Ha! I’ll be brave enough next time 😉 @Shosh85

That's always my reply as well

Nice finds @scott1201! I would have a hard time resisting that PTR mask! 😍

If they had the pumpkin mask it would’ve been in my cart STAT, @bakeamuffin 🎃

Oh wow these stores are really upping there game @scott1201! I'm vary of how old some of the products are, especially with skincare? Does anyone check or had a bad experience before?

@Aaliaa@scott1201@bakeamuffin

Any skincare item should have a lot code; while you may not be able to decipher it on your own, checkcosmetic dot net is a good resource for how to read many manufacturers' codes to get a date of manufacture. If they don't have that particular brand, you can always contact the manufacturer with the code for more info. Smiley Happy

I've tried that @RGbrown. How accurate have you found the website though? Its a great idea though, I need to remember to use it more especially while at stores like Winners. Thanks!

@AaliaaUnidentified

I've never actually contacted a company to verify a lot code I've deciphered on checkcosmetic, so I can't really answer the accuracy question. I'd assume they are, but I suppose I can't really say for sure.

They don't have everyone; algenist and Juice Beauty are two I can think of right off the bat. And philosophy uses a 4 digit code that checkcosmetic claims is invalid (my guess here is that philosophy used to use a different format, but then swapped to the 4 digit codes (perhaps when Coty bought them?) and they haven't updated the site. In any case, philosophy is easy to decipher on your own...the first number is the year of manufacture and the last three are the day of the year. 7113 for example would be the 113th day, or mid-April, of 2017.)

Once you start paying attention to lot codes, you'll probably be able to pick up at least a tidbit of info for many, even without checking it out fully. The year will usually be the quickest and easiest to locate, and anyone using a format like philosophy will be especially easy to figure out 😊 Some makers make it much more difficult though, where letters are used instead of numbers, or the numbers just don't seem to line up with anything that makes sense without knowing the key. 

Great tip @RGbrown! Thanks 😄

Great point, @Aaliaa. I always check sheet masks but I’m not sure if I know where to check on other skincare. Is it on the box typically?

2 Replies