Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Oh wow these stores are really upping there game @scott1201! I'm vary of how old some of the products are, especially with skincare? Does anyone check or had a bad experience before?

@Aaliaa@scott1201@bakeamuffin

Any skincare item should have a lot code; while you may not be able to decipher it on your own, checkcosmetic dot net is a good resource for how to read many manufacturers' codes to get a date of manufacture. If they don't have that particular brand, you can always contact the manufacturer with the code for more info. 🙂

I've tried that @RGbrown. How accurate have you found the website though? Its a great idea though, I need to remember to use it more especially while at stores like Winners. Thanks!

@AaliaaUnidentified

I've never actually contacted a company to verify a lot code I've deciphered on checkcosmetic, so I can't really answer the accuracy question. I'd assume they are, but I suppose I can't really say for sure.

They don't have everyone; algenist and Juice Beauty are two I can think of right off the bat. And philosophy uses a 4 digit code that checkcosmetic claims is invalid (my guess here is that philosophy used to use a different format, but then swapped to the 4 digit codes (perhaps when Coty bought them?) and they haven't updated the site. In any case, philosophy is easy to decipher on your own...the first number is the year of manufacture and the last three are the day of the year. 7113 for example would be the 113th day, or mid-April, of 2017.)

Once you start paying attention to lot codes, you'll probably be able to pick up at least a tidbit of info for many, even without checking it out fully. The year will usually be the quickest and easiest to locate, and anyone using a format like philosophy will be especially easy to figure out 😊 Some makers make it much more difficult though, where letters are used instead of numbers, or the numbers just don't seem to line up with anything that makes sense without knowing the key. 

Great tip @RGbrown! Thanks 😄

Great point, @Aaliaa. I always check sheet masks but I’m not sure if I know where to check on other skincare. Is it on the box typically?

I don't believe so @scott1201. From what I understand skincare never does have expiry dates on them so there is no way of knowing when it was produced and therefore when it should be used by.

The sheet masks I grabbed expire in 2020 according to the boxes, really good point to be aware of that @Aaliaa!

I like that sheet masks have expiry dates on them @bakeamuffin. I wish Skincare and Makeup did too. I know they have a 'use in once opened' but I expect ingredients go bad and deteriorate in their efficacy even when unopened. Thats what I like about a lot of the Korean/Japanese skincare I've bought recently is they have expiry dates on them.

@Aaliaa yes!! I noticed that almost all of the Korean masks @itsfi sent me had either expiration dates on them, or date it was manufactured. I wish it was across the board for skincare and makeup though. 

20180719_100445.jpg

Little TJ Maxx haul. I purposely skipped the makeup section because I get too easily sucked in, haha! 😂😬

Thought this would be a fun foot mask to try out! - I’ve been curious to try the Boscia Baby Foot one, but always hesitant forking over the $20 for it, haha! 🤪  😜😉EC63D677-3A77-4111-8D15-ACD04A6BD8B0.jpeg

The Blueberry Soap (smells soo good 😋) and the 5 pack Azure Eye Masks were both $3 each. The Creme Shop 5 pack was $4.99 and the 2 pair of Foot Masks were $3.99

I saw that you got the rose water masks and I had to go back and grab a box to try too 😂 Monkey see monkey do 🐒 I hope the foot mask works well 😄 I bet that blueberry soap smells really yummy 😍😄 Enjoy everything @Shosh85 😄

@bakeamuffin I really liked the rose one! 🌹 I’ll be interested to hear what you think! 👍

The Blueberry soap smells delicious! – I actually buy all my bath soap at TJ Maxx now! There is just so much variety and such good prices!

Great finds @Shosh85! You got them all at such a deal! 👏🏻

Thanks, @itsfi! I think I’m most excited for the blueberry soap! 🤗

I went to Winners in Calgary this morning and was really happy with the selection!! They had Creme shop masks, high end perfumes, Impressions vanity mirrors, KVD, Armani, ABH, Milk, and more (photosnin comments)! I’ll have to go back more regularly because they had some good stuff 😄🛍 Today I grabbed the Touch XL & touch up makeup mirror set it’s originally $78 USD and was marked down from $45cad to $30 so I couldn’t resist! I also got a couple of face mask sets for $7.993B1685E9-C901-4EC9-AE2B-C60A0A9ADA4F.jpeg

204C6E32-4B3A-4A8C-8F78-D544CCF1C384.jpeg

@bakeamuffin That raspberry one is a good one! Glad you were able to score some deals! 🙌

Great finds, @bakeamuffin! I need to find out what day is truck day at my local store so i can find some goodies like this 🙂 

9A29DB10-5A47-413D-B619-4B158A08DCAF.jpeg

A9E12F32-35B2-4944-BE4A-2D4BDE326EC7.jpeg

7EA6CCCC-1728-4A2B-8825-F021DBEE96FE.jpeg

0A56D420-BC81-4536-84A1-1CEDAB903D92.jpeg

0710701C-F0BD-46BE-B0D0-A941E14D9607.jpeg

2EBE6AAC-9256-4C24-B9D4-9FAD7A37366E.jpeg

People are savagePeople are savage

90C43008-7F8F-46CF-B8DD-7603826CF454.jpeg

BA4B3CE7-32EC-4C22-9018-18903975C20C.jpeg

B151B6C6-D3AF-4DD1-A63A-CF1426C41063.jpeg

@bakeamuffin

Nice! 👀 Looks like your store has some awesome products in stock! I’m happy you were able to find some Creme Shop Masks! 👍

9 Replies
testing