Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora’s Pick Three Samples

Does anyone ever receive what they picked? My order says the samples I chose were shipped, but I received three completely different samples. This happens with every single order I place. What’s the point of telling me I can choose three and place those items in my order list as shipped if Sephora is just going to throw whatever they want in there anyway!!!

Re: Sephora’s Pick Three Samples

I was looking for a thread like this! I rarely get the samples I pick (1 in 10), which is a shame because the only reason for picking our own samples is to try and decide whether to buy. By not letting customers try what they want Sephora is missing out on future profits. Makes no sense.

#sephoragiveuswhatweask

Hi @FinaMae,

I'm so sorry about that! Please note, substitutions will be made for out of stock samples. I understand this may be disappointing and I apologize we weren't able to send the ones that you originally selected at checkout!

Always,
Danee

I almost never get what I chose.  I was wondering if it related to the amount I spend.  If you spend a lot of $, are you more likely to get the samples you chose?

@Costcolover I can tell you that it is not true if you spend more you will likely get the samples you choose.  I spend a lot at Sephora especially online and most of the time I do not get the samples I choose at checkout but I am okay with it.

Same here. I rarely get the samples I selected. It's frustrating because I get excited about the sample(s) I choose only to be disappointed when its something else instead. They should just forego letting us choose because it gets our hopes up.

@Havenly007 I think I come out to about 50/50 although I too sometimes get excited about my selections. Sometimes I get both my picks, sometimes just one and in the rare case: nothing at all!  

but I will say that I found one of my favorite perfumes from a sample that I didn’t select so sometimes their alternative is a really nice surprise.

RE: Sephora’s Pick Three Samples

Nope-never. ☹️

I never get what I pick 😞 thought it was just me

Nope!  Only rarely do I receive what I requested.

I didn’t get any of the samples that I requested.

I feel like in Canada we get the same 8 samples to choose...

I feel like in Canada we get the same 8 samples to choose from ALL THE TIME. They just cycle them over and over..there is nothing ever new.

Sometimes It pushes me to order something to receive some samples I've been eyeing...and then I don't receive any that I've selected. Soooo frustrating!!

I do normally but if it's during either VIB sales or December, then I can forget it because I never do.

I was just complaining about this! I have a lot of allergies so I like being able to choose my samples, yet when they come 2 out of 3 aren’t what I chose.

I talked to a salesperson in the store the last time I was in and was told to just order full size of whatever you want to try if it doesn’t come as a sample and just return it if you don’t like it. Seems like a waste but I guess that’s what they’re encouraging now.

I always get the samples I choose, until as of recent. They gave me samples, that weren't even on the list to pick from. Kind of annoyed, cause I was really looking forward to trying the samples I picked out too.

RE: Re: Sephora’s Pick Three Samples

I just had this problem with an order I placed I didn't receive one sample I requested and I'm allergic to one of the sample products they sent me

I was just thinking the same thing- why do they bother letting you choose 3 when you get sent some random assortment anyway. It’s so frustrating to get samples of products I can do nothing with (such as men’s fragrances!) I like the way Ulta does it- you can choose to receive a selection of skin care or fragrances- and they send you a random selection but at least it’s kind of what you’d be interested in trying. 🙄

Happens to me too.

For the first time in months I received the samples I req...

For the first time in months I received the samples I requested. My order took a week to get to me but that is another story.
Conversation Stats
testing