cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

School Fundraising Beauty Bags. Need Feed Back Please

Hi Everyone,

I have a LOT of deluxe size samples and regular samples.  Me and my daughters are thinking of dividing them up into beauty bags to sell for their school to raise money.  Our school's van got broken into and somebody stole the catalytic convertor.  So here's where I need feed back.  I want to make a 5.00 bag and 10.00 bag. Each bag will include a skincare, makeup, hair, and scent sample. 

5 dollar bags will include at least one deluxe sample and at least 2 of each regular sample to try the product and a sheet mask. For a 10.00 bag I will include all deluxe size samples and some full sizes. Example bags pictured below.

My question is if you guys think there is enough value above the 5 and 10 dollar mark to charge for the bags? (I want people to get a bit more for their 5 and 10 bucks) Let me know if you think I'm putting in too much especially on the 10.00 one.  Just wanna' put my beauty perks towards a good cause.  Also, I'm putting them in pretty organza bags for the holidays.  Thanks for the help.

5.00 bag5.00 bag

10.00 bag10.00 bag

Re: School Fundraising Beauty Bags. Need Feed Back Please

Ohhhh, I love this idea! And for such a good cause! I do feel like a bag with a full sized item can go for at least $15 though and still sell well!

I thought of that too but, I wasn't sure if having 3 options is simple enough.  Just because, we'll be going door to door as well as selling other places. I figured people are more able and open to spending just 10.00 than going any higher for a fundraiser. However, I'm torn because I can give full sizes for brands like smashbox, Laura Gellar, Tarte, etc. and I know their value.

Maybe offer 3 types with the last coming with a full product and less samples for 10.00? Any further thoughts? 

hmmm i love the idea of putting a value on the bags but I...

hmmm i love the idea of putting a value on the bags but I'm not sure how to determine it. any ideas?

RE: hmmm i love the idea of putting a value on the bags but I...

Look up the price of a full size item and downgrade the sample size price from there. P=price X=Size (P1/X1) x X2 = P2 (price of sample) Hope that helps!

Re: RE: hmmm i love the idea of putting a value on the bags but I...

I thought of that too lol. I guess we're doing a lot of math for these. At least this will be good for my daughters' brains and for a good cause.

Thats a great Idea. Since it is for charity, I think a bag with full size items could go for $15 quite easily. I know this could be a lot of work on your part, but maybe try to equal out the value for each priced bag. So for example $5 bag is with $20 etc etc. Good Luck!

Great idea. Good job

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 5.00 bag
  • 10.00 bag
testing