Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Product filter suggestions

Just a small suggestion/idea... It would be awesome if Sephora included an "alcohol-free" option when filtering products. I'm picking with what I use and try to avoid alcohol in my products because it doesn't work with my skin and dries out my hair. 🙂

@KatieBT @TeamBIC @StephanieBT 

Re: Product filter suggestions

Hi @all,

Thank you so much for these great suggestions! I think these are amazing. I will forward these ideas to the appropriate Team for review and consideration. Thank you!

Best,
Rebecca

@mmmiu This is a great idea! I will forward this feedback to the appropriate Team for review and consideration. Thank you!

Best,
Rebecca 

@RebeccaBT I would love a cruelty free filter

I don't know why (aside from spamageddon) this doesn't have a ton of hearts! I'm constantly going to 'filter results' and looking for alcohol-free, because I keep forgetting they don't have it, because having it makes so much natural sense! Like that has to be one of the top things everyone recommends you avoid.

I agree @mmmiu  I would like to see that filter. It would have been interesting if that was included in the clean by sephora as well

Product filter suggestions

"Alcohol free" would be nice. "Nut free" would also be life-critically nice!

@EsinaJ  I'm guessing they avoid not sorting for things like that in part because of the liability. If someone relied on that and either sephora made a mistake or the brand listed the ingredients wrong, I could see that being a liability issue they don't want to deal with. 

I can see that concern from the reseller POV. It was read...

I can see that concern from the reseller POV. It was reading "Paraben free" in Sephora's filter that made me think it wasn't Sephora scanning the ingredients but companies volunteering the info. It seems like the product manufacturer's responsibiilty to note ingredients of concern to consumers. The retailer is simply who makes those companies aware of what's of concern. -- Whatever manner Sephora's getting the assertion that something's "paraben free, silicone free, sulfate free," they could just as well get info on other problem ingredients - nuts, soy, known topical allergens. With the same user-beware liability holding for all products. Maybe Sephora hasn't thought to do that. I'm voicing that it's something to consider. 😉
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing