Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming soon, and the catalog is available now! Early access for card holders starts July 12, and then everyone else can shop July 19th. I feel like there is always more than the catalog shows, so if you see a sneak peek of something, feel free to share it (even if it's not beauty related)! So what's everyone getting?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.38.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.43.01 PM.png
Please excuse my blurry screenshots, lol. 

Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

diptyque.PNGdiptyque2.PNG

Was this part of the original batch of beauty exclusives?  Anyways I didn't notice it until the other day.  When I saw the mini perfumes were spray pens not rollerballs I snapped it up right away! That's probably it for me this time around.  Is it just me or was it less fun this year?

@drrragon  Yeah, this year’s sale had lackluster beauty deals compared to previous years’ sales. I bought a couple of small brush sets, plus one full price brush. I did buy some clothes but not much. I didn’t even use one of my personal double points days during this year’s sale. I can’t really complain though: more money to spend during the annual holiday party! 🙂 

@WinglessOne @suzyo you're so right, hooray for money saved!  now i can divert funds to those intriguing sephora lipsticks that temptalia keeps grading with A's!  Heart

complaining about beauty exclusives = exclusively first world problem 😄

@drrragon  I remember seeing this set when the sale started for cardholders, glad you could get it 🙂 I'm not interested in anything this year, which is such a bummer 😞 Oh well, money saved I guess!

@suzyo i think everyone feels the same way.  Most if not all the stuffs are still there.  Last year, lots of things was sold out within couple days during early access. 😉

I’ve been to the store and have some swatch arms and thoughts to share!

I had no intention of buying the Nars set off of photos I had seen. Swatched though, three are uniquely more cool toned than I usually see in sets. The colors are just my preference for fall!

Nars Naked Paradise Satin Lip SetNars Naked Paradise Satin Lip Set

Sorry this photo is in bad lighting, the colors are a bit warmer than they appear here. The formulas are lovely, but the savings on the Dior wasn’t enough for me. And the Hit color, which I think is exclusive, is very similar to Marc Jacobs Role Play. The YSL Set is a good value, but the colors look pretty dupeable to me.

YSL Nude Lip Trio and Dior Addicted to Glow Deep Glow SetYSL Nude Lip Trio and Dior Addicted to Glow Deep Glow Set

Charlotte Tilbury Easy Portable Pocket Sized Smokey Eye PaletteCharlotte Tilbury Easy Portable Pocket Sized Smokey Eye Palette

This Charlotte Tilbury felt so nice to swatch, really buttery and smooth. The pinky nude and brown colors appear way too warm and orange on me. This happens with most warm colors on my skin tone, but not always this drastically. I swear, this does not look like a burnt orange palette in person! It looks very pretty!

@playingdressup Thanks for sharing. I had my eyes on this palette because it seemed pinky/nude in its colors. Swatches seem way too warm for me.

I don't think I'll pick up any items from the anniversary sale this year.

@playingdressup Love the swatches! Thank you for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Anyone snag any goodies yet?!?  Inquiring minds want to know! 😄

FYI Temptalia has more items listed on her blog, along with links to the products!

Here are a few of the BB sale goodies. So pretty. Pretty Pout and Instant Glow sets. (And some treats from today also).

( that I didn’t eat yet lol ) I don’t feel like a ton of very good makeup offerings not to be Debbie Downer. lol. But some. Money saved for fall stuff maybe! Some good skincare tools and hair. Will cross post on BB. 

@TraceyEB

@TraceyEB

@TraceyEB

@TraceyEB

@TraceyEB , @Ispend2much6 

Pics apparently didn’t post yet they did st first. Try again here. Pretty Pout and Instant GlowPretty Pout and Instant Glow

379AC662-B285-4863-B79C-FCF0506CF127.jpeg

Pretty Pout set, Instant Glow Top to BottomPretty Pout set, Instant Glow Top to Bottom

Goodies from my storeGoodies from my store

@Sunnysmom I'm so jealous that you already be able to get these sets already 😉 What shade is the highlighter? Everything looks so pretty!!!  Hopefully by the time the sales is open to the public, TF Soleil oil set is still there.  If not, no biggie since my current set from Sephora is still almost new.  🙂

Oh the dubious joys of Nordies spending @blackkitty2014 ugg. lol. It’s called Pink Gold Glow I think it was , so apparently a new or LE one? It’s super pretty and quite unique I think. I hope they have lots of backup too as it’s a long sale and that isn’t fair if not. Always bugs me. Same with clothing. I don’t always want to use a darn Nordies charge. 😡lol. 

Thx you @Sunnysmom !!! I think i have Pink Glow and yes it is very pretty.  I need to use it again 😉

I love Pink Glow too @blackkitty2014 . This actually is Pink Gold Glow and its a little different and a new one. 🥰

@Sunnysmom, thanks for the tag and gorgeous swatches. Both sets are my list!

Yes @TraceyEB I see them as definite musts for you! Probably the larger set also tho it wasn’t for me. Wanted to love more but I just didn’t! ( I did pick up a beautiful new CDPeau lip matte however! 🙄). 

@Sunnysmom, love that you bought a separate lipstick. The temptations of seeing things in person. The Essentials palette will come to the CCO eventually, so not a "must." Lots of launches/restocks happening this month, so re-prioritizing on a daily basis.

Absolutely true @TraceyEB great advice! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos49
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.38.54 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.42.44 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.43.01 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.42.25 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.41.56 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.42.55 PM.png
  • 1.PNG