Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Lunar New Year Lucky Red Pocket ($88 to get $888???)

I can't believe the high price tag ($88) of a lottery ticket to potentially win $888 to spend at Sephora. The chance of winning this grand prize is 1 in 200,000! If not enough people buy things over $88, maybe that lucky red pocket will never get drawn/given out. Then thereare Coupon Prizes, which is $88 off $100 on next purchase, has 1 in 2000 chance, which really means 200 such red pockets exist amongst the total 200,000 red pockets. Who's thinking to get a lucky red pocket?

Re: Lunar New Year Lucky Red Pocket ($88 to get $888???)

I was going to, but like you, when I thought about my odds it really isn’t worth it. I’ll save my basket for the 15% off I spent 1,000 points on. 

I qualified for it today in store and was surprised that there was a $8 off your next $30 purchase offer. I wasn’t expecting to win the $88 or $888, so $8 was a surprise (better than nothing). But I agree last years promo was way better! 

RE: Lunar New Year Lucky Red Pocket ($88 to get $888???)

LOL. Last year’s Lunar New Year GWP (big box of deluxe samples) was a much better promotion. I was actually looking forward to the promo for this year...only to find that I’d have to spend $88 for a 1 in 2000 or 1 in 200,000 CHANCE to win any dollar amount off a purchase....

Re: RE: Lunar New Year Lucky Red Pocket ($88 to get $888???)

Right? Last year’s promo was WAY better!!!

This thing is a joke. Why can't they at least offer like free points so people at least get something? At this rate you might as well use 3 $25 GWP code instead of this.

I am so glad somebody else thinks and feels the same way as I do! The best part is that they said that to enter is "free" which is a super lie because you need to buy stuff to enter and if you do happen to win, you need to buy more stuff!! Isn't it super ridiculous? I am Chinese so I actually celebrate the lunar new year. If they actually want to celebrate with us, they should actually offer a promo code discount, or an immediate win, not a 1 in 2000 chance to possibly get $88 your $100 purchase. I am personally offended that I have to spend $88 to enter (super high!), it is like they are using this as an opportunity to take more money from us. I hope Sephora knows what celebrating the new year is all about. We actually receive red pockets and not pay to receive a chance to win some money. If they want to do this right they should automatically include a red pocket for everyone (no purchase limit). I'm a rouge, I buy products all the time and I am definitely not buying this time!

I'm a rogue too and I feel this promo is such a scam I already spend so much money at Sephora and I have to spend $88 to have a chance to win and the chances are so ridiculous I might as well play 649 or buy a scratch ticket I'd have better odds! The other promotion I hate is spend $50 now and get 15% or 20% off later and when you use that promotion you can't use any of the other promos and I think that doesn't make sense because you basically "bought" that promotion to use on your future purchase but it counts as your promo so you can't get a free sample. I have mentioned this to Sephora employees and Sephora comments a few times because I think it's unfair but nothing has been done more people need to complain if you are a Vib or Rouge you already spend so much money give us some better Rewards

You actually can get an envelope without a purchase. BUT, you have to jump through a ridiculous number of hoops. By the time you complete all the convoluted steps to get an envelope free it will be a new Lunar New Year!!!

@shirleytran, Exactly how I feel! I don't like how Sephora is twisting the symbolism of the lucky envelopes. If they want to offer a weak promo that's fine but don't opportunistically use an element of Chinese culture (edit: in a promotion) that actually has nothing to do with Chinese culture.

Yess!!! If they want to create a promotion around red envelopes, please get it right. Otherwise just don't do anything. No one will be mad or offended. 

So true! This just looks like another trick to get more m...

So true! This just looks like another trick to get more money from us!Promo codes would have worked way better, be it small discounts or gifts with purchase. Even if purchase is necessary to get a red pocket, the entrance shouldn't be set so high at $88! This is outrageous and beyond ridiculous! I remember last year Sephora gave out a box of goodies, albeit also at a high entrance of $88, but at least you are guaranteed to get something. I'm in general not liking lottery-type promotions. Might as well buy a whole bunch of real lottery tickets to potentially win millions!

RE: So true! This just looks like another trick to get more m...

Exactly- what’s what the sudden lottery-like promotions? For example, you can spend 25 BI points on a lottery to *possibly* win I think an x amount off your purchase. Who is brought this lame idea to marketing anyway.

Re: So true! This just looks like another trick to get more m...

Agree!!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 46 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing