Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Holiday Hooray Shopping Strategy: Let's Enable Each Other!

Holiday_Hooray_Image.jpg

Holiday Hooray is here so it’s time to make some shopping decisions! If you’re a Rouge (like me!) you get $25 off a $75 purchase, VIBs get $20 off, and Insiders get $15 off a purchase of $75 or more. It's practically free money 😄 All Beauty Insiders have until Tuesday, 12/17, to decide which beauty product (or products) we simply cannot live without, so let’s get cracking on our shopping strategy! Are you spending it all on one must-have product or building a basket of beauty goodness? 

Tell us your game plan for Holiday Hooray! Comment below to share your tips or to ask for advice!  

Tags:

Re: Holiday Hooray Shopping Strategy: Let's Enable Each Other!

Help! I picked up the Drybar The Double Shot Blow-Dryer Brush for my mom as part of a Christmas gift. Today she mentioned she was in the market for a new blow dryer sooooo my question is: is it weird to get her both the blowout tool (that has a built-in blow dryer) and a blow dryer? And if not, should I pick up:

DRYBAR - Pre-Party Pack Buttercup Blow Dryer Kit

amika The Accomplice Hair Dryer

DEVACURL - DEVADRYER™ & DEVAFUSER™ Dryer & Diffuser Combo For All Curl Kind

(open to any Other suggestions! I probably would also pick up the diffuser attachment too. For reference she has fine, color treated, curly hair that hits just above the ahoulder)

@cianni 

Drybar The Double Shot Blow-Dryer Brush

look at items like that as more of a finishing tool. It would be very damaging to take the hair from wet to completely dry using this; hair is most fragile when it’s wet and you should really avoid brushing it until 80% dry. There could be a use for both. 

Oh good grief @GG84 I use my similar tool on wet hair all the time🤦🏻‍♀️ Thank you for the lesson! 

@GG84 Thank you!! I always appreciate your professional input on these things. I’ll pick up a blow dryer too and be sure to tell my mom to avoid using the Double Shot on fully wet hair

@cianni  I don’t think it would be weird to get both. I haven’t tried the Amika or Devacurl but I have the Drybar buttercup and I love it.

@faeriegirl Thank you! It’s gonna be a very @drybar christmas at my house this year 😂

RE: Holiday Hooray Shopping Strategy: Let's Enable Each Other!

RE: Holiday Hooray Shopping Strategy: Let's Enable Each Other!

I’m in the fence about metropolis palette. The colors intriguing me but the sealing is irritating to me. I think I like the blues and greens. Second thought was the PM foundation in the proper shade. Though I know I can adjust the color with mufe chromatic mix. I guess I got the weekend to really find something that I gotta have.

Re: RE: Holiday Hooray Shopping Strategy: Let's Enable Each Other!

@Cyncynn oooh you picked up the Fenty brow product - I am very eager to hear your thoughts! And the Ouai chill pills look incredible - I totally thought they were a daily supplement at a first glance and love that they are bath bombs. @JenAtkin and her team never never cease to amaze me 😄

@KatieBT 

I love ouai - they have the best scents in the hair (and now bath & body) industry for sure! Also, let me use this space to brag that when they were releasing teasers from the Chill Pills I was the first person on instagram to guess (a) what the new product was and (b) what it was going to be named. lol 

My husband often tells me to take a chill pill and I am so glad there's a product with that name now 😄

I like the shade range of the Fenty brow MVP. The brush works great for blending the product, but spoolies work better to tame the brows. If you use a brow gel after it's a non-issue. It is less intense in pigmentation and more 'blendable' than the ABH Brow Wiz.

@Cyncynn Have you tried the OUAI Melrose Place Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL yet? So tempted bc I love the scents of the products!

@eshoe 

I have 2 samples of it and I really, really like it. I think it has a good price point, it lasts on my skin and it smells more 'expensive' than the price tag (if that makes any sense).

It's on my list of "want to buy at some point"(I have more fragrances then sense and just added a few more bottles to the collection, so I am waiting for a good deal before biting the bullet!)

If you like the scent and if you're in the market for a natural deodorant, megababe rosy pits have that same vibe. If you like the scent and want an expensive more niche fragrance you would probably like Le labo rose 31.

@Cyncynn how am I not surprised you were able to guess the product and the name of this?!

That is hilarious - I would use that to my full advantage if I were you.. Every time someone asks me to take a chill pill I will now need to insist they draw me a bath. 

Ahh that's good to know! I also feel like blendability and intensity really depend on how dark I go with the shade. I had a brow product way to dark and would have to brush my brows non-stop to get it to look the way I wanted. Brow gel is my new BFF so I am intrigued and would loooove to see a before and after if you ever feel like snapping a picture mid-brow routine 😄 

Hi everyone! I am still sitting on this purchase and having such a hard time deciding.. I'm looking to spend in the $75-80 range which could be one product or multiple.

I am thinking of something luxe, clean, and vegan like the Hourglass Ghost Palette which is sadly sold out. Also thinking of grabbing the jumbo version of the Reverie Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment 3.33 oz/ 100 mL since it's getting pretty dry and 'tis to season to use all the heat tools!

Another thought is that my skin has been breaking out like crazy and I think it's a combination of the weather getting cold and hormones. Does anyone have any recommendations? I love my PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots and Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Acne Spot Treatment with 10% Sulfur 1 oz so much. I have been switching off between the two but am thinking of stepping it up with a daytime treatment as well. Any recommendations are very much appreciated!!

@KatieBT ❤️

For acne, I’m on a prescription right now but I can only use it at night and it’s SUPER drying so I was on the hunt for a winter and daytime friendly solution. What’s been working for me is the DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster as a spot treatment. Unlike other similar treatments, it doesn’t turn globby (if that makes sense??). Maybe a better word is gelatinous? Mainly it works under makeup haha. I also like the CAUDALIE - Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum. I’ve been loving on Caudalie lately because they’re clean, effective and proceeds from all sales go to planting trees I believe. The Vinopure serum is vegan too ☺️ I have eczema prone skin in the winter and this didn’t irritate me or make me flaky! Plus there’s niaciamide (spellcheck isn’t helping me out here...) so you’ll be extra glowy and bright!

ETA: forgot the hair stuff! I like the Moroccanoil Protect & Prevent Spray 5.4 oz/ 160 mL Because it also works really nicely as a detamgler, but it’s not listed as clean. Which brings me to my next recommendation of the TOGETHER BEAUTY - Whatever Wherever Leave-In Conditioner!! I love that it’s a spray because I have fine hair and a massive problem trying to figure out how much product is too much and often end up overdoing it and my hair is weighed down and greasy. I find a spray is easier for me to get right compared to a creme formula

Hi @KatieBT !

I have terrible hormonal acne and I fight it tooth and nail. I'm doing strong treatments with my aesthetician at the moment and using prescription at night so keeping my routine pretty simple at the moment.

In the past I've used these two products and I really like them. The herbivore lapis oil is great for calming things down, so if your main issue is inflammation I'd go for that. 

The ingredient list says it has Capric Triglycerides (Fractionated Coconut Oil). I have breakout issues with regular coconut oil, but Capric Triglycerides are ok to my skin.

Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

If unclogging pores is your main priority the BHA serum from Inkey can be used as a first serum in many routines. Dr. Dennis gross also has a serum containing SA that could be a good pick (I own it, but haven't used it enough times to be able to speak from experience, but I trust his products.)

The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum

My hair is pretty similar to yours in texture and I am enjoying the Playa hair oil ( I choose it as a GWP on my last Sephora order and I love it) and the Ouai hair oil.

OUAI Hair Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL

PLAYA - Ritual Hair Oil

I don't know if all the brands are vegan, but most are clean. Hope this helps ❤️

(I never heard of Reverie, I'll see if they have it on my local store and ask for a sample!)

I used mine on adding another Tom Ford lipstick to my collection and one pack of Sephora Watermelon wipes.I picked the shade Night Mauve.

TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 16 Scarlet Rouge

Tom Ford lipstick is always a great idea, @Seymore3!

@Seymore3 oh yes a Tom Form lippie is a great choice! And you cannot go wrong with the SC wipes! I'll need to try out the watermelon ones - I'm a big fan of these wipes 🙂  SEPHORA COLLECTION - Exfoilating Wipes - Papaya - Glow 

I'm going to try REN CLEAN SKINCARE Perfect Canvas Clean Primer. Hopefully it makes my Anastasia foundation last a bit longer.

@TCC360 ooh this primer looks great! Let us know what you think!

Also - it looks like you use the product tagging functionality and the tag fell off... Did the product tag somehow fall off/break or did you type out the product the exact way it's showing up currently? 

168 Replies
testing