cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|
Anonymous Insider

Help me decide

Okay so not make up related but I need the guidance of some savvy shoppers. I just got my license and in my state its provisional for 18 months meaning I cannot be caught with my phone at all during that time. I get lost really easy and need gps to help me. There are two options to get the SD card for my Nav system or turn on Andriod Play for my car they cost about the same but since I have neither I don't know which is the better option. It is a couple hundred dollars so I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. If it helps I drive a 2019 Mazda cx3

Re: Help me decide

@Anonymous There's navi built in, correct? If so, get the map update. 18 months or not, never look at your phone driving ...recently out lawed in my state..plus a map update will save you a future headache, if in a phone banned state or distracted driving incidents.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks good point phones are not meant for driving at all. I have to buy the SD card for my Navs to work thats like 200 bucks I think but then it will work

@Anonymous wouldn’t it be cheaper to use a car mount and use the gps on your phone?

@SportyGirly125   - Occasionally, I need a "map" to get to where I'm going and I simply enter my start and end locations into Google Maps on my phone and it recognizes that it is hands-free so it verbally gives the directions  - much safer than looking at a map, though I'll admit sometimes I do pull over to do that if I think Google is lost because of all the construction that never ceases in my city.  @Anonymous  Congrats on your "L."  Definitely second SportyGirly125's suggestion on using a map app on your phone.  Lots of Uber and Lyft drivers put their phone in a holder mounted on their windows or on their dash if they want to glance at the screen but I think most just listen for the directions.  

Anonymous Insider

I have a lcd that is in the middle of my dash raised up so I dont think I could get like a tom tom or something to stay up in the car

RE: Re: Help me decide

@Anonymous They have suction mounts to put it on your window like Uber and Lyft drivers have.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing