Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Help finding unbiased reviews?

I’ve been having a super hard time finding a new body cream. I used to rely heavily on reviews, but the Sephora reviews section is now almost completely useless as it is full of junk “gifted this product in exchange for my honest review” content. I feel like a sucker for wanting to spend actual money on a product when most people appear to be getting it for free. Are these groups a good way to get trustworthy product reviews or is the Junior Influencer Hun Brigade hard at work here too?

Re: Help finding unbiased reviews?

Super late to this post, but check out Dr. Dray on youtube. She is a dermatologist and explains the ingredients in skincare, ect. You might have to search on her page if you're looking for a specific review. She doesn't like fragrance or irritating ingredients....so if her fan base keeps asking for a review of a popular product with harmful or wasteful ingredients, she just tells you straight up. 🙂 

Warning....I have bought way too much by watching her though (she didn't get any $ for it). So maybe promise yourself not to buy until you're certain it's the right thing. I'm having an odd skin issue. Her suggestions helped at first and then it came back and now it won't go away. Her more recent videos she does timestamps so it's super helpful in case you don't want to listen to the more scientific facts, ect. 

You could try Neutragena Hyaluronic acid lotion, and top it with vanicream (if you have sensitive skin). I like the blue regular lotion of ceravae, the cream is too thick for me, but if you are looking for that then it's probably perfect. I think my face is allergic to one of the ceramides in ceravae, so Vanicream is helpful. I also still love Jergens Shea Butter. I don't know of any fancier body lotions though. 

Re: Help finding unbiased reviews?

@sparklepig I mean...theyre still just ppl's opinions, just like all those reviews.  since everyones different and has different tastes, its hard to really take anyone else's word, let alone, a strangers, y'know... also, some ppl here get free stuff too, from sephora, sooooo....its not necessarily unbiased here, just bc reviews dont state "recieved from influenster".

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing