Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Feeling cheated

Shopping in store means no free samples offered and no free gift when ya spend $$. If I order online I have to wait for it to come. Soo lame. My PLAY box was kinda boring this month.

Re: Feeling cheated

Maybe Iโ€™m rare but I much prefer shopping online and it has zero to do with samples. I have 5 or 6 Sephora stores close to me and trying to track down an employee to ask a question is like finding a needle in a haystack. I might as well shop from the comfort of my phone! 

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. There are 4 stores in my city, but I much prefer shopping online because I don't live in one of the super urban cities in Canada so a lot of stuff ends up being online only. Not to mention, I also prefer being left alone to shop in silence. Fortunately, my packages usually arrive to me in 2 business days if shipped from the warehouse in western Canada, 3 if shipped from the warehouse out east.

@nicnac007  You might be feeling this way after a bad experience and that is ok but in general Sephora is pretty good. In-store people are really nice, you can try out things, ask for specific samples that you want to try rather than getting random sample.

Sometimes in-store experience is not good and you get some not so good SA, don't let that deter you from going in again.  I have that happen but 95% of the experience has been really good, be it in store, on phone needing some help or here. 

One thing I agree on that there are no deluxe samples. I never get a deluxe sample in store ๐Ÿ˜ž I don't know why but other than that I have no complaints at all. 

Biggest help is the SAs can show you how to apply eye make-up, blush, lip products, lashes or match foundation or just discuss skincare with you. They call it mini-makeover which are free. They also have classes if you are new and want to learn to do make-up. 

RE: Re: Feeling cheated

I enjoy going to the store. I just remember the first time shopping at Sephora, getting a sample of tart blush. Pretty cool. Now I have to ask for a sample and its put in a container I canโ€™t even manage to get into. Iโ€™d rather not ask. Which means I order online. It it doesnโ€™t match I gotta return it to Sephora. Sooo lame

I know what you mean. I think its to encourage online shopping. 

Its more spendy to hire employees at the store. ๐Ÿค”

I know what you mean. I think its to encourage online shopping. 

Its more spendy to hire employees at the store. ๐Ÿค”

You can get free samples in store. Just ask any store employee to make you samples of whichever products you are interested in trying, @nicnac007.

Yes, I agree samples are way better in store. You can get perfume, skincare and haircare. My SA even gave me a sample of a new lip product in a squeeze tube since she noted I was buying a lot of loud colors and she wanted me to try a nude.

Also Deluxe samples are sometimes given out as gifts in store, ask the staff if they have any with purchase. My JCP usually offers a different deluxe sample with purchase on Saturday. Thereโ€™s a sign at the store showing the gift. 

FYI I prefer to shop in store because online I was purchasing a lot of products that didnโ€™t work for. Now I go in store, and get a little help, so at least Iโ€™m confident in what Iโ€™m doing.

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing