Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Favourite Drugstore Brands

Ok everyone - what are your favourite drugstore brands? From makeup to shampoo and face wash/lotion - what have you found that you love and work just as well as all the 'higher end' brands? I'm lucky as I can buy hair products at cost from the supply house but I do love my Treseme hairspray. And as for makeup, I enjoy the NYX brand and sometimes Rimmel.

RE: Favourite Drugstore Brands

I love NYX and Milani for makeup! Shampoo and Conditioner I only use Dove and Marc Anthony. Skincare I don’t buy at the drugstore other than some facemasks and makeup wipes: usually Freeman beauty and Yes To for masks, and whatever is cheapest for wipes😂

I really like Soap & Glory for bath and body products. I was just thinking of makeup when I first posted. Also, Dove's new scrub is pretty amazing.

Re: Favourite Drugstore Brands

I love Soap and Glory too!

I think the L'oreal group has been killing the drugstore game. 

I love my Maybelline rewind concealer more than most of my high end ones and the L'oreal Lumi products are great. Their loose powder highlighter is gorgeous too.

I like the Aveeno Skin relief body lotion (recommended by my dermatologist) as much as the one from kiehls.

Wet N Wild for lipstick (I love the MegaLast line) and eyeliner pencil. They also make a pretty good liquid liner. 

BH Cosmetics for eyeshadow. 

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing body lotion is how I calm my face down when it throws a minor to mid-serious tantrum (lots of little bumps with perhaps some mild itchiness) over something I applied. I also use it for major tantrums (angry red rash, scaling, and lots of itchiness) as a moisturizer atop any topical creams/serums/etc. to help fix the bad reaction. And it’s my daily body lotion—the only one that works well on all my skin—so I’ve always got several bottles stocked up. 

For skincare, Hada Labo, a Japanese drug store brand that can sometimes be found at some Targets. Their hyaluronic acid "lotion" (more like a toner) is my HG.

Makeup Revolution also created some dupes of The Ordinary. Some of them are worthy dupes and others I wouldn't recommend using, based on their ingredients.

@RNGesusPls I agree about the Hada Labo - I love it!

@Crashleyw CeraVe for some skincare, and Target for body items like bodywash, oil blotting sheets, etc.

RE: Re: Favourite Drugstore Brands

I totally agree

I love the Lumene Valo Glow Boost(vitamin c) Essence and Andalou Naturals Tumeric Enlighten Serum (also a vit C product). I use them together and they brighten up and plump my skin beneath my moisturizer (using origins lately). Both brands have some pretty stellar products, but those are my favorites. Ulta used to carry both, but I also have found deals on Target.com

I always have a tub of Nivea Creme around and find it to be one of the most hydrating moisturizers out there. It is so cheap and pretty wonderful stuff!!

I haven't bought Nivea in years but have been thinking about giving it a go again next time I need something.

My favorites are Wet N Wild, ELF and NYX.

I haven't used anything from Wet 'n Wild since I was a te...

I haven't used anything from Wet 'n Wild since I was a teen! I might have to browse next time and see what they have.

Another vote for Nyx! I was so happy when Ulta opened near me a decade or so ago so I could finally buy it in stores.
Anonymous Insider

I love Nyx, and ELF! Those are my go to brands when I want something a little cheaper but still really nice in quality. For skincare, I love Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin line!

I've tried the Burts Bees lip balm but I didn't like it a...

I've tried the Burts Bees lip balm but I didn't like it and haven't tried anything else since... I know the Shoppers by my house has a large selection so I might have to look.

Definitely NXY also. I’m really impressed with the line. I have a sensitive scalp so I use Paul Mitchell which is starting to sell in many places. Wet n Wild has some great products too. 

I'm still slightly cautious when buying salmon brands at...

I'm still slightly cautious when buying salmon brands at regular stores because the product can't be guaranteed but it is nice to have them around just in case
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing