Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

Tags:

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

22DCEE23-4813-48EF-A232-48332BF4BDFC.jpeg

That first day was a great deal; get a free Liquid Art Stick in Naked Pink when you purchased one in your color of choice.  I hope it comes back!

487DF6E1-F965-4F56-A7E7-1951F203A5E7.jpeg

GLAMGLOW PROMO: Free full-size Youthmud with $59+ purchase or Free full-size Youthmud and Volcasmic with $89+ puchase. CODE: GGYOUTH

silamozilla.JPG

MILK Makeup's F&F Sale is such a great deal! The base discount is 25% off $35+ and free US shipping, and if you spend $75 (before discount!) you get 3 gifts -- one is a set of minis that retails for $30USD. 

I got the Flex concealer, Matcha Toner, Mini Cooling Water, Mini Highlighter, plus a deluxe sample of Kush mascara, a lip color, and the 3 piece set with Ubame mascara, Eye Tint in Silent Disco, and Brow Color in Pilsner for $61USD INCLUDING SHIPPING!!!

I think this is an AWESOME deal if you want to pick up at least $75 worth of products pre-discount. 

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the concealer or skincare sticks that I picked up? I'm so stocked to try them out!

RE: Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

I can't love their cooling water enough! I've got Rosacea, so besides putting it under my eyes for puffy unders, I put it wherever I'm red in the face and it soothes. Love the highlighters as well, though it's been a while with those. Been wanting to try Matcha to see if it'll do anything further for the redness, so thanks for posting the sale. Also, that lipstick!! Although I've only swatched it, I know so is sooo pigmented. Seems long lasting as well since it was difficult to take off later. Let us know what you think of your purchase! So far I'm loving Milk. (Scored on the A-Team a while back. Love just about everything in it. Their bronzer is so-so as it breaks apart.)

@kthorsen, I've tried the mini cooling stick (love it und...

@kthorsen, I've tried the mini cooling stick (love it under my eyes) also the mini holographic stick in Mars and the new mascara. I like them all. I think I will visit the site to see if I need anything else 🙂

Re: @kthorsen, I've tried the mini cooling stick (love it und...

Oooh it's good to know you like everything! I can't wait to try for myself! Happy shopping 🙂 

RE: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

RE: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

MAC haute mystery haul: 7 full size products for $49.00

Re: RE: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

Gilt City still has the free, $25 off of a $75 MAC voucher available.  It can be used in conjunction with the mystery bag.

I'll be the voice of reason 😄

7 full size items with a value of $95.50? That's an average of $13.64 each, which is well below MAC's average pricing. Even if they throw in one $40ish palette or other bigger-ticket item, the rest of the bag would have to be filled with 6 Littles (which I wouldn't call full size) or refill shadows or something else low-value (do they even have anything else cheap?).

Either they have way underrepresented the value of the bag (which seems silly to do) or it's truly going to be filled with the cheapest stuff they have lying around. It's an easy pass for me (but I'll be watching for what folks get so I can kick myself for skipping it 😆😆😆 )

@RGbrown Devil's advocate here, but they could do:

4 Pro shadow pans @ $7 = $28

1 brush $25

1 fix + $26

1 lipstick $17.50

The problem with MAC is their quality is unreliable.  There are some iconic products (Ruby Woo, Lady Danger, Heroine, Mehr, Whirl, Phloof, Fix+, Fluidline, Brushes, etc) and then there are the Limited Edition products that are just mehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My prediction for the bags is that they will do 1 of everything, so you won’t really get 4 eyeshadow pans.  I am guessing they will do:

1 eyeshadow pan

1 empty palette (the quad sized one or the duo)

1 brush

1 lipstick

1 pencil

1 universal skincare item, e.g. fix+

1 bag

Odds that they’ll include “goodbyes” in the mystery bags: HIGH

I love a good game, but MAC’s quality inconsistency makes this way more of a gamble than I’d like.  I want to say this is an easy pass for me, but I’ve played this game with more money before, like on the Charlotte Tilbury mystery box, or the Beautylish bags.  I would totally do this if I hadn’t already dropped my weekly makeup budget somewhere else.  I’d love to be surprised but the odds of me being dissatisfied with this bag are too high!  Plus, you know where else I can get 7 full-sized MAC products for $50?  The Cosmetics Company Outlets. 

Back in March I was on a tear!  I bought the “In the flesh” 15 pan palette for $23.  I got a bunch of lipsticks for $6 a piece.  I picked up some of the lip duo kits for $18 a piece.  I also got this super cool set of a brush and a mini MAC pigment in chartreuse for $6.  I ended up picking up 3 of these just for the brushes!  I also bought some backup brushes for like 50% of their MSRP. 

So yeah, if I’m going to buy MAC products for 50% off, I’d rather go down to a CCO and know exactly what I’m getting.  I also think there’s a really good chance that most people get way more than the $95 min value.  However, I’m not that excited to go spend $50 on an absolute mystery. 

SO adorable how well stated, and thought out this is. @itscarin Lovin' the logic. Does CCO have the old-style MAC brushes? My outlet's close to an hour away, so I never go, but that could make it worth it! I really love their foundation brushes.

@ClassicallyFab CCO's have a lot of things and selections vary by stores.  I believe I've picked up the 129, 141,133, 217, 239, and Oval 6 brush there in the past year. You can call ahead and find out if they have an item before you head out there.  They won't put it on hold but if you're looking for something specifically they can let you know what's there.  My tip would be to head there on labor/memorial day.  They do 50% off everything during these sales, and they even did an additional 20% off Tom Ford (which is never on sale there) this past Memorial day.. 

That’s really fantastic! Thanks @itscarin

@itscarinwrote:

So yeah, if I’m going to buy MAC products for 50% off, I’d rather go down to a CCO and know exactly what I’m getting. 

This is exactly what always steers me away from mystery boxes in general. I'd much rather be able to pick my own stuff out 😁

Thank you @RGbrown.  My brain knows it's not worth it but my fickle little heart knows no logic!

Okay this one sounds too good to be true... It's probably a bunch of "retired" LE products that have been sitting around in inventory!

Interesting.  I'm not sure I trust MAC that much but that's a good deal!  Are you grabbing one @shimmerbait?

@michelleshops   I don't know.. on the fence.  I'll probably get overwhelmed later with desire, love a gamble lol, and buy it.. the chronic makeup fomo is real with me

15,192 Replies
testing