Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

Tags:

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

@itscarin  I stopped checking this thread because there were too many things I wasn't interested in too. Once I stopped checking it regularly I stopped posting deals myself, and now I feel like there is no point checking this thread because it's not updated daily like it used to be. 

@suzyo I hear you. What kinds of deals are you interested in?  Would you want beauty separated into mainstream and then indie?  Or all beauty lumped together?

@itscarin I'm interested in mainstream beauty mostly. I also don't mind candle deals being posted because I love candles, as long as it's actually a deal. At one point when I started to loose interest there was a lot of Bath and Body Works deals being posted, but when is BBW not on sale? I don't need daily BBW updates.... I mean I always post about Candle Day myself, but that comes once a year. I agree that GWP aren't deals, and there is a thread for those that just isn't used. There was also an issue with duplicate posts, so I would see many posts of the same sales. @notcreative used to have rules/etiquette listed above that people followed, but there is no posting etiquette any more. 

ETA: I forgot to mention that I would like indie brands to be separated.

I haven't really kept up with the thread in a while, so I cannot attest to the quality of the posts over the past couple of years. I did really enjoy it when I did though. As I mentioned below, I fully support someone taking it over and starting a fresh, new thread to return it to its former glory. You guys deserve all the best deals. Take care. I hope you are all doing well.

@notcreative I hope you’re doing well, too!  2020 was a wild ride. I hope it treated you ok. We definitely miss you!

It was awful, but I'm hopeful 2021 will be better for everyone. Miss all of you, too.

@suzyo lol, I agree with you about “when is bbw not on sale?” Aside from not posting links, do you remember any etiquette or can you think of new etiquette you’d like to see to make the thread more appealing?

@itscarin  I swore she had links to the Ulta thread and Sephora sale thread, however I just looked at Volume 5 and only the Sephora sale is linked? All the previous volumes before that are edited because she made new threads. Basically she just had little tips to keep the thread organized, and I thought she addressed excessive reposting. Not that all reposting is bad, because sales can go on for days.

Visage USA is offering 25% off all purchases of $250 USD or more through 2/7 with code LOVE25. Does not combine with code LOVE2021 for free shipping over $95 but you get free shipping with purchases of $110 or up anyway. They only sell Chikuhodo brushes but it applies to everything including the Homare, FO, and Z series. 

665E64B9-56EE-4DC8-8B00-F6EF4DAEEF82.png

@ragdoll4mom I just popped in here because I was thinking about how I bought some Sunday Riley products from Asos for 40% off earlier this week.  It's new products, so I know it's not old stock.  Anyway, I didn't post it here because I feel like this thread is kind of dead.  For awhile it was bombarded with posts that didn't interest me, so I just stopped looking here.  I'm thinking it might have been circa 2018?

I'd be curious to hear what everyone else's thoughts are on this -- if anyone is around?  I think it would be nice to separate out the beauty deals from random deals.  The original spirit of the thread was to allow all deals, even ones that weren't beauty related, eg. Bath and Body Works candle deals.  

I think our definitions of beauty have changed and candles would be considered "beauty" now, but anyway, I think allowing 'non-beauty' items into the thread kind of derailed the conversation a little.  Maybe that's just me though.

That being said... I would not be opposed to hearing about deals on sneakers or home goods, etc.  I think it might be beneficial to have them in a separate thread though.  

And maybe also some rules about what gets posted in here or how it gets posted.  Sometimes it feels a little chaotic to open this thread and be bombarded by images.  Maybe it would be nice to ask everyone to post images under the spoiler tag.  I know sometimes it's quicker and easier to just post an image, but visually it feels overwhelming when you're scrolling through here.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I like the idea of Beauty deals and a nonBeauty deals thread. I miss notcreative, what ever happened to her?

@AnneMCC @I miss her, too. She’s clearly missed on this thread!  I think she just got busy with life. It looks like she stopped updating her website in 2020, but with the pandemic it has been a weird time for all. She most likely has her hands very full, trying to help her kids with school now that all classes are online. I do no envy parents with school aged children at all.  It’s been incredibly difficult for parents to work full time and manage kids remote learning or even just childcare in a time where everyone is social distancing. 

Only 4 people responded in a day...  seems like no one really cares about this thread anymore. Let me post something and see if anyone else responds

Itscarin,

Personally, its one of my favorites.  I only follow 6 groups and this is one of them.  I look at this thread daily, sometimes more than once a day.  I’ve even posted to it and I rarely post anything.  Just my two cents 🙂

I like the idea of keeping deals centralized here but I agree the pics should be in the spoiler.

@itscarin I think having separate posts for beauty vs. non-beauty items is a great idea.  Maybe even having them set up with the current year as opposed to a volume # would also help. I don't mind having pictures.  I'm fine with or without them though.

I would be up for separation by category.  I usually look for this thread for makeup/skincare deals.

If images affect the loading, which they likely do, then just not posting the image would be better (vs the spoiler).  I usually include both, but I wouldn't miss posting the image.

@itscarin I'm good either way.  I tend to scroll across all the posts as their updated, not look in specific groups, so if I happen to see this one pop up with new deals I'll usually decide how much of a low buy I'm on at the time before looking lol.  I don't mind the occasional non beauty deal, but on a site run by a beauty retailer where we mainly talk beauty... I'd naturally expect that they're mostly beauty deals.  I think the page was more 'active' when @notcreative was more active, she was great at posting tons of deals.  I think now it becomes more touch and go depending on the time of year (Boxing Day/Black Friday etc).

Natasha Denona Direct, Flash sale for 48 hours, 20% off sitewide.

I still want the glam palette @danielledanielle

The restock isn’t until end of February. I’m going to look at the site now. 

@notcreative Have you considered starting a version 7 or 2021 of this conversation?  It has gotten so many responses that it's very slow to load.  Kudos to you for starting such a popular conversation!

15,192 Replies
testing