Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

Tags:

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

A36661F1-EC36-471E-9110-AC582A779D27.jpeg

Some good deals on Ulta’s website! I bought both haha. The moisturizer in the Clinique set is full size at 1.7oz

BD731CFB-6E6F-4D0D-8816-6A0F3F358D13.jpeg

385D7DB1-31B2-4A99-8657-CE4A62F0C004.jpeg

Why must Ulta free shipping has to be so high??? :(.  I want the Becca bronzers.

It’s super slow too. I only order from Ulta maybe once a year. Usually when I’m redeeming a bunch of reward dollars and using the 20% off. I’m not sure why they have such a high free shipping buy in, especially since so many of their items are lower prices. 

I cannot recommend the upgrade to UPS MyChoice enough. Specifically for the way it affects Ulta's shipping.

It's $40/year but there is always a coupon floating around to make it less. I paid $4 initially for 4 months, and most recently I paid $10 for 6 months.

What it does is this: automatic upgrades to ALL incoming packages (no USPS involvement!) No more paying for the expedited shipping from each individual company for each order, instead you pay UPS the flat rate. You can also hold packages and redirect, which is SO convenient for traveling.

You do have to manually go in and set the upgrade (once, just set "all") but now I get my Ulta orders in 2-3 days instead of up to a week!

My take on ulta's shipping is this:

Shipping is expensive and there's only so much money a company is willing to put into perks and bonuses; Ulta chooses to give us excellent rewards and gwps, but the trade-off for that is a higher threshold to earn FS.

Sephora chooses to be more liberal in handing out the free shipping, but the rewards and gwps suffer because a huge chunk of their promotional budget is spent on shipping. 

There's going to be a pretty nice skincare gwp tomorrow with $50 purchase at Ulta, if anyone wants to hold off on ordering today. Makes that free shipping threshold that much more palatable 😊

@alexastephUnidentified @blackkitty2014

@RGbrown Wait, I missed something somewhere; you mentioned a GWP deal but what is it?

It's in the Ulta thread; here's a direct link to Cindy's post 😄

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWPs/m-p/4078636#M63075

@CookieGirl1

@RGbrown Cool beans.  Thx!

@RGbrown wrote:

My take on ulta's shipping is this:

Shipping is expensive and there's only so much money a company is willing to put into perks and bonuses; Ulta chooses to give us excellent rewards and gwps, but the trade-off for that is a higher threshold to earn FS.

Sephora chooses to be more liberal in handing out the free shipping, but the rewards and gwps suffer because a huge chunk of their promotional budget is spent on shipping. 

There's going to be a pretty nice skincare gwp tomorrow with $50 purchase at Ulta, if anyone wants to hold off on ordering today. Makes that free shipping threshold that much more palatable 😊

@alexastephUnidentified @blackkitty2014

That GWP for tomorrow looks amazing! I didn’t want the bronzers to sell out, and knowing my luck they won’t 😔 but I only shop Ulta during 20% coupon time because shipping is ridiculous. And I’ve had large packages arrive in 2 days...then 3 items will take 7 days. 

@RGbrown You’re bang on with this assessment 💯 

@RGbrown@alexasteph, i'm trying to chat with Nordstrom rep to see if they can do a price matching.  Unfortunately, no bueno. This is what she said "We can price match these Designated National Competitors - Amazon (shipped and sold by), Zappos, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, ShopBop, Net-A-Porter and the Vendor brand website. I'm so sorry Ulta isn't one of the locations we can honor." Boo!

Interesting! I was just told Net-a-Porter was someone they would no longer match.

Good to know, thanks!

I'm actually surprised Amazon and Zappos are on that list (and I've never heard of shopbop...dunno who that is). The last time I looked at their price match verbiage, I seem to recall it said something along the lines of "national department store competitors", so NM, Macy's, Saks, and Bloomies was about all I expected. Nice to have a full list, so thanks! @blackkitty2014

@blackkitty2014 Probably because Ulta isn’t a department store, I noticed Sephora, Blue Mercury, and other category specific stores aren’t listed either (I’m thinking like multi brand clothing stores, Urban Outfitters for example). 

@RGbrown True. I’d rather have the free shipping though, GWPs don’t really sway my decision to purchase things. The rewards program is nice, of course, but I just find myself making purchases in store at Ulta anyway. Not only that, ebates is generally better at Sephora too! 

Yup, there are definitely a variety of factors involved in everyone's decision of where to shop. I'm all about the gwps and rewards, so Ulta gets my dollar most of the time, and I rarely shop in-store because I adore my cashback lol.

I use Mr Rebates for ulta...it's typically better than Ebates at Sephora 😋

@alexasteph

Thx @RGbrown

shu uemura  USA direct

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 10.58.49 AM.png

Tagging some of you from the masking thread that showed interest in the BioBelle masks! @yankeefaithful @curlychiquita  @KrishAtl @eshoe  @RGbrown @itsfi @bakeamuffin  @quspork

BioBelle direct (Edit: same deal, different ad– the previously posted ad just had some typos)

62660CD8-F6E6-4242-8E26-99E93DA83A5B.jpeg

@Shosh85 wow all the way up to buy 5 get 5? That is a great deal! Thank you for passing this along, more masks to hoard 😉

1 Reply
testing