Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

Tags:

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six

Early Access to 30% off Fenty Beauty if you're apart of the Fenty Fam (sign up on direct site, I believe) for today and tomorrow.

You can also grab a really pretty mask by Shami Oshun if you spend $125, but that's today only.

EDIT TO ADD - CURRENT THREAD Deals Too Good to Pass Up 2024 

25% off at Surratt direct for new and existing loyalty members. No code needed and it only shows up at check out. It appears to apply to everything, including brushes and sale items. They also look like they have every brush in stock right now. Not sure how long this is going on for.

Happy Monday everyone!  I started a new thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Deals-Too-Good-to-Pass-Up-2021/td-p/5732864

Thank you so much @notcreative for everything. If and when you get the chance, can you please link the new thread in the original post?  We look forward to having you around again!

Bobbi Brown direct has 25% off sitewide.

7D4E344E-DD5A-4D2F-BDDE-8EBDB2492471.jpeg

some eve lom is 40% off at Sephora. 

incidentally, if you’re reading this, can you please comment or like this post?  Consider it an informal poll to see how much interest there is in this thread. 

@itscarin  I stopped watching this thread about a year ago. There were too many items posted from Indie brands and deals that weren’t  that great of a deal. It took too long to scroll through when not interested in the products. I like your idea of separating into different groups. That would streamline the group into what you’re most interested in. I had reached the point where I only checked the Ulta thread because they have gotten new brands and it’s fast to check. Also with Covid quarantine and wearing masks, it just wasn’t that important. I still wear makeup everyday but does it really matter if I have on a new lippie that no one other than my husband sees? In short, yes the thread could be improved if made into smaller groups with a specific interest, but Covid has decreased my makeup buying. However, Covid has increased my skincare buying. Gotta look good when Covid finally goes away!

@itscarin I love this thread, but honestly I haven’t been shopping as much due to everything going on, so most deals I see being posted I just gloss over. However, I do appreciate that so many people contribute and post their finds. 

@LCResz can you name what you like about this thread and what you dislike, if anything, about the thread?  So far it sounds like we might garner more interest in the thread if the deals posted were a little more discriminating. Any thoughts on that?

@itscarin @I stopped posting on this thread because I would post multiple times different deals and it would get deleted. I know this same thing happened to others as well. 

@SportyGirly125 @I’ve never heard of a post being deleted except by a mod. Do you think it was a technical error, or do you know if this happened in other threads?

@itscarin It was definitely not a technical error. It kept happening over and over again. I think people probably thought it was spam. Who knows.  I started to give up because I would have to keep going back to the thread to post it. 

@SportyGirly125 I’ve never heard of that happening before. How very strange. Thanks for trying to post things though. 

@itscarin @SportyGirly125, I've had posts deleted. It's not been recent, but it has happened to me as well. 

@itscarin Excellent questions:

1. What I like best about the thread is how easy it is to do “one-stop”  check ins for current deals, since I don’t subscribe to a lot of store or brand specific emails (unsubscribed to such things a long time ago to reduce the clutter coming into my inbox). I find that the BIC community is plugged into some really great indie brands which I appreciate a great deal. 
2. What I would love to see happen is what you have suggested, having separate threads that are more focused, so flash sales vs deep discounts vs non-beauty

Haven’t checked in here in a week or two but am a regular on this thread (lurk sometimes) also commenting below

@itscarin I appreciate this thread! Thank you so much for keeping it up and moving☺️

@eshoe Thanks, but I haven’t done anything!    It just seems like this thread doesn’t get as much love as it once did.  I’m trying to figure that out why to see if we can revive this. What do you think?  Since you said you visit this thread often is there anything you like or dislike in particular about the thread?  Eg do you want to see all deals or maybe just beauty deals?  

ive been thinking about it and I’m kind of wondering if the indie makeup brand deals killed the thread for me. This is just my opinion but I’m not interested in the indie brands. 

I stopped following this thread during a period when I was just seeing all sorts of deals I wasn’t interested in. Just wondering aloud if others felt the same way or if people want to see all the deals in one thread. 

ive been kicking around the idea that maybe it should be separated into 3 threads: makeup, indie makeup, and everything non beauty. I’d love to hear everyone feedback though. 

Ahhh I see @itscarin. I guess in hindsight, I did use it more in the past than I do now. The main reason at the moment being that I am on a no buy. Personally, I am interested in indie brands, and get most of my info about sales directly from the sites’ marketing emails. Also, 20, even 25% off isn’t terribly exciting in my mind. Flash sales that offer deep discounts - yes, please! Not sure if that helps you at all, but hope it does!

@itscarin this thread got flooded with lackluster deals. like 10% off or a free deluxe gwp.  those aren’t too good to pass up! I don’t think it hurts to know what sales are going on out there but, to me, there were just so many posts for brands or deals I had no interest in to sort through and I stopped paying attention.

@shimmerbait Yes, I agree about the flood of lackluster deals. Would you like to see a threshold for deals, like only 20% and up?  How would you define the kind of deals you’re looking for vs deals you don’t want to see on this thread?

15,192 Replies
testing