Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

@kovalevka Id shop from their website! That way its easier to connect ebates, while you cant if you use their app. Its shopspring dot com 🙂

I'm a 🦆 and still have no 💡 how these offers work. @sabrinas You may edit your comment before they delete it

Target Beauty Box 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Walgreens

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 7.02.07 PM.png

They also have Buy 2 Get 3rd free on skin care, and 25% off designer fragrances.

I just read that Blue Mercury is owned by Macy's.  I thought that was interesting.  Macy's is also planning on opening up 50 freestanding and/or shops inside their remaining stores.

That would explain why they opened a Bluemercury spa inside my local Macy's

From CultBeauty MAY LINDSTROM The Problem Solver with Bonus Brush is 60GBP after VAT removed, which is 75$.

may015_maylindstrom_problemsolverandbonusbrush_1_1560x1960-9uhu1.jpg

Has anyone purchased makekup/skincare from overstock before? They have a lot of great brands up right now. I'd be much less weary on makeup, but I'm looking at skincare. Night cream, to be specific. It's almost half the price of retail. 

I could always get it and return if it's past life, but it looks like they charge for return shipping unless it's their error/damage. I could always dispute that selling a product past it's prime life is an error, but the older I get the less hassle I want in my life!

I got some hair care products from there once.  I happened to have an unopened tube of the same product that I'd got from my salon also on hand and was able to confirm that they were exactly the same/not counterfeit  and the product itself seemed fine/not expired.  I do think if they sold you something expired that would be grounds for a CC dispute.

I bought a MAC blush from overstock before because it was less than half of retail, and I wouldn't recommend it. Keep in mind this was years ago when I first started getting into makeup and this was my first MAC blush so I didn't know much better. I immediately noticed the packaging felt very cheap and scratched up despite being new, and the powder broke me out every time I used it. Sure enough a year later after I bought a blush from MAC directly and after some research confirmed it was a fake. Contacted overstock and berated them for selling fakes, and they refunded me the full amount. Who knows maybe they're more careful now about where they source their makeup from since there wasn't as much awareness about counterfeit products back then. 

My motto is that if the prices sound too good to be true, they usually are. Unless there's a code stacking glitch LOL. 

@CC3616  I did a long time ago.  I think they also might charge a restocking fee.  I remember it being a hassle to get them to do what I considered the "right thing" regarding some sheet sets but I don't remember the specifics.  Keep your eye on Costco online; they have different brands  show up that you can purchase (although most require you to be a member in order to purchase.) 

@Ispend2much6 Thanks for the info! Looks like I'd be better off to steer clear and wait for a better option. Ah, costco! Have you seen PTR there by chance?

Spoiler
After talking myself out of one for years, I am taking delivery of a costco membership tonight from a very kind guy I work with. Him and his wife are donating it in my name to our side non-profit association we charter at work. He says it's so I can keep possession of our bank cards and not have other people doing shopping, but he's really probably only doing it so I stop asking him to order beauty things through their personal account hahah! I was so excited when I found out.

@CC3616, If you are a Verizon wireless customer you can shop on their rewards site, "Verizon Smart Rewards." They usually stock a ton of PTR that rotates based on how quickly it sells out. Here is what they currently have:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.31.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.31.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.31.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.31.34 PM.png

@willa25 I am not a Verizon customer but thank you for sharing 🙂

@CC3616  You're welcome!  Sounds like you have a great plan.  I am thinking of getting one also. 

PTR seems to show up everywhere at one time or another lol.  But, it's not there right now.

Here are three PTR items on costco's website right now @Ispend2much6 @CC3616

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 3.43.49 PM.png

Thanks for sharing @spubu! Not what I'm looking for but glad I know they stock them and to keep looking.

Sure thing, @CC3616 Costco surprisingly has some great skincare and makeup!

@spubu  Oh, my!  I was confusing PTR with Ole Henriksen.  I was looking for different jars.  Good thing you checked.

I admit to checking costco almost daily ever since I saw that they marked down a ciate set super drastically and found out after the fact 😛  lol @Ispend2much6

Cult Beauty has a 5 ml deluxe sample of Luna Oil when your purchase a full size Good Genes.

srn041_sundayriley_goodgeneswithdeluxeluna_1560x1960-l3f0l.jpg

7,684 Replies
testing