Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Savvy Shoppers

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

That's what I heard! That a lot of their limited edition palettes tend to have overlap. I have the studio one (I think that's what it's called) and the colors are somewhat similar enough that I can't justify buying this one too...even at a measly $25

@Insomniacmuffin I'm so with you!  I do not understand it.  Every year I keep saying that I've never seen sales like this year.  However, this year (really) has surpassed them all.  Nordstrom owns me now (the 65% off...please...my kids are happy with nordstrom quality and brands at such prices).  And on other sites I probably averaged close to 75% off or got great freebies.  One noticeable sale I skipped is sephora.  And now I can't afford it...

Sephora is making a mistake holding on to so much inventory.  What are they going to do?  Continue having 5 pages of sale stuff?

Part of the issue is this deal thread.  So thanks to all who post!  I'm set for gifts, makeup, candy, etc....forever....

Please read this if you post photos on BT!

I just accidentally found out that if you have location services turned on for your phone's camera/photos (not sure which), the photos you upload to BT will PRESERVE that location. Meaning if I save your photo, I can see exactly where you took it. I'm often "paranoid" (lol..) so I tested a few photos before posting this. In a few cases, it's so detailed that I can see your full address, including house #, and not just the city/state. 

Warning #2 -- I tell most people I trade with this, but I thought I'd use this off-topic moment to blast this. When u share a photo in a PRIVATE message, it gets put in your public BT album by default. Pls be careful when sending photos of shipping labels and personal photos! You can manually choose "private album" too. 

Sorry this is off-topic Smiley Sad I didn't know what thread to use and this one is popular/open to all tiers. 

@candacebt this is something that should be fixed. I remember raising either this exact issue or something similar about the private/public picture/album before in one of my millions of posts for old BT. The album/picture functionality really needs to be cleaned up and tightened.

Thanks @whitepolkydots! Just went to check and my samsung has it listed under "location tags" and thankfully it was already in the "off" position for me.  

@whitepolkydots:. Thanks for the PSA! You're right, you really can't be too careful with technology these days. I double-checked my own settings, and saw that my GPS tagging function was turned off. Whew! Smiley Happy

Wow, good to know!  Thanks @whitepolkydots for reminding me to turn off the Eye of Sauron!

Spoiler
Image result for eye of sauron gif

Hahaha Sauron! Good one @ZombieMetroAnt

@ZombieMetroAnt  My son understood your spoiler and loved it. Smiley Happy

@whitepolkydots  Thank you so much for posting this warning!  So, do you mean that if you wanted to save one of my bt photos from a public or private album, you can see exactly who I am?

@Ispend2much6 nobody (i hope...) should be able to view your private album except yourself! I just used to assume that all photos i sent in PRIVATE messages would automatically be saved in my PRIVATE album (or be viewable between the two people chatting), but that's not the case Smiley Sad you do, howvever, have the option to not use the public album when sharing photos (and the person you're messaging will still be able to see it). you just have to consciously choose the "private" option

and if a photo does have a location tag on it, you can't necessarily tell exactly who the person is? but google is pretty powerful these days and sometimes location services will save addresses down to the house #

Thank you for this info.  Nothing is private anymore.  @whitepolkydots

Yes, this is true and how law enforcement find people on the internet. 

popsugar direct

popsugar.jpg

Thanks @wwTraveler

I'm not purchasing anything - really wished the sunglasses was still available - but now I have the link to the shop! I was trying to remember this deal when it was first mentioned, but couldn't put my finger on what shop it was lol

@wwTraveler Thank you so much! I was confused of what to wear to a wedding in the summer, then saw the dress and actually find it to be so cute! And I grabbed the Briogeo hair mask as well.  For $30 after taxes for a hair mask and a dress originally worth quite a bit of money, I cant go wrong! Smiley Very Happy 

@wwTraveler. How does this work exactly? Do you already have to have a Popsugar subscription in order to qualify for this? Thank you!

@Carpineda no need to have a subscription! just go to the website mhboutique dot popsugar.com and pick items out and add the code Smiley Happy

Thank you so much! I love S'well water bottles, so if I could grab some at a discount for gifts, that would be swell!

Among other things, there are Marchesa Voyage clothes at ridiculous prices, as well as E&J Nirvana Black dry shampoo and Briogeo hair mask.

mhboutique dot popsugar.com

P.S. I posted above before noticing your post- will remove mine Smiley Happy

Yes, thanks, everyone! I snagged the Marchesa Zip Dress (hoping I got the right size - I couldn't find measurements anywhere!), and a couple of Lint rollers and makeup erasers - that was way too good a deal to pass up.

1 Reply