Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Viva Glam is charity.  It's never on sale... and if it is on Nordstrom it shouldn't be 😉

That's what I thought! I was okay buying it at full price since it's charitable, but I'm definitely wondering why the heck Nordstrom has it discounted. Normally I'd be peeved I overpaid in a matter of mere minutes (I literally bought it right before coming here), but you're right. It's going to a good place! @veronika23

@pinyo  I totally get that. I'd be peeved too if I bought something and saw it on sale right after.  I'm guessing Nordies made a mistake on their pricing...

You can contact them and see if they price adjust.

Spoiler
The lady on Sephora CS Chat told me they can offer 'difference refund' if I buy something here and then it goes on sale at another retailer within  a week.

ICYMI - Cheerios is giving free wildflower seeds to help bring back the bees:

Bees.JPG

Spoiler
You can see this program on their site - just fill out your form:

Bees.JPG

cheerios DOT com/bringbackthebees

I got this promo last year. It's legit and for a good cause. I'm terrified of bees but honey bees are the "good guys" and disappearing at an alarming rate.

Oh -  I love this!!!!  Signed up! 🙂

I get all my vegetable and flower seeds from Veseys.They have great seed mixes.

Jouer direct has up to 50% off on certain items plus 15% off with code "spring." It's the Kiss them Goodbye sale so make sure it's something you want because sales are final.

Thanks @Maria88, especially for the final sale warning.  I used one of their powdered eyeshadows in the shade Chocolate for the first time recently and I really liked it. Very buttery, good color payoff.  

You're welcome @Ispend2much6! I like their metallic liquid lipsticks. I feel they do a better job than others at staying on and not drying lips too much (at least on me). Never tried their shadows though!

Zoya deal that seemed somewhat good (though seem to recall past deals that were slightly better). still, figured I'd share this...expires 3/19/2017. 

zoyadeal.jpg

fine print:

Spoiler
Valid online only from 3/15/17 – 3/19/17 (11:59pm EST). Offer only available on www DOT zoya DOT com. Code "TAKE10" must be entered at checkout. Continental US and Canada ONLY.  International processing fee will apply for Canadian orders. Not valid in conjunction with other coupons, codes or gift with purchase items. Returns or exchanges of promotional items not permitted. Art of Beauty is not responsible for incorrect addresses, credit card entry errors, declined credit cards or web related issues. Limit one code per order. Code must be entered at the time of purchase – code cannot be reinstated on canceled orders.

I just got my Nordstrom order and this is the Chanel gloss sample that was sent for the promo they offered a few days ago 😞 I thought it would be a proper tube, but I guess that would have been too good to be true

Coco.jpg

This should have been in the sample section. Mines came today and I just looked at it like "..." 

Oh well, at least I get to sample it?

@Glitternoodle,

I just ordered this at Nordstrom also, and I'm very disappointed to see this is not in a tube shaped like the regular product.  I think this was misrepresented in the photo at Nordstrom. 

@tsavorite I agree, there was a picture of a tube in the middle of the page. I went off of that and actually thought the color would be red because of that picture. I do have to say though, in the description it says a sample and not a deluxe sample so I guess that is where the difference is. Oh well, at least I finally get to try the Jo Malone perfume sample, which I always hear about here but haven't tried yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Glitternoodle

Me, too, I ordered the Jo Malone sample.  I'm also happy about the purchase that I made to get the promo as well, but I expected better from Nordstom.  They are a big favorite of mine.  I trusted them not to "bait and switch."

I love it though.  My lips are just about this color, but it adds a little something to them (plus a slight glimmer.)

I posted a similar offer from Saks so I was pretty sure it would look like this. I wanted to warn people but there wasn't a picture for the Nordies offer so I was hoping I was wrong!

Omg. I'm dying. I not only specifically placed an order for this, but also passed up a 3 piece Clinique gwp because I thought it would be a mini Chanel gloss. Not. Happy. 

Thank you for posting this... I was about to place an order thinking I would get a mini gloss... 

Those foils are messy after one use, I think the promo was misleading.

1 Reply
testing