Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

I always purchase from the sale on sale but purposely avoided the sale stuff (even though a couple looked interesting) this time. I know they are a business and can do whatever they want, but I have a hard time making a purchase when they cancel a major promotion. Looks like a lot of people feel the same way. It's for the best, because I did not really need anything anyway, not that I needed the stuff I got from the sale on sale any year in the past either.

Lol and the new email I got from them: "You asked, we delivered" 

I got excited for a microsecond

@SootSoot I want them to send me an email that says "You asked, we don't care"

Truth - I will frame it.

I feel so bad for the MUFE palette. It doesn't even look bad, but it's been on sale for a year now lol. I'd get it...but I have enough palettes and it looks so similar to stuff I already have. 

Sephora should start sending stuff to us for free for our "awesomeness"

That palette is on sale because if you bought the first two mufe artist palettes then you already own more than half the colors.  

That's what I heard! That a lot of their limited edition palettes tend to have overlap. I have the studio one (I think that's what it's called) and the colors are somewhat similar enough that I can't justify buying this one too...even at a measly $25

@Insomniacmuffin I'm so with you!  I do not understand it.  Every year I keep saying that I've never seen sales like this year.  However, this year (really) has surpassed them all.  Nordstrom owns me now (the 65% off...please...my kids are happy with nordstrom quality and brands at such prices).  And on other sites I probably averaged close to 75% off or got great freebies.  One noticeable sale I skipped is sephora.  And now I can't afford it...

Sephora is making a mistake holding on to so much inventory.  What are they going to do?  Continue having 5 pages of sale stuff?

Part of the issue is this deal thread.  So thanks to all who post!  I'm set for gifts, makeup, candy, etc....forever....

Not to burst any bubbles, but my People Shop order was cancelled. This was after getting *two* confirmation emails - one with a status of approved and one that had a status of reserved. 

😞 

I got a shipping confirmation for one of four so far. Two of them I checked out as a guest so I have no way of checking the status. 

Oh, no. Now, we all sit and wait to see whose get canceled and who are the lucky ones that make it through. I never placed any Blue Mercury orders, but I remember a lot got canceled but many slipped through.

I don't think the 'reserved' email was actually about your completed order. I got one yesterday as well, but the email talked about the items in my cart, not the ones I already ordered!

I'm not really sure because I've ordered from them before and never received two order confirmations. This one had a list of everything I ordered (just like the first one) and it said "reserved" next to each item. 

I just got a shipping confirmation for mine, via UPS.

OMG @NancieNano  <insert worried emoji here 0000011.JPG>

Keep an eye on your order!!

@ZombieMetroAnt my order(s) shipped!!!!!!!!

@NancieNano Heart What a relief!!

giphy 1.gif

Oh I hope not!! I needed a new planner and I got it for $3 hahahaha and the mermaid charger thing, I cant pass up something mermaid and practical and so cheap!!  My order was like $10 lol...I hope the don't cancel it 😞

i think they are slowly cancelling orders which is why orders are still in progress.. wahhhhhhhhh

Oh no! Sorry this happened. That's interesting that you got two confirmation emails. I only got the approved one...I never received a "reserved" email.

I'm super worried now. My order was just under $20. I really hope it gets shipped. 

@JenniferOhJenny How long apart did you receive the confirmation emails? Also, do you plan on contacting their CS? They should honor the orders. It's not our fault that their website wasn't working correctly. 

testing