Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up 2021

Thanks to @notcreative for starting the Deals Too Good to Pass Up (and website of the same name).

This thread will be for posting deals too good to pass up!  In this thread, please keep deals on topic - mainstream/"prestige" beauty only.  Please post deals you really love, and think others will love, too!

Help us keep this thread fun and interactive.  If a deal has already been posted, please do not post the same deal a second time.  This will keep the thread easy to read.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

none at the moment

Thread for indie/alternative/korean beauty is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-INDIE-AND-UNKNOWN-BRANDS-THREAD/m-p/2392215#M9500

Thread for non-beauty is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Deals-Too-Good-to-Pass-Up-Non-Beauty-2021/td-p/57328...

Thread for Ulta GWPs is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWPs/m-p/2570769#M4115

Thread for Sephora Promo Codes is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Promo-Codes-21/m-p/5706524#M128439

Thread for Target Deals is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Target-beauty-deals/m-p/5394492

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up 2021

@itsfi  I tried the DS of the Elderberry cleanser as my second cleanse and I really liked it. I like the gel texture, my skin was clean and not dry at all. I don’t think I like it enough to replace my top fave YTTP superfood, but I will happily use it up.

@faeriegirl, thank you! I like the sound of the elderberry cleanser. The YYTP cleanser is a bit too drying for my skin, except for the summertime.

@itsfi what's your favorite cleanser? I do find the YTTP a little to drying if I use it too much but it's refreshing. I'm using a super affordable one from Target from a brand called Amie. It's the Soft and Smooth Cleansing balm. It has a light scent that's very pleasant and the texture is nice and creamy. I alternate with the Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser 4.0 oz / 120 mL for when I want a little scrub, this one is super gentle.

@makeitup305, right now, for fall / winter, I'm using Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL as a first cleanser and will reach for and switch between Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.76 oz/ 200 mL #orTatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil Mini 0.8 oz/ 24 mL (not sure why a full size of this cleanser isn't pulling up to tag) when it gets colder or when I run out of the PC. For a second cleanse in the cooler season this year, it'll be the iS Clinical Warming Honey Cleanser this year - I like how it makes my skin feel cleansed, soft, supple and nourished. I have a DS of that Tatcha softening cleanser you mentioned that I've been meaning to try out. For exfoliating cleansers, I'm currently using AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g maybe once per week. I recently picked up the Lovinah's Dragon's Blood BHA Cleansing Oil and if my patch test of it goes okay, I'll plan to use that during those times when my skin is a little more oily or when I'm dealing with a breakout. I used to have several cleansers in the rotation but for the last year or so, I limit the number that I have open in either category and the variation is generally only to have something for those days when my skin is oilier than usual or I'm breaking out.

@itsfi I've been bad about doing a true double cleanse and will often just go with Bioderma and a The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth Pink . Occasionally I'll use belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL or CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm - Home & Away Duo before my cleanser. I've had fancier cleansers before but I've found that as along as they don't feel drying I don't care as much. That iS Clinical does sound very nice,  though. 

@makeitup305, I just recently finished a tube of the belif jelly cleanser - I really like it. And Bioderma I use as a pre-cleanse most nights. Love that Clinique TTDO balm - I used that for years, maybe even close to a decade (gasp) as a first cleanser. Recently (in the past 4/5 years) it seems like there’s been an explosion of good cleansers on the market. I’ve been fortunate to find good skincare sales and have taken advantage of that. 😆 

@itsfi I’m definitely going to be trying some new ones after this Biossance sale!

Ha ha yes you are correct, @itsfi! I replied in order of tags and I included that balm in my Biossance loves💕

Thanks for the input @itsfi ! Ive gotten so many deluxe samples with my orders I’m bound to try the whole line by the end haha

Ulta has the entire The Ordinary brand 23% off through today.

Hey all! Long time no post, figured I would today lol.  So if you pay with Klarna on Sephora, you will save 25% off your order up to $50 (ends tonight at midnight).  On top of that, if you havent used Klarna before and you sign up with a referral link, you get a $30 amazon gift card after your first purchase.  Oh and don't forget 8% on Rakuten!

If you need, you can PM for a referral link (I would also get a $30 gift card).  It's a really good deal!

@sabrinas Thank you! Quick Q. Is there a minimum to spend?

Thanks for posting, @sabrinas , and nice to hear from you!  💖💖💖

@sabrinas Nice to have you back if even only for cyber monday!  

That’s a really nice deal @sabrinas wow! Thank you. 

8B710A6F-1633-4A0C-A95B-A8DABB64AEAD.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 @quspork @Shosh85 @Sunnysmom I feel like I’m missing others who may need/want to replenish their supply. Hmm… 

@itsfi  There's so many great deals going on, it's overwhelming! Thanks for the tag - you know I love Sulwhasoo! 😃

"Overwhelming" is an excellent way to describe it @Shosh85. I thought I was prepared for it but, either it's even crazier this year the amount of sales rolling out or I need to work on doing a better job of maximizing on these deals. Which is to say, maybe a low buy for the whole year until these holiday / Black Friday / year end sales? 😂 I'm pretty sure a low buy for most of next year wouldn't be a bad idea; and for certain categories, a very, very low buy. Ha! 

I hadn't planned on picking up any Sulwhasoo at this time, but ... one of their new wash off masks may have found its way into my shopping cart. Oops. 😮 In my defense, it was just the one. 😇🤣

I agree with you, @itsfi !  A very low buy for the year so I can take advantage of these year-end sales.  I've had to rope it in--how frustrating!  😫

@Titian06, it is frustrating, isn’t it?!! 😟 But huge kudos to you for roping it in 🙌🏼 - that’s not an easy thing to do.

Looks like my homework for this weekend is to figure out realistically what a very low buy 2022 looks like for me based on what I have already. 😂 

Oh wow nice @itsfi ! Thank you! 🤗

testing