cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|
Anonymous Insider

Bought a fake Dior product at Sephora and had a terrible experience after that

Last Saturday I bought a $175 Dior intensive night restorative creme at the Westfield Garden State Plaza Sephora store in New Jersey. The package was sealed. But when I got home and opened the box, what sat inside wasn't the product I paid for, it was a yellowish cream that smells like coconut oil in a cheap white plastic bottle. I was shocked. The store was closed on Sunday so I had to go back to return the item on Monday. 

But how the manager at the store handled the situation was very disappointing and disrespectful. She refused to process the return for me, and the only reason she gave was that the box was sealed when it left the store so they don't have the responsibility. I trust Sephora so when I make a purchase, I won't open the box at the store to verify its authenticity. And now I have to pay the price for trusting them? This is beyond ridiculous!

I had experiences buying used or touched products from Sephora before, but buying a $175 counterfeit and being treated disrespectfully is just unacceptable. I already filed a complaint against the manager. Any other advice what I should do? Thank you!

IMG_5901.JPG

The left is what I got at Sephora. The right is the cream later I bought at Nordstrom. The packages are obviously very different. 

WOW!!! thats really awful. I would post in the Sephora cu...

WOW!!! thats really awful. I would post in the Sephora customer service thread and/or contact Sephora customer service. this is totally unacceptable

RE: Bought a fake Dior product at Sephora and had a terrible experience after that

Uggg I hate it when people are asshiles and you end up getting screwed for it. Well I’m sorry for you for sure! Have you tried disputing the charge on your card at your banking institution or card holder company? That would be my next step since you paid for a service or item that was not provided. Hope it works out for you.

RE: Bought a fake Dior product at Sephora and had a terrible experience after that

OMGGG this is crazy. how can one change the product and put it back inside and without even the SA checking before accepting return. this is crazy 😱😱😱

Re: Bought a fake Dior product at Sephora and had a terrible experience after that

Edit - I looked at the photo super zoomed in, and the jar you got from Sephora says "Palmer's" on the lid?  Looks like someone swapped the Dior product and replaced it with a Palmer's coconut product or something.

If Sephora won't accept the return, file a claim with your credit card/bank.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Bought a fake Dior product at Sephora and had a terrible experience after that

Yes, I believe it is palmer's coconut oil.Thank you for advice!

Here's a photo of a palmer's coconut hair product where you can clearly see the lid is the same as the one on the "dior" you bought from Sephora (minus the sticker)

20140510_120405_wm

That does not mean that it is counterfeit. It could be just an older batch with a different design. 

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I realized the design might be from an older batch. But what's inside is definitely not Dior cream.

it's definitely palmer's coconut oil

@Anonymous That's crazy! I think all you can do is complain to corporate and see what they say. Did they even try to compare the outside box to others that they had in stock? 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the advice!

What 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_5901.JPG
  • 20140510_120405_wm
testing