Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Best wedding foundation

Looking for some advice for best wedding foundation for a tropical setting, aka it will be hot and humid!! I’m getting married in October in Maui and would appreciate any advice!!!

Re: Best wedding foundation

The absolute best foundation Ive ever used is Guerlains BB cream. It melts into the skin, it is weightless and looks completely natural. It is just the most beautiful foundation Ive ever used and Ive tried dozens! Oh and I wear it in central Florida and it survives the weather just fine.

GUERLAIN - Lingerie de Peau BB Cream

@Anniken Whatever you pick, remember to check how it looks under the lighting conditions your ceremony will be in. If you're going to be outside at high noon, it needs to look good in full-on sunlight. Conversely, if you're having your ceremony in a dim ballroom, it has to look nice under that lack of light.

Additionally, make sure to check that your foundation photographs well. You don't want to pick a foundation (or finishing powder) that looks absolutely perfect in person, only to find out after the fact that all of your wedding photos are filled with flashback on your face. (Physical SPF in foundation or powder is a common culprit.) Ask your wedding photographer to check with the camera they'll be using if you're not sure.

RE: Re: Best wedding foundation

So far the Dior face and body foundation is a win for me. I hear it photographs beautifully, but haven’t tested it myself yet. I am currently setting w RCMA translucent powder which has photographed well before, and hourglass finishing powder in the non-bake areas. Thank you for your feedback and appreciate any opinions on the products mentioned

@Anniken Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! How exciting! I recommend trying the LAURA MERCIER - Foundation Primer - Radiance with Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 gin the areas you have any texture or T-zone oils. I recommend using the YVES SAINT LAURENT - All Hours Longwear Natural Matte Foundation with the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer CaramelI hope this helps you with your wedding day selections!

Best,
Rebecca

I have been trialing the Dior Face & Body foundation w Tatcha Silk and so far so good. But worry it will break down w heat! Thanks for all your advice!!

I got married in Cuba and used MAKE UP FOR EVER - Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer - Mattifying Primer - For Oily Skinand the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundationand it wore incredibly through what was an extremely hot day! Normally my nose gets oily and foundation breaks down on it quickly, but the primer really helped it to stay put!

@elise222 I've always wanted to go to Cuba!  That sounds like an amazing wedding destination.  😄

@itscarin it was really nice and stress-free (ish), and the views and weather were fantastic! If you ever get the opportunity to go to Cuba, you definitely should. It's such a cool place with all the old cars and beautiful beaches!!

@elise222 It's that sweet sweet forbidden fruit.  One of these days!

Thank you!! I have heard the MUF HD is great for wedding makeup!! I will have to try this on a hot day!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing