Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
Anonymous Insider

Best AFFORDABLE primer, foundation, concealer, lip stick, brows, eyeliner, and eye shadows/palette.. GO!!

I've always liked make-up but recently I've been very interested in learning more. I don't have a big collection and it consists of all drugstore items.. I'm cheap lol. But if I want a good look I know I'm going to have to buy better quality items. I'm so overwhelmed by all the different brands and I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that I don't like either.. Help!!

Re: Best AFFORDABLE primer, foundation, concealer, lip stick, brows, eyeliner, and eye shadows/palette.. GO!!

Value sets and mini sets are going to be your best bet. You're not paying full price and you're committing to a full-size product that you may ultimately not like.

I'm like this with mascara and that is why I prefer sets with mini mascaras. Depending on how often you use it, you might not even use the whole full-size product before its expiry. Imagine paying 31$ for a Too Faced mascara and only using a tenth of it before you have to throw it out after three months? Throwing out a 9$ mascara is better than throwing out a 31$ one.

Also, lip sets are the best for trying a variety of colours to figure out what you like and hate. I'm the kind of person who loves experimenting with my lip colour. I bought a Nyx liquid lip vault (basically 24 minis) to see what colours I loved rocking. There are too many lovely shades for me to commit to one full-sized tube. Anyways, I have never finished a tube of lipstick in my life. I'm not a commitment kind of person. Obviously, don't go buying the Smashbox liquid lip vault. That is more product than you'll ever use in your life.

Re: Best AFFORDABLE primer, foundation, concealer, lip stick, brows, eyeliner, and eye shadows/palette.. GO!!

Here are a few of my suggestions:

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Biscuitcomes in a travel size (providing it is the right color for you)

BITE BEAUTY - Four Little Bites Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set

SEPHORA COLLECTION - 12hr Colorful Contour Eyeliner several great colors to choose from

@MandyCandy87 I like SEPHORA COLLECTION Lashcraft Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 9.8 mL. And since you are just starting into more expensive makeup I would definitely get some of the Sephora favorites sets.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing