Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2017

A place to share ALL Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.

It's almost that time of year again!  IIRC there were different threads in the past for deals pertaining to Black Friday and Cyber Monday???  Couldn't seem to see one for this year and since some deals are starting to show up I decided to start a thread.  If there's another please let me know. I will delete this one.

Re: BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2017

Melt Cosmetics

97116255-5e2e-4d0c-b661-18dd49fcbe62.gif

Nordstrom Exclusive - MAC Retro Matte liquid lipstick duo's (2 for the price of 1)

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 3.11.50 PM.png

Ciate London - On now

ee744e0f-c123-439f-b204-207e8a2ed539.jpg

^^^ On Ciate deal above ^^^

Use Promo Code “ IPSTER “ FOR ADDTIONAL 30% OFF! And no sales tax on my order 

Wow that's even better @PaletteAddict99! Thanks!

Yes it is!!! @veronika23 I used the ipster code a few weeks ago and bought 4 of the mini mani month nail polish sets for 30% off thinking that was a fabulous deal and when I saw this new $10 off add I decided to try the ipster code to see if it was still active and couldn’t believe it still worked!!! So of course I ordered 3 more to cost average 😉 LOL 

So now everyone on my list is getting a nail polish set for Christmas hahahaha 🙂

Huda beauty highlighters are 3 for $60

Pink sands, golden sands and summer solstice.for black friday on huda's site

Violet Voss - Starts TODAY at 10 AM PACIFIC

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 8.07.53 AM.png

More deals - Black Friday - Cyber Monday

• Huda Beauty will have different bundles for Black Friday one of them is a set of 3 highlighter palettes: Summer Solstice, Pink Sands, and Gold Sands $60 exclusively on their website
  • Cover fx Black Friday & Cyber Monday Get 25% off your entire purchase
  • Too Faced for Black Friday Buy any Better Than Sex Mascara and get a 2nd item for 50% off / buy any two Melted Lipsticks for $30 / any primer for $20.
  • Glamglow BOGO *use code: BOGO2017 / 35% off use code: BF35
  • Nyx Cosmetics 30% off your entire purchase in stores and online November 24 - 25
  • Urban Decay 25% off on everything!!!! + free shipping November 24 - 28, take 25% off / 50% off all Vice Lipsticks on Cyber Monday

EDITED

• Milk Makeup 3 Liquid Strobes for $30 / all kits for $10 on  $10 off the kits Cyber Monday as per @sabrinas's research THX!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 7.54.05 AM.png

@veronika23

OOO girl you a Boss now 😉 LOL! Anyways though, I actually found out that all Milk kits are $10 OFF, NOT $10 each!!! I thought it sounded too good to be true since some kits are around $40-$50 (maybe more, I didn't dig that deep), so I decided to search for more deets and discovered that in fact, it is $10 off their price :).  Still not a bad deal though!

Hahahah yeah! Awww thanks so much for the info @sabrinas!!! :). That makes way more sense!!!! Thx!!!

Ulta has beaucoup (lots of) offers Sephora doesn't seem to have much unless their hiding some.  I wonder if Sephora isn't really trying to compete?  Between the gwp's, lots of new brands, regular coupons, and reward system that actually works, Ulta is getting more and more of my money.

For me, personally, Ulta doesn't have any brands I use / would like to try, so their reward system or drugstore GwPs make no difference. 

I can agree on the free gifts and awesome reward system that Ulta has vs Sephora. However, I have been buying small items that are on the ulta GWP page that I have never heard of. Plus I open the box with my $190 order that included their sample bags which most of the time are useless items. So I have been left with tiny overpriced bottles of some brand I haven't heard of so that I can get the free gwp full of stuff I don't want. The Urban Decay beauty buy with $50 order is a joke! The last box I got with the metallic pink foldable case had good stuff but it doesn't justify me spending almost $200 including tax to get it. 

Another thing about Ulta and brands I want to try is that I know nothing about that brand. I bought cute unicorn inspired makeup for my middle schooler knowing she will like them. However, when I received the makeup from a brand called Makeup Revolution, the first thing I see is Made In China. Now I noticed more Made In China cosmetics from them. Not knocking anyone down or being a brand snob but my daughter has eczema and allergies. I want to be confident that what she puts on her skin is a quality product. I don't think that thr Chinese cosmetics companies are as strict with their manufacturing practices as the FDA or the European authorities. Plus some of these new brands are expensive and I can help her make better choices. Another thing,

Ulta's shipping takes forever to get to my house.

@Qteepiec I understand your concern since I have had eczema issues and flare ups can be horrible.  Not just itching but emotionally; the looks I got with the worst one were heartbreaking and I’m a usually tough skinned adult. I do think the makeup would be safe as long as it’s mineral based. I still won’t buy any makeup made or sold in China since they require animal testing. There are enough ethical brands to choose from. 

@Indy701 About 80% of the brands you buy in the US are also sold in China, including luxury brands like Tom Ford, YSL, Dior, Cle De Peau etc etc, you name it. Animal teating is required before any products hit the market, for the protection of Chinese customers. So, all these brands are tested on animals before they are allowed to enter China. Feel free to boycott all of them. 

On the other hand, there are no Chinese cosmetics brands currently sold overseas.

In a nutshell, you are very confused...

@RIslander I don’t buy those brands. I am not confused. I am very educated in what cruelty free brands exists and I only support those. This criticism is not directed at you, but you seem to think it is, only towards outdated testing requirements.  No county is perfect by any means but I will not put beauty over ethics as I have a choice. In china you don’t and that is sad. Hopefully that will change and you will have the opportunity to chose cruelty free as well. 

RE: Re: BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2017

You are entitled to your own bias. I also can’t help but point out the obvious: cosmetics, manufactured domestically or overseas, are subject to the same FDA standards. Each brand is responsible for its own quality control, regardless of which country manufactures it. If the quality of the products doesn’t meet your expectation, you should probably think twice about buying that brand. “Made in China/PRC” = “bad quality” is straight out discrimination and shows nothing but your ignorance. I had my eczema triggered by YSL and it’s “made in france”. Your logic doesn’t stand very well. Yes I’m Chinese and I’m offended by your “opinion”. For your benefit, I’ve attached official FDA response to questions like yours. Next time, do some research before you judge.

Re: RE: Re: BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2017

Thank you for your comment! It was very educational and eye opening for me. You are right, that is very ignorant to think that everything made in China is by default worse that those things made in USA or EU. I think what you do (educating the public) is extremely important. 

Re: RE: Re: BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2017

The FDA standards are great on paper but the reality is that they're a reactive not proactive agency. They don't actually do anything until a problem has been repeatedly reported and by then it's too late for people who've been harmed.

@Qteepiec I've noticed a lot more companies using China to manufacture their products.  Even the new huda obsessions palettes were made there.  Some companies now put "made in PRC" which is people's republic of China... there is definitely a greater chance for impurities in products made in China.  

1 Reply
testing