From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Around what time do you start Christmas shopping?

Do you guys think its too early to start Christmas shopping??

Im thinking to start soon because certain items have more chance to be out of stock getting closer to November.

Re: Around what time do you start Christmas shopping?

@Emy10  -  During high school and Uni I would have my shopping done by October. Beyond my immediate family I'd exchange gifts with a small group of close friends so I made a list and kept a budget.  It helped me plan and allowed me to enjoy the season.  

More recently I've been known to shop right up to Christmas eve and still be wrapping presents on Christmas morn.  I think the question as to when to start or stop shopping is up to the individual.  Yes, there are holiday releases and end of 3rd quarter hot new gadgets out there right now.  Typically, some of the best deals on gadgets/electronics is during Black Friday / Cyber Monday.  Retailers during the last two years have actually stretched sales throughout November to try to increase sales so that may be something to think about considering how many sales there have been already this year.  Websites like black friday dot com will post all the ads for Black Friday / Cyber Monday once they are either leaked or released.  

Holiday skincare and makeup releases are just starting to come out - Hourglass is one of the companies that releases theirs in September.  Most releases occur in October.  Many VIB / Rouge will wait until the November sale to pick up the releases so there is a high probability what is being released now will be in stock until at least early November.  If it is an item that has a lot of buzz and you worry that it will be sold out then for peace of mind you may want to pick it up before the holiday season starts.  

I hope that helps.  Happy shopping.

@Emy10 As an avid shopper, I have no set time to begin shopping. I normally pick up items throughout the year if I see something I think my family and friends would adore.  I love when there is a big sale at one my favorite place to shop, I always find something suitable.  I think its never to early to start. 😁

@Emy10  I don't have a planned start time. Usually I notice things throughout the year that might suit someone; could be December, November, June, or January. I'm a random "oooh, I wonder if [gift recipient] would like that" gift shopper. 

If I see something I think someone might like, I sometimes wait to buy it til a big sale, or until I've got plenty of banked points (via Nordstrom or Ulta's reward programs) to get them. That way, I can get afford even more gifts for people. 😂 

@Emy10 @I am always on a look out no matter what time or month it is 

@Emy10  I usually start when the fall sale is! 

@ather isnt the next sale only in November??

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing