From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Anybody recommend good sites/brands for good quality makeup brushes?

Hi all, I’ve been doing some serious homework and internet scouting looking for the best deals and selection of medium-high quality brushes. Does anyone have some suggestions? Kits don’t seem to be that much cheaper and apparently those seasonal themed brush kits that brands come out with are actually lower quality than the individual brushes! Thanks for all your thoughts!

Re: Anybody recommend good sites/brands for good quality makeup brushes?

@Cerise1234 I would suggest checking Sigma and BH Cosmetics for affordable, quality brushes. They always seems to put out daily or weekly sale promotions on their website. Luxie beauty is another brand I would also recommend. 

@Mrose251 I second the RT, Morphe, & Japonesque, if you c...

@Mrose251 I second the RT, Morphe, & Japonesque, if you can find the latter. (Ulta & Dermstore have both discontinued them, though I saw three left in Ulta yesterday that were bizarrely at full price.) I have two RT Setting Brushes, which are 2 for 1 at Ulta right now. I use one for powder powder in smaller areas rather than all over, as well as for highlighting, & blending in lavender undereye color corrector. I have eight Morphe brushes, mainly for blending shadow, liners, & cream or Colourpop shadows. I also just got one for undereye blending, but haven't tried it yet. All the Japonesque brushes & BB's I've tried have been above average, so if you see them in store, def check them out. 🙂

Re: @Mrose251 I second the RT, Morphe, & Japonesque, if you c...

@NatureGirlSD I agree that Japonesque does make some pretty superior products. Unfortunately, I had no idea Ulta stopped carrying their line. I bought a few of their slanted foundation and powder brushes several years ago when I was still freelancing and I was really impressed with how well they held up. 

@Cerise1234 I would suggest looking into Real Techniques, Morphe and Japanesque

Hi @Cerise1234. Have you checked out Real Techniques? I have nearly every single brush they've made and they're great quality! No shedding, soft, applies makeup beautifully. They're available in Ulta stores and on Ulta.com. At Ulta, there're a few complexion sets and eye sets that are discounted right now for around $14 and change for 3-5 brushes depending on the set. Not to mention, there's also a buy one get one free offer on the entire range going on right now! I hope this helps! 🙂

RE: Re: Anybody recommend good sites/brands for good quality makeup brushes?

@fogureskater007, thank you so much for the advice, I went with Real Techniques and with the sale at Ulta, it was so cheap! I like the tutorials and I think these will be a great starter set to learn with.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing