Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

reminisce

what was your first fragrance? do you still wear it? mine was baby phat golden goddess i was a sophomore in hs. i legit thought i was hot stuff lmao. im unsure if its still available but if so ill definitely repurchase to wear to lounge around.

RE: reminisce

Mine was Paris Hilton’s Can Can (It was 2008 lol) the first “real” perfume I bought was Marc Jacob’s Daisy I still wear it sometimes.

Re: reminisce

My first was L'Occitane's The Bergamote - Bergamot Tea! A refreshing and calming citrusy scent. I think it's discontinued now 😞

RE: Re: reminisce

that sounds really good

Re: RE: Re: reminisce

It was! May it RIP.

I do love L'Occitane's fragrances in general. Not overwhelming and doesn't make me sneeze 🙂

@mara312 Great question!  There were so many "firsts" for me.  My earliest recollection as a little girl was a bottle of Tinkerbell "perfume" from the 1980s.  I think at some point I had a bottle of "Sweet Honesty" from Avon that my mom had given me when I was six or so.

I remember as I got older (10 or so), I was excited to have a bottle of Coty's L'Effleur that I received as a gift.  And when I reached middle school, I thought I had made it b/c I had travel size bottle of "Navy" and a sample of what I believe to be BBW's "Gingham" or an earlier incantation of it.  I was going to start wearing "perfume" every day!  At some point I also got a bottle of "Charlie" which I thought was very grown up.  Then came wearing "Tabu" at 13 b/c my mom had liked that scent back in the day.

High school was filled with BBW body sprays!  I felt like one of the "in crowd" when I got my first one, although I can't remember what it was at all!

I think my first "real" purchase was Estee Lauder "Pleasures," which I still wear today.  I can't find anything that I like more, and I still get compliments.

The first one I tried was one that was my dad's: British Sterling.

The first one that I owned was: Piere Cardin Pour Monsieur. My mom purchased it for me.

The first fragrance I bought for myself was Michael Kors Very Hollywood. I had it for probably 6 or 7 years before I finally tossed it.

Do the old-school Victoria’s Secret mists and Bath & Body Works sprays count as fragrance? If so, Love Spell and Cucumber Melon were my jam 😄 And I almost forgot about Gap Heaven! If not, my first two fragrances were Clinique Happy and Tommy Girl, neither of which I use anymore. 

@tastelikewater, I totally remember the GAP perfumes 😄 Many of my friends wore them

RE: Re: reminisce

yesss cucumber melon is one of my favs! i would get the body butter from ELF when they carried stuff like that lol i wonder why they stopped lol

@tastelikewater Love Spell! I remember when everyone was using that! It was a war between Love Spell, Sweet Pea, and Japanese Cherry Blossom between me and my cousins/extended family. 😂

Aside from those body sprays we all bought as kids, I think the first one I remember purchasing was Calvin Klein Eternity. It is still available but I don’t wear it. I tend to be a 1-2 fragrance at a time kind of person so my scent for years now has been Chloé Chloé Eau de Parfum 4.2 oz/ 124 mL.

Also another one of my early fragrances was Baby Phat Goddess the one in the pink bottle! Thanks for the mention or I would have never remembered that. 

@mara312, great question! The first fragrance I ever got was cK One. I still love it. At the celebrity fragrance peak, I also liked Gwen Stefani's L. Sephora carried it at the time. Like cK One it is a "fresh" and "clean" fragrance. Unlike cK One, it is very obnoxious and smelling it today, I can't abide it.

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 38 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing