Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

"Salty" Fragrances?

One of my main focuses lately has been to find a trio of perfumes that I can use day-in, day-out, regardless of my mood, the occasion or the season. I have already found the perfect floral scent for me, and now I am trying to look for my second scent. 

I don't know if there are any or many fragrances out there, but I'm looking for a "salty" kind of fragrance... I don't quite know how to describe what I'm looking for- hopefully you get what I mean. I want something that isn't musky, but is more on the softer, feminine but bordering on gender neutral kind of scent?

Kind of like something perfect to pair with a chunky sweater, leggings and riding boots on a relaxing day out? 

EDIT: Now that I think about it, perhaps "cozy without being overall sweet" would be a better description for what I'm looking for? 

Re: "Salty" Fragrances?

Have you tried the Ariel fragrance? I got the rollerball and my first thought was salty, not that's actually salty but it's a little like sea breeze, a mild floral scent made less girly/sweet with that hint of "salty". Other than that I don't know. =X

Nope- I haven't tried it yet. I thought about it, but then I realized it was limited edition items- which I tend to avoid because it is the worst to get hooked on something, run out and be unable to repurchase it. Haha. 

I may still check it out, though, and use it until I can find another salty-ish fragrance. Smiley Happy 

True dat true dat. If you like salty fragrance, I would recommend identifying the couple of notes that are probably responsible and do a search on Sephora. For example, I like scent that are clean/calm, not sweet or spicy, so I search for "bergamot, wood, tea, mint" in Sephora, then rules out anything with sweet fruits or patroulli then check out the remaining options.

Oh my goodness- I didn't even think about doing that. I may just start spending my evening search for fragrance notes on here then. Thank you so much for letting me know about that!

burberry sport, glamour by moschino

I've looked into Burberry Sheer before, but not Sport. I'll definitely check it out next time I'm in Nordstrom. Thank you for the suggestion! Smiley Happy 

I think you should sample Parfums de Rosine's "Ecume de Rose." The rose and sea salt puts me in mind of sand dunes or little scraggly rose bushes clinging to a rocky beach. It's feminine but the faint "marine" feeling from the sea salt also makes it slightly gender neutral.

Does it have a very rosy note to it? Unfortunately, I don't do very well with rose-scented things; I think my nose is sensitive to those notes. 

Check out the Tokyomilk Dark line, I think they have some "salty" fragrances.  There are totally "salt" notes in the regular Tokyomilk line, but Sephora doesn't carry it... you have to go to the website.

Oh wow- I didn't realize they had so many different fragrances. I'll definitely sort through those tonight and see if there's any that catch my eye. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Has anyone tried Acqua di Gioia? From the description, it's hard to tell if it's the cozy/ salty fragrance that I'm searching for, or if it will be too sweet with the peony and jasmine notes. 

I absolutely LOVE Acqua di Gioia! I was just going to recommend this to you. My favorite fragrance for everyday wear. I don't find it too sweet it has more of a fresher scent. I always get compliments when I wear it, from men and women! You should be able to get a sample in store.

I love Acqua di Gioia, but I tend to use it in the spring/summer. For me it's very similar in mood to Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

I was thinking of Acqua di Gioia from your description.  I really like this.  I'm not sure if I think it's cozy; it's definitely fresh in my opinion and definitely not too sweet.

And definitely smell things on yourself -- to me this smells nothing like D&G's Light Blue.  I love Acqua di Gioia and I can't wear Light Blue (for some reason that smells like damp sweaters on me, I have no idea why).

Acqua di Gioia is dii-vine!  My favorite to wear of all time.  

Acqua di Gioia is fresh and watery, not what I think of as a cozy cool weather scent.  It is casual and easy to wear though.

My favorite for that is Gucci Flora. It can be expensive, but it's usually included in the Sephora Fragrance Samplers. That and Marc Jacobs Lola are my go-to fall scents

In an ipsy box I got Demeter Salt Air Perfume Oil, and I think it might be something you'd like. That fresh sort of water accord, with a saltiness to it and not a lot else to distract from that. 

Oh, and check out Acqua di Gio Pour Homme. I want to buy this for myself!

A resolutely masculine fragrance born from the sea, the sun, the earth, and the breeze of a Mediterranean island. Transparent, aromatic, and woody in nature Aqua Di Gio Pour Homme is a contemporary expression of masculinity, in an aura of marine notes, fruits, herbs, and woods.

Ooh... I think I stuck a sample of that in my husband's stache. 

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that uses men's colognes at times. Sometimes, nothing seems better than a sheer spritz of a masculine scent. Smiley Happy

31 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_4847514831598832034.jpg