Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

Worst perfume?

Ever make the mistake of buying a full bottle and ended up hating it?  I like all the perfumes I've ever bought (which are about 20) except SJP's Covet.  I thought it could work and bought it super cheap somewhere, but I can't stand the smell as it gives me a headache within 20 minutes.  What's your biggest perfume mistake?

Re: Worst perfume?

The worst 2 perfumes for me are curious by britney spears and the scent from paris hilton. I really do like some of the scents mentioned. I obsolutely love sinner by kat von d and light blue by dolce and gabbana.

I would have to say Red Door....but I cannot for the life of me remember who makes it????   I just think it stinks to high heaven....LOL

Elizabeth Arden Red Door, it smells like old beer....GROSS!

I strongly dislke Twirl by Kate Spade. It gave me a headache in an instant

Okay, so I started this thread and said that I didn't like SJP's Covet... but now I do!  Odd how these things happen. 

Worst perfume purchase was definitely Lolita Lempicka Fluer Defendue. The cherry-almond combo made me feel sick.

I hate Chanel No.5, and Kim Kardashian's perfume. 

I'm with everyone who's against Chanel No. 5.  The weird, old-lady powder smell.

I cant stand Chanel # 5....and anything Estee Lauder. I dont have a clue what the fragrance is but whenever I am in Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC, I  always wind up in the elevator with an old lady that has SO MUCH perfume on that it makes me physically sick....it has happened so many times and it seems to be the same smell......just awful!

Definitely Kim Kardashian's perfume! It smells like a mix of grass, dirt, and manure. I sampled it at a recent makeup trial show and I could not get the smell off of my clothes! I love Kim and all, but the perfume is horrendous!

Chanel NO.5 hands down, and deseo by jennifer lopez made me smell like a golden girl =000

Most recently...Bvlgari Omnia Cristalline...and Kenzo Flowers...way too synthetic

I would have to say SJP's Covet as well. I thought it was nice but after i bought it and started using it on a regular basis I relaized I really didnt like it. It now just sits on a shelf and looks pretty.

Happy by Clinique. First time I opened the bottle I got a migraine.

Highlighted

Pink Sugar is disgusting unless maybe you're 8 years old and like smelling like you bathed in candy - I couldn't believe adult women were commenting how much they love it!  Anything put out by Paris HIlton or Britney Spears is absolutely vile, but I never bought a bottle of it.

I wanted to like Thierry Mugler's "Womanity" so much... I love citrusy scents, and love the originality in the bottle - even if the 'brief' is a bunch of overblown poetic drivel. The first time I put it on, I loved the strange metallic-citrus top note, but now it makes me slightly nauseated every time I open the bottle. Oh well.  

Oh - I forgot Light Blue.  D&G's top seller is a dead ringer for Lemon Pledge! Ugh!

definetaley chanel no5 and lolita lempicka

It was Versace, Woman. I loved it for three days and then had to trash it. I didn't want to give it to anyone so I wouldn't smell it on them. I still cringe at the memory.
Great question! Smiley Wink

Some of these just didn't smell good on me and some of these gave me a really bad headache and some were both:

These ones gave me a headache and smelt bad on me:

-Clinique Happy

-ALL Britney Spears perfumes

-SJP Lovely

-Ed Hardy Love & Luck

-Mariah Carey Lollipop(i got a sample of all 4 scents-disgusting! way too sweet smelling, I guess lollipop was a dead giveaway)

These ones just smelt bad on me but didn't give me a migraine:

-Calvin Klein Euphoria(smell)

-Dior Midnight Poison(smell)

Here is a list of the perfumes that I have bought and hated....enjoy

Angel by Thierry Muggler
Definitely ended up hating Dior Addict!!!!
Very Hollywood by Michael Kors
Alien
Burberry
Caleche
Chanel no 5 eau premiere

Will add more if I remember them :-)

@phols: We must have exactly the same taste (nose? haha) because I despise every scent you mentioned on that list. Instant headache, every one -- especially Dior Addict. I also don't like Chanel No. 5 at all -- it's waaayy too heavy of an aldehydic floral for me :{

I personally don't use perfume.  This is because me and many other that I know are highly allergic to anything scented. I wish that Sephora stores didn't smell so much like perfume. If there was less perfume, I would be able to shop for longer in Sephora stores and really look closely at all their products. I realize that many others like perfume, so I am just putting this information out so people know that others are allergic. 

Many perfumes I have purchased in the past later became regrettable.  For example, (these are from the 90's) Estee Lauder Pleasures, Clinique Happy,  Ralph Lauren's Safari, and Lauren, YSL's Paris.   Also, for some reason every thing I buy from Bath and Body Works or Victoria's Secret leads to disappointment for me.  

I got a sample size of BOYFRIEND perfume, and I'm still deciding if it's supposed to be for me or my boyfriend, because it says its for women , but it smells like an extremely stinky man. Smiley Very Happy

chivagirl13 wrote:

I got a sample size of BOYFRIEND perfume, and I'm still deciding if it's supposed to be for me or my boyfriend, because it says its for women , but it smells like an extremely stinky man. Smiley Very Happy

This one has to be the #1 on my "oh no" list!!! Or maybe #2... I have a very hard time finding a perfume, because whatever I put on, I end up smelling like a dead skunk on the side of the road 5 minutes later... The worst for me is Ralph (Ralph Lauren). My friend bought a bottle, and it smelled so good, I had to try it. Then, we left her house to go out and while we were in her car, something started to smell so bad, it made me want to vomit! Only to found out that I was the thing that smelled that bad!!