Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
Anonymous Insider

Which scents last all day?!

Anything similar to miss Dior blooming bouquet or Tory Burch original ( orange )

RE: Which scents last all day?!

You may find my reply a little weird, but here goes! I have always felt that my fragrances never lasted beyond me walking out the door! Like they scent would be gone in an hour or so! I would carry small bottles of it with me so I could refresh! Then I was very enlightened, by a total stranger one day in a store! A lady came up to me & said she had been following my fragrance all over the store to find me because she liked it so well & wanted to know where I got it! I told her &!thanked her then I said to my husband...I didn't think any one could smell me...I can't! Just then another lady walked by & heard me & she commented.."I can smell you!" I thought OMG! Do I reek? My husband told me that on occasion I do! The fact is, is that we all go "nose blind" after a while & think the fragrance has worn off when in fact it hasn't at all! It's just that we get use to the smell to the point where we can't smell it any more, but everyone else does! Some find this difficult to believe but we happen to have a chemist friend who is also a Micro Biologist & I got the info from her as well! So you need to be careful of buying stronger fragrances plus how much you apply! Or you just might offend someone & there are people who are extremely allergic to scents that people wear & there are people who get horrible migraines from people who wear strong perfumes. Try putting a little extra of your fragrances on a tissue and sticking it in your bra or dab a little on a neck scarf your wearing & it will last longer than on your skin! I've gone to bed on occasions w/ perfumes on & the sheets smell like it for days! But then my husband kinda likes that!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Which scents last all day?!

Have you tried DIOR
Poison Girl ($135 CAD)

Fragrance Family: 
Warm & Spicy 

Scent Type: 
Warm & Sweet Gourmands 

Key Notes: 
Warm Rose, Sparkling Neroli, Icy Orange 

About: 
Poison Girl is a floral gourmand that seduces with a fruity floral top note and the addictive base. A pairing of icy-cool and juicy oranges complement each other while armfuls of sensual flowers introduce a spirited hot and cold ambiance. Lastly, tonka bean and vanilla notes spread their sensual and bittersweet caress. 

What else you need to know: 
"Poison Girl Eau de Toilette makes the most of its effects. It's a suggestive composition that retains its tender charm but also throws out cutting remarks. It blows hot and cold."—Francois Demachy, Dior’s Perfume Creator

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing