Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans

What's Your Summer Scent? #SummerScent Challange

#SummerScent: 4 Reviews

I am simply elated! I embarked on my new passion in fragrance a year ago and my reviews seem to be catching the eye of some people at Sephora because just last week, I received a package in the mail and it was a gift from them! They wrote, “Thank you for being a fragrance enthusiast and a top participant in the Beauty Insider Community. Due to your helpful product reviews, we are thrilled to send you a few of our favorite summer fragrances from Commodity, Maison Margiela, Nest and Tocca. We’re a little bit obsessed and hope you will be too!” Included were 4 roller ball fragrances to review. I am so very grateful and appreciative for their recognition and gifts and without further a due here are my review…

Commodity Nectar #commodity #nectar

When Nectar was first introduced in stores, I didn’t pay much attention to it since other brands were also releasing fragrances with peach and fruity nuances. It wasn’t until summer was in full swing, I noticed this fragrance. It really grew on me. The more I wore it, the more I noticed the jasmine note. The jasmine really gives it great tenacity. Some interpret the scent of jasmine as a musty floral but I think there’s something really unique about jasmine and it how it blends with other notes. Needless to say, I love Commodity’s composition. It’s floral but still stands out from other floral scents. It’s youthful but sophisticated. I feel this is a feminine fragrance, age appropriate for anyone from their 20s upto 60s/70s and would definitely be appropriate for daily wear. I would love to draw comparisons to other fragrances but this composition is really a standalone fragrance. #summerscent

NEST Blue Wisteria #NEST #BlueWisteria

The opening notes of this fragrance are really “soapy”. It’s very clean smelling. When I interpret the majority of fragrances, I close my eyes and visualize a pyramid. Starting at the top of the pyramid, the top note being the one you smell the most at the beginning of application and then working down to the middle and base notes. When interpreting this scent however it’s very “linear” meaning it pretty much smells the same from the first time of application to the end of the day. I would categorize this scent as a ‘soapy floral’. If you like powdery, clean smelling scents that truly have that ‘bar of soap’ scent, you’ll love this.

Maison Margela REPLICA: Beach Walk #replica #beachwalk #maisonmargiela

The notes of this composition are challenging to discern, there’s a lot of notes to interpret. The opening of this composition is a bit floral, not sweet. After about 10 seconds, those creamy notes like ‘coconut milk’ start to push through. It’s not overly feminine, it’s very neutral, it’s not sweet or spicy. This composition reminds me a little bit of what a more sophisticated version of CK One would smell like. What’s great about this scent is it has fairly moderate tenacity. I highly recommend this for someone who is in the market for something more neutral smelling. Definitely, a work appropriate scent. #summerscent

TOCCA — Maya

After first application, the blackberry scent is really prominent. The composition is a bit sweet, a little bit powdery with a bit of a musky dry down. If you like anything from the Chloe franchise, you will most likely enjoy this fragrance as it is very reminiscent of their trademark, white floral, vanilla, musk blend.

What are your go to summer scents?

Re: What's Your Summer Scent? #SummerScent Challange

Hi @TorontoISTA,

What a great gift! 🙂 Thank you for all your notes on these. I haven't tested some of them yet so that info is super helpful! My summer go to right now is the TOM FORD Eau de Soleil Blanc Eau de Toilette Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.

-Mali 

Re: What's Your Summer Scent? #SummerScent Challange

Thanks for readig and commenting!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing