Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What perfumes or perfume brands do you wish Sephora would carry?

I would pick Donna and Acqua Donna both by Valentino

What perfumes or perfume brands do you wish Sephora would carry?

Ameriage

RE: What perfumes or perfume brands do you wish Sephora would carry?

Armani Prive

Re: What perfumes or perfume brands do you wish Sephora would carry?

I'd sure love to see more cruelty free brands!  I know Sephora carries a few, but there are some fun ones out there I'd love to see Sephora carry.

Chanel Les Exclusifs, Imaginary Authors, Miller Harris

I just came across the Imaginary Authors brand, and I'm very intrigued.  I love the bottles.  I'd like to see Byredo and Diptyque at Sephora, too. 

Byredo

@EvelinB Demeter.  I've been wanting some single note scents for a while.  And I think they'd be good for scent layering, too.

RE: Re: What perfumes or perfume brands do you wish Sephora would carry?

Yes! I have a few of the Demeter singles. My favorites are Fairy Dust & Raspberry. Sunshine smells really good too

Lines I think could sell well at Sephora:

- Diptyque (I'd be surprized if Sephora is not actively pursuing this. It seems quite popular with influencers too)

- Penhaligon's (good price point, pretty and creative scents, heritage brand, appealing to more mature customers - it would just require a LOT of marketing)

- Le Labo (owned by Estée Lauder so I think the relationship would be easy to broker. Sephora might erode its niche caché too much but the bath products might work)

- Aesop (maybe a bit too expensive? More of a bath and body products line, I could see it being set up the way that Fresh is, where the scents are separated from the fragrance area and kept with the brand)

Lines I would love to see/have the size to meet Sephora's massive market but I do not think Sephora is the right retailer for:

- Frédéric Malle (another Estée Lauder acquisition... but I suspect Malle would rather set fire to his company than see his fragrances in Sephora)

- By Kilian (again, another house in Lauder's stable. I suspect the price point is too high and lacks the brand recognition of TF or the cult status of Le Labo)

- Byredo (I think their products would be really appealing to Sephora customers but get the sense they are trying to aim for a higher end market and a relationship with Sephora would be viewed as damaging to the brand)

- Roja Dove (far too $$$$, would perform very poorly, scents are too classical/rich)

- Comme des Garcons (maybe some of the scents could work but overall, they are a little too out there for Sephora's clientele - I can't see scents like the Original CdG, the Incense series etc. performing well)

- Nasomatto (even if they were owned by a major conglomerate, the frags are too strange and too expensive)

I would love to see Penhaligan's too!

@pocketvenus Sephora does sale Comme Des Garcons. I love the rest you have listed. 

@Samtian

Thanks for the head's up about CdG! It seems they don't carry the scents I thought wouldn't fit in them so I don't see any of my favourites 😛

Le Labo Jasmin 17 is my favorite perfume ever!  I wear it just about every single day, I don't wear it maybe 3 days in a month?  And it's only fragrance I've found that actually smells like a genuine Plumeria flower, although it's marketed as Jasmine.

My fragrance purchases would go up exponentially if Sephora carried Le Labo.

@pocketvenus I would love to see Diptique and Byredo as well. And I agree with you on Byredo - they are trying to aim for luxury market - by not being available in lots of stores they are super exclusive and that's creating the "hype" around them. I wanted to smell them in person before ordering and the closest store that carry the line is like 50 miles from me...

@pocketvenus that's actually great idea! I'll try that👍🏻

@katkapivarci

Sometimes if you contact an SA they might send free samples. I've not tried that with either Byredo or Diptique but it's worth a shot!

RE: Re: What perfumes or perfume brands do you wish Sephora would carry?

I would LOVE to see Byredo and Comme les Garçons sold at Sephora!

Count me in with the Byredo and Diptyque! I also would love to see Kilian sold, especially the discovery sets. 

Le Labo, Byredo, Diptyque, more of the Bond No. 9 scents (does Sephora even carry any of them anymore?), Serge Lutens, Frederic Malle

@seaofcowards you have exactly what my list would be! What is your favorite Bond No 9 scent?

Conversation Stats
testing