Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

i've had nutmeg and ginger for a couple years and have been milkkkking the last bits of it. it's special.

I just added these to my Nordstrom wish list yesterday. I think these will be in my purchase next time there is a good GWP. They are all my favorite spices!

This sounds lovely!  I'm in the process of putting together an order from Surrender to Chance (I need to do research for a new fall fragrance or 3), so I'm putting these on my list of possibilities.

I really love this combination. If you have a Nordstrom near you, the JM counters are usually very generous with samples. You should ask for these two!

Unfortunately the nearest Nordstrom is a pain to get to, so I'll just pay a few dollars to get them from Surrender to Chance.  I do need to get there eventually though!

Jo Malone London Mimosa & Cardamom. I'm living on samples until I crack open my full size Smiley Very Happy

I need to smell this so bad. 😮 right now I'm lusting after Wood Sage & Sea Salt!

Tory Burch Absolu. It is soft with sandalwood and cedar, I think. I seem to be drawn to anything with cedar or amber. 

Visited a local niche fragrance boutique that just opened, and I have L'Artisan Parfumeur's Safran Troublant on one wrist and CB I Hate Perfume's Burning Leaves on the other... and I can't stop sniffing either of them. 

Today I am wearing my sample of Atelier Mandarin Glacial layered with my sample of Atelier Cedre Atlas.  Strangely enough, the two scents together remind me of the drink from the 80s that my grandma always had for us. I think it was an orange powder called Tang that you had to mix with water.  They always made fun of the stuff on 'That 70s Show'  LOL  So the two scents together remind me a bit of my childhood.  I actually placed orders for full size bottles of both scents 🙂

A great combo!  I get people asking what I'm wearing whenever I have those two on.  Cedre Atlas is also amazing with Coco Mademoiselle!

Really?  I have never thought to pair it with Coco Mademoiselle, but I am still fairly new at layering fragrances.  I'll have to give that combo try.  I like playing around with my fragrances and seeing what I come up with, but I am also open to any suggestions 🙂

Today it's Histoires de Parfums 1804.  

Mocha, you need to tell us about these!

GPL, sorry, I just saw this!

1804 is an interesting tropical scent.

At the beginning it is super ripe, juicy pineapple, like so juicy you would swear you were eating it.  Once that dies off a bit (15-20 min) it is a lovely soft white floral blend, but the gardenia is the bit that sticks out to me.  Would be a great summer scent.  

I've been looking for a lively pineapple scent, and I think I found it.  

using my sample of miu miu that i received from neiman marcus. loved the opening and the dry down (bubbly jasmine followed by a peppery layer). the base is pretty much all patchouli for me, and is lasting a long time in this mode. this aspect is a letdown for me since i prefer my scents to have more opening layers and development at the base.

with that said, i am still tempted to purchae this in its 30 mL size just to have the artsy bottle.

Wearing a sample of Marc Jacobs Decadence that I got in my Sephora order. I like it, it reminds me of something familiar...

I hate the bottle but I might buy a rollerball of it

d

I got the card, too, in my order that just arrived.  I this the bottle is cute! I'm so surprised I don't hate the fragrance as none of the MJ fragrances seem to work for me (except the original).

i love the original MJ as well and dislike all the rest of his perfumes. how does this compare to his original MJ? is this a perfume one can wear during the day and throughout the day, or is this more of a "going out/evening" scent?

It's cute, but a little too cute for me if that makes sense haha. I agree about the fragrance! I feel like MJ has just been making too many sweet/floral scents lately and this is a really nice change of pace

Jealous that you got a sample! I so want to try it.

2,358 Replies
testing