Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Because you were totally looking for trouble and have excellent taste :P.

I would request samples/decants and wearing each fragrance for at least a couple of days before taking the plunge. My first ever Tom Ford fragrance purchase was a couple of years ago and it was Rive d'ambre. Honestly, once I got it home, I didn't like it at all. So just some words of advice, since TF fragrances are definitely an investment :).

yes, he offered to sample them once I was down to a couple I was interested in.  I wore tobacco vanilla all night yesterday and It wore very well. I definitely am going to go back to try those 3 I think.  Rive d'amber was so brilliant at first (I love the crisp, high citrus notes), but I do need to see how it wears on me. 

Tobacco Vanille is a really nice one that wears well for a variety of people (and both genders) :). I'm wondering if that is exactly why I didn't like Rive d'Ambre when I got home - that the spicy I had originally liked became overpowered by the citrus? And I'm not a citrusy kind of girl. Oh well, keep us posed on what you end up with :).

for sure, ill likely go back next friday on my next day off.  i continued to like tobacco vanilla the rest of the evening so thats high on my list, but of course I need to try it more than once to be sure. 

Diptyque Volutes Eaux de Toilette

from the site: 

Fresh Spices, Everlasting Flower, Blond Tobacco, Honey -

An elegant boat crossing from Marseilles to Saigon. The atmosphere is full of honeyed Egyptian tobacco, spices gleaned from the ports along the way, and a touch of iris. Myrrh, everlasting flower, and styrax complete the sense of exoticism.

volute100v1_1.jpg

Anonymous Insider

ah...i've been loving diptyque candles so much...do you happen to know if any of their perfume smells like violette candle? any diptyque experts here?

I really want to try Diptyque fragrances! I've only smelled the in store, and my nose was so confused. I liked 80-90% of what I was smelling, but I lost track of which ones those were :P.

This one sounds really nice!

As soon as I identify what I like, I take a photo of the label. I've also found that sniffing the coffee in between samples is helpful. I typically do my buying at Nordies and they are usually pretty generous with samples.

That's where I was! The 2 times i've gone though, the "regular" Diptyque SA wasn't there, so I didn't get a fragrance sample the first time. The second time, the SA just kept trying to steer me to Tom Ford...

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan....I'm really picking up the incense in it today.

Wearing a spritz of Jo Malone 'Nutmeg & Ginger' layered over L'Occitane Revitalizing Roll-On (a citrus & rosemary essential oil blend).

That Revitalizing Roll-On sounds interesting. Will have to stop by the L'Occitane boutique on Monday. *yes, enabled*

Today is Tom Ford Amber Absolute.  It's so strong and so amazing.  

Today I am also wearing Tom Ford Fleur de Chine 😄

Something about it reminds me of my mother.

Well, I've made up my mind I don't care for Fleur de Chine.

However, I've surprisingly fallen in love with Champaca Absolute, which is a very not me fragrance.  😮

I have not tried Champaca Absolute! Is it a floral?

Yes.  Champaca is apparently related to magnolias somehow.  

But all the vanilla, amber and boozy cognac notes in it balance that for me.

Ooooh interesting! I'm going to have to give that one a try :).

Today I am trying out Tom Ford's Fleur de Chine. Got a sample of this yesterday when I visited the TF counter. I like it so far, and will need to try this several more times to decide. Battline a minor cold, plus we are having a warm spell where I live. I want to see how this scent unfolds in colder weather conditions!

Forgot to wear Amber Absolute today, and instead tried my first Etat Libre d'Orange fragrance - Fat Electrician. I don't like the name, but I do like the scent. Makes me think of a cold December night :).

I want a Fat Electrician.

2,358 Replies
testing