Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@angel7594, Ontario peaches are really amazing right now so I'm just trying to match 🙂 🍑🍑🍑

The first one arrived today, and it is really nice! Vetiver by Guerlain. Much better than TF Grey Vetiver.

@Vmaster, I prefer the Guerlain as well.

Yesterday, I wore Bombay Bling by Neela Vermeire. It opens up with a sunny green mango accompanied by a soft, dense aura of spices and florals. It's vibrant and cheerful and not in a forced or naive way. As the scent dries down the cumin picks up a little bit as well as an ultra creamy sandalwood.

Today it's 4160 Tuesday's Lady Rose Lion. A garage band cover of Mitsouko 😉 A lot of the 4160 Tuesdays feel a bit fuzzy and shoegaze-y to me.

Monday's SOTD is L'Envol de Cartier by Cartier

The weather is just slightly cooler today so I jumped at the chance to wear Slumberhouse's Kiste, an intensely syrupy peach scent that dries down into a gentle tobacco.

After all the Kilian chit chat on the Perfume Central thread, yesterday I wore Kilian's Extreme Oud, which is a richer, creamier version of the raspier Pure Oud. It's so good ❤️ Today it was Etat Libre's Jasmin et Cigarette.

71b773_lbox

KENZO World today.  A nice floral, definitely some jasmine in it, but with an earthy, kind of masculine undertone.  

I've been gravitating towards my more gender neutral fragrances lately -  this definitely fits into that category.

Today I wore an older Shalimar parfum by Guerlain. A wonderful, slightly powdery Oriental. This evening I will be wearing Fils de Dieu by Etat Libre d'Orange.

I love Fils de Dieu, it is my current sample I'm working through right now.

@Vmaster, I was totally debating wearing Fils de Dieu today! I ended up spritzing Premier Figuier. So wonderfully green and three dimensional 🙂

@pocketvenus In an odd way, Fils de Dieu feels like it is...

@pocketvenus In an odd way, Fils de Dieu feels like it is perfect for hot weather.

Today I'm wearing Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee which I've waxed poetic about in the past.  There's something so comforting about it to me that I actually gasped a little when I found it in my bag, meaning I could wear it.  

Official notesLime, Cedrat, Coriander, Jasmine, Vetiver, Oak Moss, Vanilla, Oak Wood, Amber. Style: Magical. Evocative. Electric.

My notes: A warm hug from a slice of key lime pie.

@michelleshops, that sounds really delicious

This sounds like  a great scent - I especially like your notes 🤗 @michelleshops

Chloe Nomade today.

A nice earthy floral, feminine but hedging towards gender neutral.  When I wear this, my hubs often asks me if I borrowed his cologne.

This is a great scent for people that prefer subtlety. It's hard to be heavy handed with it because it's pretty mellow.

Chloe Nomade is a new favorite of mine.  I actually purchased the purse spray after testing the sample because my uber-picky husband liked it so much.  I love all your points @RachFace2921, it's subtle but not so much that it seems to disappear. 

Because it feels like the ashphalt is melting outside, I'm wearing Bruno Fazzolari's Lampblack again, a super smoky, burning-rubber scent with a hit of citrus

I am FINALLY breaking out the Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey.  My good friend gave me this bottle as a birthday gift at the end of last year, but the scent was all wrong for the winter months.  It's perfect for July, though! 

From their product page: "Inspired by London's Covent Garden early morning market, this fragrance combines succulent notes of nectarine, peach, and cassis with delicate spring flowers that melt into a note of acacia honey. The result is a sweet and delightfully playful fragrance." 

I have just started to get into JM scents. She has all so...

I have just started to get into JM scents. She has all sorts of different ones... Pomegranate noir is a little more of a cold weather fragrance in my opinion - and is longer lasting. I also really like 154- a very unique one that is hard to describe and also has good lasting power. Next I would like to try Dark Amber ginger lily and Jasmine Samborac as well as Wild Blue bell, wood sage, and black cedarwood. I like blackberry bay but it doesn't seem to have much longetivity which I have heard is an issue with some of her scents. I was not too crazy about Lime Basil or Earl cucumber or red roses (it's very very rosy). It's so much fun to experiment!

Hi RaquelBT - I just read that description - I might have...

Hi RaquelBT - I just read that description - I might have to add that to the list to try- it sounds like a nice summery fragrance. I tried my sample of Wild blue bell today- it's pretty but did not last too long. I do enjoy trying different scents. What are some of your favorite fragrances?
2,358 Replies
testing