Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I got on COMMODITY - Mimosa. I love this as a late summer transition to fall citrus. The staying power is great, I put it on like 9 hours ago and it's still going strong. But not like "Ooh that's strong." You know what I mean. 

I am wearing Jo Malone Wild Bluebell today. I forgot how much I love this one, and I really should wear it more often. ❤️

Notes- bluebell, persimmon, white musk

JO MALONE LONDON - Wild Bluebell Cologne

08C98AFC-4987-429C-B39A-3184BA3D90EB.jpeg

Today I’m lounging around home enjoying cooler weather, it was the perfect day to test out MAISON MARGIELA - ’REPLICA’ By The Fireplace Travel Spray.

I’ve been looking for something warm and unique to wear for cold fall and winter days, and this is perfect! Upon spritzing, I’m greeted with warm spicy notes of clove that sweetens as the  gourmand scents of chestnut and vanilla become more apparent. Together these notes create a cozy, snug atmosphere that brings feelings of calmness and joy. It’s strong without being overwhelming and really holds its scent. I’ll be using this one all season long. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sweet, warm, endearing fragrance.

@bakeamuffin, so glad you found something that you'll love all season 🙂

Thanks @pocketvenus, it’s great to have a go-to scent 😊 

Today I'm wearing Jo Malone London Tropical Cherimoya Cologne 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

I got a sample in store on Monday.  I stink at descriptions, but I really like it!  I own so many perfumes that I'm not buying it now, but it would be good for next summer.

I am wearing Philosophy Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere. This is a beautiful and comforting scent, perfect for transitioning to fall. It smells like a whipped vanilla buttercream, but it’s not sweet or artificial. That’s toned down by a musky sandalwood. Really really lovely. 

I have honestly been so impressed with Philosophy’s updates to their classic scents. Amazing Grace, for example, is one of their most famous, but I found it too powdery. The updated Amazing Grace Ballet Rose is one of my FAVORITE rose fragrances. Pure Grace Nude Rose is another fantastic improvement. Ballet Rose is more sparkly, Nude Rose is more floral and musky. All three can fit in anyone’s fragrance wardrobe. The only one not available at Sephora is the one I’m wearing today, Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere. I got that at Ulta. 

PHILOSOPHY - Amazing Grace Ballet Rose Eau de Toilette

PHILOSOPHY - Pure Grace Nude Rose Eau de Toilette

My fragrance today is Pinrose Lil' Dipper. One of my favorites. Notes are peony, mandarin petals, creamy sandalwood.

PINROSE - Lil' Dipper

Today I'm wearing a sample of GUCCI - Bloom Acqua di Fiori Eau de Toilette For Her

I find it opens with what I associate as "old lady" perfume (sorry), but the florals become more delicate as it dries. It turns into a very fresh scent with light, sweet florals. I really like it, but sadly, the wear time is pretty low (maybe 4 hours). I won't buy it for that reason.

Happy Tuesday! Today I am wearing Norne by Slumberhouse. A forest-scented fragrance that reminds me of the Cascades in the Pacific Northwest.

@Vmaster, nice pick!

Monday and the vacation is over, so it's back to work for me. I am wearing Baque by Slumberhouse.

It was CdG's Kyoto again for me today 🙂

@Vmaster, how's your foot healing up?

@pocketvenus It is healing slowly but surely. The bruising is not as dark as it used to be. I am keeping my toes wrapped together for at least another week. I appreciate you asking! ❤️ 

I like Kyoto a lot! Avignon is nice, but I have yet to find a good time or occasion to wear it. It sits there and collects dust.

Glad to hear you are on the mend @Vmaster! ❤️

Yes, Avignon is not the easiest to wear. Kyoto is the most versatile of the incense series to me although I also like Avignon and Jaisalmer 🙂

The shimmering heat today calls for the light and aromatic Fils de Dieu 🙂

47741.jpg_width=400&404=product

The weather called for rain so I'm curled up with a book and the gentle milky rose of Neela Vermiere's Mohur 🌹

I am wearing Clean Reserve Skin, I love the salted praline and musk notes in this. Perfect balance of fresh and warmth.

CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Skin 3.4 oz/ 101 mL

I'm wearing CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Sel Santal 3.4 oz/ 100 mL today. To me, it smells like fresh air and sandalwood.

I've read that it smells like Le Labo's santal 33, but I haven't personally smelled that one yet, so can't confirm.

I love it though!

@elise222, I would say Santal 33 is much more leathery. Its opening is pretty different to me. Having said that, Santal 33 dries down into this dense clean musk on me so maybe they become more similar?

2,358 Replies
testing