Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@moxiepancakes, nice! Mojave Ghost is easy to like.

It's a good one and the only one in the set I had tried before. 

i received as a gift today MON PARIS by YvesSaintLaurent ❤and Michael Kors Sparking Blush❤

Going to a holiday party tonight so it is definitely Serge Luten's Fille en Aiguilles tonight

42578639_967139636809493_8583580928625793158_n

Donna Karan Cashmere mistDonna Karan Cashmere mist.Donna Karan Cashmere mist.

@majka81lovely photo ❤️

Today I'm wearing L'Artisan Parfumeur's Timbuktu

375x500.1267

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

my 2 favorites are dolce and gabbana light blue and victoria’s secret scandalous

What part of today are we discussing? lol Earlier it was The Fifth Veda. Now it's Gucci Guilty Absolut.

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Me too, I love perfumes and I always buy my boyfriend colognes.

Wearing Jazmin Sarai's Otis and Me. I really like it and wish it lasted longer...

Today I'm wearing Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Davana Cologne. It smells amazing and its long lasting. 

Hi Beauties! Today I am wearing COMMODITY - Nectar- It's my new fresh scent go to. 🙂

-Mali 

Happy Monday Beauties! Today, I am wearing NEST New York Indigo Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, and I absolutely LOVE this fragrance! The only downside is that it doesn't always last the entire day, so I use the DONNA KARAN - Cashmere Mist RollerballI keep at my desk to get me through the rest of the day. 

I have Indigo. It smells like tea to me.

I have Indigo. It smells like tea to me.

Happy Saturday,

Today I am wearing a beastly fragrance that, for some people, takes a few wearings to understand or get used to. Personally, I loved it from the get-go.

Jewel Blend by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

Notes: Oud, Amber, Flowers, Musk.

This is an animalistic fragrance that is a mukhallat (oil blend) which contains no alcohol. Due to being an oil, it is applied with a wand instead of being sprayed on. 1 Tola (12 ml) will last about as long as a 100 ml bottle, as one swipe to the wrist is all that is needed. From there you rub your wrists together, and dab it on your neck, and rub it up and down your arms. A little goes a long way.

I have noticed that most of the fragrance manufacturers from the Gulf say Amber in the ingredients but are actually referring to Ambergris. This oil is very dark red in color.

1496054128272.jpg

I really want to try an Oud fragrance. And this has Amber...

I really want to try an Oud fragrance. And this has Ambergris!

@Vmasterdo you think it's real ambergris??

@pocketvenus, Yes I do.

Jewel Blend's description is: "A blend rich in pure aoud oil with some amber magical droplets. It also includes the inscented touch of flowers and musk." Ambergris, like oud, is not cheap. Jewel Blend is $399 USD per tola but usually goes on sale for $200 USD.

One of their oil blends Aged Royal Amber Spirit, states in the description that it comes from whales. This one is $799 USD per tola, but is usually found on sale for $399 USD. The nice thing is there are various versions of Amber Spirit blends, where Aged Royal Amber Spirit is the most expensive and Amber is the least expensive at $53.33 USD per tola. This just means that there is less Ambergris in the cheaper blend. I participated in a sample pass on Basenotes and was able to smell the expensive stuff and it was awesome! It smelled like it was in a base of sandalwood oil, which from what I understand, is the norm.

Note: For anyone wondering, no whales are harmed in obtaining ambergris.  It is usually found floating on the water. The longer it has been in the sun, the whiter is gets. The "bleached" by the sun Ambergris is the most sought after by perfumers. It smells almost rubbery and "fleshy" for lack of a better term.

@Vmaster, wow I didn't realize there were perfumes that still had real ambergris! And a base of sandalwood, another expensive ingredient 😄

@pocketvenus, Manufacturers in the Gulf do not fall under EU laws and probably could care less about IFRA due to having a large following in the Gulf region. As far as I know, only Amouage (from Oman) follows those rules - probably to be able to sell in the EU without any restraints. I believe this is why they no longer manufacter the attars, as well as their major reformulation in 2011.

Rising Phoenix on Etsy (from Georgia in the US), uses authentic sandalwood as a base in their attars. They are no longer a member of the IFRA though.

Mysore sandalwood is still available in India but is mostly used within the country and is rarely exported, as it is being controlled by the government. Most real sandalwood, these days, comes from Australia.

2,358 Replies
testing