Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I am wearing a vintage fragrance:

Ho Hang Club by Balenciaga

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm debating between L'Artisan Parfumeur's Figuier Premiere or trying something new as I'm off to Nordstrom today 😄 Any requests? 😛

Happy Thursday!

Santos de Cartier Concentré
by Cartier742436.png

I am currently wearing the Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose Eau de Toilette. I am normally not a huge fan of rose however, this one smells amazing. I love anything with lychee/citrus it in and this one has some citrus notes:)

https://www.sephora.com/product/amazing-grace-ballet-rose-eau-de-toilette-P427744?skuId=2039006&icid...

❤️ Melissa

Today I wore one of my favourite CdGs, Kyoto. I had a huge function to attend and I find Kyoto to be pleasant and unobtrusive without being boring. It's an incense scent, but it's not a heavy smoke. There's a sheerness to it, and the woods impart a sense of cleanliness without being typically squeaky-clean citrus fresh. As I've another function tomorrow, I'll probably wear the same thing.

Great choice! Kyoto is my favorite from the CdG Incense line

It was a little cooler today, so I wore Etat Libre d’Orange’s Fils de Dieu. It’s a fantastic pseudo-gourmand, something of a summer counterpart to Like This. I’ve read people describing this as Thai curry-like and I don’t get this at all. There are no crisply fresh herbs, no rush of spices, no fiery peppers, no mouth-puckering tart tamarind, no fermented fish sauce. But it does center around rice! In particular, perfectly-done long-grain jasmine rice cooked with coconut milk in addition to water and an aromatic combination of flavours I personally love to use that includes cardamom, cinnamon, Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and ginger. This perfume definitely reminds me of this rich, yet fluffy rice dish and blends it seamlessly with gauzy florals. The gentle addition of the traditional oriental notes of vanilla and amber with a hint of animal musk rounds out its depth. Fils de Dieu also shares a similar texture to Like This. They both suggest to me a comforting, radiant culinary warmth that becomes fuzzy at the edges.

Also, wasn’t sure where to post this but I have to admit I have been guilty of visiting Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s website repeatedly just to listen to the background music the website plays. It starts off innocuously but then the following impressionist chord progressions are quite lovely. I discovered today that the MFK piano piece is in fact, an edited version of Ravel’s Pavane pour une infante défunte with the addition of a dance beat. This actually perfectly sums up how I feel about the MFK house. I like the fragrances in general, and there is something to them that begin with something quite lovely, but aside from Absolue Pour Le Soir, their most challenging bits have been edited out and replaced with a more modern and commercial, “easy listening” aspect. Upon hearing the original, the edited version sounds well, a little dreadful in comparison! But I have to admit, I still like both versions 😛

I could read your scent posts all day long @pocketvenus (even though I don't understand half the words!).  They're so poetic!

Aw, that's so kind of you to say, thank you @michelleshops! ❤️

Today was another muggy day in Toronto and the humid air had me reaching for Etat Libre’s Jasmin et Cigarette. The note of ashes almost instantly evapourated on me in the heat and all that was left was the jasmine. Normally this is a rich and leathery counterpart to the cigarette note but it became rapidly thinned out to a skin scent by the weather. What normally reminds me of a night home in a cab after last call in a club became more like wearing a sheer slip that clings to the skin... humidity is such a perfume killer!

Today I am wearing one of my top ten favorites. 

Safari Extreme

by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

It won the Fragrance of the Year award at the 2015, 6th Annual Arabia Fragrance Oscars.

Notes: Spicy notes, Citrus, Rose, Jasmine, Cedar Wood, Oud, Sandalwood and Vanilla.

71256_1.jpg

@Vmaster, you seem to enjoy a lot of ouds! May I ask which ones are your favourites?

@pocketvenus In no particular order: Russian Oud by Areej...

@pocketvenus In no particular order: Oud Zen by Areej le Doré, Russian Oud by Areej le Doré, Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi, ArabianLegend by Arabian Oud, Onekh by Bvlgari, Dehn Oud Ateeque by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi, Oud Flamboyant by Givenchy, Oud Wood by Tom Ford, Oud Wood Intense by Tom Ford (this one is leathery), Oud Palao by Diptyque, Kalemat by Arabian Oud, Sehr Al Kalemat by Arabian Oud, Oud Satin Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Khashab Al-Oud Heritage by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi, Woody Intense by Arabian Oud, M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent, Jubilation XXV by Amouage.

Re: @pocketvenus In no particular order: Russian Oud by Areej...

That's quite a list @Vmaster! I'll have to think about my favourites. I like the new TF Oud Wood extreme but I've never tried it on my skin. The MJK ouds seem very elegant and more substantial than the Kilians (which I would also describe as elegant). Would love to try vintage M7!!

Favourite ouds

• TF Oud Wood
  • Kilian's Musk Oud and Pure Oud
  • MJK Oud

Runners up

• FM The Night
  • Ex Idolo 33

Though it is not oud, since you like MJK, may I suggest Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait? I was able to obtain a sample and it is a really, really nice fragrance - a bitter almond woody floral.

@Vmaster, thank you for the recommendation! I must admit that I have sniffed the tester for BR540 and was too scared to test it on my skin as fragrances tend to become quite sweet on me and this one already seemed very sweet from the get-go. I have a friend who swears by it though, she's obsessed! 😄 The next time I'm at a MFK counter, I will give it another chance 🙂

It's going to be swelteringly hot in Toronto today and for some reason, this put me in the mood for Nasomatto's Absinthe. It has an earthy, rooty quality to it but this is paired with high green top notes and a touch of coniferous freshness.

nasomatto-absinth-perfume-extract-unisex___13

i'm wearing what has maybe--maybe--usurped serge luten ambre sultan as my all time favorite (it's top 3, regardless). i hoarded samples of this ever since its launch in 2010. a bottle recently came back into my life a few months ago. primary notes of galbanum, incense and boxwood, with a bit of jasmine and musk too--it's very chic in its 'greenness' but the incense brings that hint of mystery i love in a fragrance too.

maison martin margiela (untitled)

beauty-products-perfume-2011-maison-martin-margiela-untitled-perfume.jpg

Good to see you again here @jemly! I love green scents. I tried this one awhile ago and recall it being light and green and a little off-kilter in a good way.

Happy Weekend!

My scent of the day is a vintage fragrance:

Luciano Pavarotti

by Luciano Pavarotti

375x500.13856

2,358 Replies
testing