Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today - Maison Margiela REPLICA Whispers In The Library 3.4 oz/ 100 mL  I was greeted with a somewhat headache inducing sweet vanilla and camphorous wax opening.  With that similar balmy, waxy note employed in MMM Replica Lipstick On. 10 minutes in pepper emerged which helped balance out the sweetness.  It wasn’t until an hour in that the notion of books and whispers of anise (I do not see this note listed) push forward ever so gently, oscillating between the vanilla and woods.  It’s the muted offspring of Lipstick On and By the Fireplace.... without the powdery and smoky elements.  Longevity is pushing 8 hrs on me, lingering.  Projection is moderate, about arms length.   I will need to try this one a few times to fully appreciate the whispers they intend to evoke.  

First impression:  I wish the paper was more evident. I’m not blown away, but it could be one of those ‘multiple listens’ sort of piece.  I think this will become a Replica favorite for a wide range of people, and I can see it worn in all seasons, notably most autumn. 

Felt like I needed to start the week off strong, so went for Nasomatto's Black Afgano today. Burning rubber dry smoke married to a sticky, tarry sweetness. Take no prisoners!

profumo-da-uomo-black-afgano-naso-matto

Issey Miyake Absolute Gold for me today.  I don't wear it often, but it's nice for summer occasionally.

It took several attempts to get my phone to stop autocorrecting that to 'Missy Miami'.  LOL

Hiram Green's Dilettante today, a sunny orange blossom/petitgrain fragrance

375x500.39476

Today I am wearing a new acquisition, Dior Dior Homme Cologne 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

a citrusy-fresh fragrance. Not bad. 

Normally I am one that does not wear "freshies" all the time, but decided not to limit myself this Summer.

I have also ordered Mercedes-Benz Cologne from ebay which, from what I have read, has a lot of similarities with Dior Homme Cologne but is still a different fragrance.

@Vmasterof the freshies, do you have some favourites or are they just not your thing?

@pocketvenus  I do own and enjoy some freshies, but do not find myself wearing them as much as my darker/heavier fragrances, which is where my passion lies. 

The list below is in order of how much I enjoy wearing them. I normally wear these during the warmer Spring and Summer months, except for L'Homme de Coeur and Acqua di Gio Profumo which I wear year-round: 

1. Gentleman Secret by Arabian Oud - Citrus-aromatic-fresh 

2. Eau Sauvage by Dior - fresh-chypre 
3. Acqua di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani Fresh-aromatic-salt water aquatic 
4. Silver Mountain Water by Creed - green-citrus-fresh 
5. Dior Homme Cologne by Dior - citrus-fresh (NEW)
6. L'Homme de Coeur by Divine - woody-aromatic-fresh 
7. Bvlgari Man Extreme - fresh-citrus 

8. Bvlgari pour Homme by Bvlgari - fresh-woody 
9. Eau Parfumee au The Vert by Bvlgari - green-citrus-fresh-aromatic 
10. Declaration L'Eau by Cartier - Citrus-fresh 
11. Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma - fresh-citrus-fruity 

@Vmaster That’s a pretty robust list regardless! 🙂 I think my favourite is maybe Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie, not sure if that counts as a freshie?

@pocketvenus  Thank you. Until the Mercedes-Benz Cologne shows up next week, those are the only fresh fragrances that I own, 

The Malle website describes Angeliques Sous La Pluie as: 

"A watercolor sketch of angelica flowers tinted with spots of juniper berries, pink pepper and bergamot, on a vibrant base of cedar and white musk. Nuances of purple and grey bleed into one another inaccurately, as if blurred by the rain, in a fragile picture of dewy, spicy freshness." 

So, spicy-fresh.

@VmasterOh, in that case, I like a few freshies in the summer! We don't really use that term here on BIC, I wasn't sure if it meant there had to be a citrusy character.

Penhaligon's Lothair, 4160 Tuesday's Ealing Green, and Heretic's Dirty Ginger all come to mind, all light and fresh!

I’ve been ripping through a sample of Loewe aqua Miami Beach.  It’s described as gender neutral and a floral woody musk.  I’m in absolute love with it for everyday wear.  It’s somewhat sweet but not sweet at the same time.  

I wish I could say that it has a long wear time but it doesn’t.  I need to reapply midday. 

Back to my old ways with Bel Ami. Unlike this gentleman, I wore Bel Ami with a summer dress and heels. Lasted very nicely even though it's an EDT.

926465-800x800

I wore Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume 3.3 oz/ 100 mLtoday.  After trying this on my skin last year, I skimmed over it.  Then as I walked into the hallway at work last week, I was drawn to an applicant that smelled so good.  It smelled like dusty vanilla and amber on her.  I was surprised when she said it was JHAG Not a Perfume.  I decided to give it another chance.  Unfortunately, it did not have the same effect on my skin.  It smells mineralic, slightly aquatic, and woody.  At the hour dry down, it smelled like a watered down version of D&G Light Blue.  This is not my for me.  As a test, I sprayed Glossier You I’ve it to see if the Cetalox would extend or intensify the Glossier.  As of now, either I’m anosmic or it’s not enhancing it.  

Had a meeting today that required walking in this sultry weather so wore an earthy masculine with a green edge today, Malle's Bois d'Orage (aka French Lover)

BGC4MJS_cu

Anonymous Insider

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Hermès eau de merveilles. Best perfume I swear. Well in my opinion lol. Very strong one spray lasts all day Notes of orange and oak

Re: RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Oak is one of my favorite notes.

Wore Hiram Green's Moon Bloom again. I really like this as it's a little different everytime you wear it. Today I picked up a hint of leather.

Went to a summer formal, someone gave me a decant of Dior Addict and this seemed like the perfect affair to pull that one out. I got a lot of compliments on how I looked but no one said anything about the fragrance. But it did make me feel like Cinderella 

Dior Dior Addict Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Today I am wearing Carolina Herrera Good Girl Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

My cousin gave me a deluxe sample a few years ago that I have been holding on to and I finally bought a bottle for myself. I love this fragrance and I always get compliments when I wear it. I recommend it to everyone!

I think this fragrance is so much fun.

I agree! It's one of my favs! @howconnie 

testing