Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Miss Dior.  I need a really light fragrance or my allergies go crazy, and this is one of the few I can wear these days.

Today it was Heretic's Dirty Ginger. I looked at the ingredients list and wow, it's almost entirely natural oils yet it has decent staying power, like an EDT. Also, it maintains its spicy bite in the drydown.

Dirty-Ginger-Product

Oooo, do tell me more, @pocketvenus ! I've been wanting to try this one for quite some time now, but somehow I haven't ( I was planing to go to Twisted Lily all summer long... but it is just so out of my regular way/s, I still haven't managed to drag my behind there... One day. One day I'll make it there! 😄 ) Le sigh. Maybe I should just order me a sample...

@lyravega, it's a linear, transparent scent that I would describe as easy except it has cumin which I know more some is a deal breaking note. Clove and pepper also heat the ginger up. It fades to a skin scent more quickly than say, the classics, but then lingers for ages.

I TOTALLY recommend a visit to Twisted Lily. It's a gorgeous space and the selection is thoughtful. Tip: if you get Eric behind the counter, plan a lot of time. He does not rush anyone so you may have to wait for assistance but it is worth it.

Wearing L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha, one of my favourites by Duchafour ❤️ It's an EDT, but it's almost 11 hours later and I can still smell it.

o.40262

I bought a friend CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Skin 3.4 oz/ 101 mL as a birthday present, (her birthday hasn't happened yet) but then when we were shopping together, she pointed out a perfume she really likes. When I got home, I decided to order that one for her.

So.... I kept the CLEAN Skin for myself, and I am in love with it! It has a sweet vanilla/caramel scent to it, but it smells grown up and sophisticated to me. It's quite warm and feminine which is perfect for the cool weather we've been having.

I wore Ralph Lauren's Woman over the weekend.  I had originally planned to wear it for the next couple weeks, but the first time I wore it I couldn't stand it, so I threw out the sample instead.  It's a floral, and I don't ordinarily like florals, but I figured I'd give it a try since there are a couple florals I like (JHG Lady Vengeance and Kate Spade's Live Color Fully).  Also, it smelled rather nice in the bottle, but I guess it wasn't designed for my body chemistry because it didn't smell so hot on.

This morning I dug out a Juliette Has a Gun sample: Anyway.  Interestingly, after looking it up online, this one is classified as a floral as well, but it smells more subdued, so I like it better.  This one smells good enough that I'll finish up the sample rather than throw it out, but not nice enough for me to want to buy the full size.  Once it runs out, I'll be done with it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/woman-eau-de-parfum-P421717

https://www.sephora.com/product/anyway-P395305

Encens Divin

by Givenchy

It's Ambre Tigré with more depth.

GIVENCHY - Encens Divin

Ombre Leather was my choice for this chilly Sunday, with warm and

spicy notes of Jasmine Sambac, Black Leather, and White Moss I could resist it! CB7B4924-C537-4BDF-985F-88F56260FD78.jpeg

CdG's Jaisalmer today, a spicy incense

cdg-jaisalmer-incense-series-3_comme-des-garcons-parfums_beauty_storm_8

I have Kat Von D's Saint on, since I realized from experimentation earlier in the year that I don't like this scent once the weather gets cold.  But when the weather's warm, this is one of my two favorites.  The other one is Atelier's Clementine, but I ran out of that sample, so KVD is it now!  Probably after today, I won't bust this perfume out again for a long time. 😞

4160 Tuesday's Sleep Knot for me today for an easy evening wear. Luminous jasmine and a huge hit of ISO-E Super 🙂

My choice for today, Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt.

JO MALONE LONDON - Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne

Je Suis Un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange

s1754324-main-Lhero.jpg

Sacrebleu, Nicolai perfumer creator Sacrebleu.jpg

It's ELdO's Fat Electrician today - so good 🙂

I dug out an old Calvin Klein Euphoria sample to wear.  (From their product page: Notes:
Pomegranate, Persimmon, Green Notes, Black Orchid, Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Liquid Amber, Mahogany Wood, Black Violet, Cream Accord.)

It's a wonderful smell, so I feel a little sad that the sample's almost gone -- but I also feel silly, because like I said, it's an old sample, so I really shouldn't miss it that much if I've had it around for so long without wearing it, right?

Happy Monday.

L'Envol de Cartier EdP by Cartier

"Gaiac Wood and notes of honey, brought out by a wispy haze of musk"

375x500.39885.jpg

Having a light and lazy Sunday so am wearing Penhaligon's Lothair. I didn't notice it before but it gets a little powdery in the dry down.

10661177_1773670012864975_1338933933_n

Proenza Schouler Arizona Eau De Parfum

Arizona by Proenza Schouler--newly discovered at Nordstrom. Smells sweet and creamy to me. Not sure it stands out but it's certainly very nice.  

What it is: A floral-scented eau de parfum that takes you on journey to find your Arizona state of mind.

Fragrance story: Inspired by Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez's travels, Arizona is a fragrance born of the designers' love for taking contrasting elements and melding them into one. With a floral accord of white cactus flower—never before used in perfumery—combined with a creamy orris accord, Arizona is a fragrance to be worn and experienced as a fashion garment.

Style: Floral, woody.

Notes: living cactus flower accord, creamy orris accord, jasmine absolute.

Okay this is a weird one...I recently...very recently bought Mugler Alien Eau de Parfum 2 oz/ 60 mL

and each time I wear it...I get a headache. Not a migraine but a headache. I sampled it and was fine, so I ordered. Then I received my order and i'm getting headaches now but I love the scent. Is there some way to narrow down which note is triggering this?

testing