Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@Vmaster I hope you’re feeling better! Having the flu in summer is really a bummer! Stay well! 

@keana1 Thank you. It is rough being hot when the weather is already hot.

I joined the club by testing out a sample of Princess By Kilian today! 

First spray: it's initially extremely sweet on me, with a very strong marshmallow presence. However, it dried down fairly quickly on me and mellowed out into a softer sweetness.

After about 4 hours, the scent had really calmed down and wore closer to my skin - I could finally pick up the ginger in this, almost like gingerbread as the sweetness is still present. 

I haven't picked up the green tea note at all, and I've been wearing Princess for over 6 hours now. 

Not certain if I'd purchase this although I do like it; but I have a soft spot for gourmands and sweet scents. With that said, I tend to always find Kilian scents too sweet for me, so this scent wasn't at all surprising from my experience. 

@lachaton I tried Princess also but I didn’t smell the ginger nor the green tea! It reminded me of Black Opium! The day after I initially tried Princess I sprayed my left wrist with it and I sprayed my right wrist with Black Opium and they almost smelled the same! I’m really curious about Adults and Boys !

You may enjoy Alien by Thierry Mugler, Angel by Thierry M...

@lachatonYou may enjoy Alien by Thierry Mugler, Angel by Thierry Mugler, Saint by Kat Von D, and Noir Pour Femme by Tom Ford. Though I suggest sampling them before buying.

Re: You may enjoy Alien by Thierry Mugler, Angel by Thierry M...

Thanks for the suggestions, @Vmaster! theyre pretty spot on, as I actually own 3 of the 4 already! I’m a Mugler fan in general and have both Alien and Angel (and some of the flankers) as well as Saint. I always want to like Noir Pour Femme but unfortunately it isn’t one of my favourites from TF! 

@lachaton, I've read a lot of reviews saying the green tea note was absent. I didn't detect any bitterness of green tea and the most generous interpretation I have is that maybe it's a perfume version of "tea" like what we find in some of Bvlgari's tea perfumes which also don't remind me of tea. It would have been nice actually, to have some really bitter matcha stirred into Princess to give the sweetness more of a counterbalance.

I decided to have a little fun today since it's been raining for so long, and tried a bunch of different EDTs.  D&G Garden and Dulce Rosa Excelsa stood out.  I also enjoyed Gucci Bloom Acqua di Fiori.

I started off this Monday with L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha. A little escapism, transporting me to the cool, smoky shadows of a stony edifice far away 🙂

Gengis Khan

by Marc de la Morandiere

20180806_162804.jpg

Happy Friday 

Today I am wearing 

Derby by Guerlain 

375x500.17119.jpg

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I wore New York Intense by Nicolaï

@Vmaster, glad you liked this one. Just read someone on basenotes comparing it to Eau Sauvage, which I like.

@pocketvenus I think it smells closer to Creed's Bois du Portugal

Edit: A guy on Fragrantica said that it is a dead ringer for Boucheron EDP. I have never tried Boucheron so hopefully that means something to you.

I am wearing Juliette has a Gun MMMM. I bought the travel size spray after reading reviews that made me curious. It reminds of Dior Hypnotic Poison, but for me MMMM works with my chemistry better. I love how the opening smells much like a rootbeer float to me, and later there is a smokiness that comes through- balances so well with the sweetness. It is a lovely fragrance, I am interested in trying other scents from JHAG.

@angel7594, if you like the root beer, Byredo has a lesser known one called Seven Veils that has a nice root beer vibe 🙂

Thank you for the recommendation @pocketvenus! ❤️ I have been curious about Byredo fragrances.

@angel7594, you're welcome 🙂

I'm currently wearing Les Trésors De Sriwijaya by Auphorie. It's a subtle mélange of peaches and fruit marinated in warm spices, tropical florals, resins and woods. The synthetic musks in the dry down are fantastic and very smooth.

auphorie-les-tresors-de-sriwijaya-banner

@pocketvenus Ooh, I'm always looking for really neat peach scents! I find nice ones are harder to find than I expected. I'll have to look into this one. 

This fragrance sounds delightful from your description @pocketvenus! ❤️

testing